Rockchip
Community maintained Rockchip boards
1626 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I need your expert help to resolve an issue on my newly purchased orange pi 5b. I was able to install armbian xfce desktop os on emmc but am unable to correctly run a purchased csi mipi camera module (OV13850). Attached are some screen grabs, I do see rk3588-ov13850-c1 appear in overlays row of armbianEnv.txt upon toggling the selection in the armbian-config. Cheese application shows message "There was an error playing video from the webcam" upon opening the application (i also installed flatpak cheese as per some comment in a forum to test). I also tested connecting camera on rk3588-ov13850-c3 but face the same issue. Is th…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Armbian Team I have one banana pi r2 pro board(https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-R2_Pro). I used Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.667_Bananapir2pro_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal.img(https://github.com/armbian/community/releases/download/24.5.0-trunk.667/Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.667_Bananapir2pro_bookworm_current_6.6.31_minimal.img.xz) . I want to use 4 serial port. But when I tried to "cat" command, it gives Input/output error. I tried to screen too but it terminated immediately. it can see there is 7 uart interface ,but only ttyS2 works, for terminal how can I use other uart interfaces. :~# ls -l /dev/ttyS* crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 6…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does armbian for orange pi 5b provide headless wifi setup like raspberry pi? on raspberry pi, I can modify the sd card. like `touch ssh` and assign wifi login and password in the .conf to achieve headless wifi setup. I don't have a lan cable, monitor and keyborad to set up.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all I have broken my installation when I tried to install the kernel 6.1 my current kernel 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx. My nanopc t6 do not start. My installation is on EMMC and start on it. Could you please help me to recover it ? I have a backup file from OMV but I don't know how to push the backup to the EMMC? other possibility I guess copy the boot folder backup to EMMC boot folder but I do not know if it is enough. I really appreciate an help furthermore a clear turial could help evryone to recover an installation on EMMC memory. Thanks in advance for your support.
-
I apologize in advance if I wrote to the wrong branch. Dear community, a question about OrangePi 5B (board without SPI-flash!). There is only an eMMC on the device. The computer is successfully running on the OS from the Orangepi website, recorded both on the SD card (Baleno Ether) and with eMMC (MaskROM+RKdevtool). At the same time, I see the devices themselves and their partitions, SD card and/or eMMC. The Armbian OS for OrangePi 5/5B/5 Plus (CLI or GUI) written to the SD card loads and works, BUT disk commands DO NOT SEE eMMC, only SD card partitions. In Armbian-config, there is only the Insatall/Update bootloader on SD/eMMC item, which does not change anything. If …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
-
-
Hello, I have this combinations which was probably a mistake, because I cannot get the camera running whatever I do. Was someone able to get it up or give me some advice, lead me a good direction? Thanks a lot.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
-
-
I have my RK3399-based device booting with my own working kernel and device tree. I want to erase the root partition and install Debian from one of the official ARM distros, but I'm not sure how to do this. Obviously, I can't just boot into the Debian installer like on an X86 machine. What I think I need is a root partition of a vanilla Debian install, because then I can just point U-boot to the root partition and Debian should boot (hopefully into an installer). What's the best way to proceed?
-
[ 11.309397] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: clock rate = 500000000 [ 11.316882] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: EM: OPP:200000 is inefficient [ 11.317248] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: EM: created perf domain [ 11.320588] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: mali-t860 id 0x860 major 0x2 minor 0x0 status 0x0 [ 11.321594] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: features: 00000000,00000407, issues: 00000000,24040400 [ 11.322812] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: Features: L2:0x07120206 Shader:0x00000000 Tiler:0x00000809 Mem:0x1 MMU:0x00002830 AS:0xff JS:0x7 [ 11.324483] panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: shader_present=0xf l2_present=0x1 [ 11.357056] [drm] Initialized panfrost 1.2.0 20180908 for ff9a0000.gpu on minor 1 It seems Panf…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 12.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Since the specific USB hardware support is now in place, I thought it would be good to discuss pitfalls and remedies for transitioning to a modern kernel. I have now tested the 6.8.5 based Armbian. None of the latest packages (.408 - .411) come up with HDMI output. You have to have a serial console connected, and then correct the problems. 1) This is what you are greeted with: [ 6.828040] panthor fb000000.gpu: [drm] *ERROR* Failed to load firmware image 'mali_csffw.bin' To fix this do apt install armbian-firmware-full and reboot 2) The 8821cu driver has performance problems. Also, the stupid "windows" adapter comes up …
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi team, This is not exactly Armbian related, however I hope to find some help here, also it can be useful for someone else in custom board development (my case). For testing I have Olimex RK3328-SOM-EVB and RK3318 TV box boards. They both behave the same way. As summary I'm trying to boot Linux using the Bootrom and USB OTG only, in other words without any external boot NVM attached. To archive this I build U-Boot SPL (u-boot-spl.bin), which support SDP protocol via USB OTG. For SDP file transfer I'm using imx_usb tool. The binaries used in the process are: rk3328_uboot_v1.19.250.bin - consists of u-boot-tpl.bi…
-
After a recent update to non-kernel stuff, my Helios64 will no longer boot. When attempting to, I get this error: [ 32.425508] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.3.auto: Host halt failed, -110 [ 35.019496] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.3.auto: Host halt failed, -110 [ 35.020028] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.3.auto: Host controller not halted, aborting reset. I had been using the eMMC on board to boot with the SD card as a backup, but now neither one is working. Anyone know if there's a way to fix this? Here's more, using verbosity=4 in the armbianEnv.txt. Spoiler DDR Version 1.24 20191016 In channel 0 CS = 0 MR0=0x18 MR4=0x1 MR5=0x1 MR8=0x10 MR12=0x7…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 5.2k views
-
-
Hi, In a bid to solve an issue with my NAS (which I now think was a dying HDD) I foolishly decided to upgrade from buster to bullseye and now most, if not all, of the services are failing to start - including network-manager, sshd and fancontrol so I only have access via the USB serial console. By setting a static IP I have been able to get it network access at least. When I try to start any of the dead services it hangs for a minute or so, then kicks me back to the login and the terminal is corrupted so I need to reboot before I'm able to do anything meaningful. (I am able to start fancontrol by just running `fancontrol` at which point the fans stop going at 100%, s…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I burned the .img file via RkDevTool to eMMC according to the manual, however when I try to upload I get the following error: "Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems: - Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev) ALERT! UUID=cff1be9d-0892... does not exist. Dropping to a shell!" blkid says: /dev/mmcblk1p1: PARTUUID="d0bc2961-01" fsck /dev/mmcblk1p1 says: error 2: no such file or directory cat /proc/cmdline says: root=cff1be9d-0892... rootwait rootfstype=ext4 splash plymouth.ignore-se…
-
hello, i was trying to set up a 2 pin fan on my orangepi 5b and i connected it to pin 25 and 26 (GND and PWM1). When i first started this task, the output from gpio readall would show me all 26 pins on the board. As i was digging through some forums to try and get the PWM pin to operate as on/off, i came across wiringOP and when i installed it, the output of `gpio readall` changed to only show 8pins. I am unsure of what went wrong and why it only shows 8 pins. I tried removing wiringOP and it still has not made a difference. Thanks
-
Just a reminder, if someone wants to fix it.
-
Reputation Points
- 125 replies
- 37.6k views
- 6 followers
-
-
I have a Helios64 that I recently reinstalled/updated to the latest Armbain Jammy image after not updating for quite some time and finding some of the repos to be dead. Without the drives initialized the system seems like it will run for days, but with the drives initialized (ZFS), I will get the below error after a few hours of uptime (~8-10 hours). I have seen some threads saying to set the CPU clock to one speed to fix the issue and some people installing a newer kernel (via beta.armbian.com). If anyone has any thoughts on how I could try and make this more stable I would appreciate it. [477435.475903] rcu: INFO: rcu_preempt self-detected stall on CPU [477…
-
Hello, https://doc.embedfire.com/products/link/en/latest/linux/ebf_lubancat.html I tried to port the kernel device tree in the SDK provided to the mainline kernel, but it ultimately failed to start I'm not sure what the difference is between the device tree in the mainline kernel and the rk custom kernel Please help me.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have Armbian running on a NanoPi R6C 8GB with 32GB eMMC. I made a new Armbian image with the build framework that uses newest linux-u-boot-nanopi-r6s-legacy 23.8.0-trunk linux-dtb-legacy-rk35xx 23.8.0-trunk linux-image-legacy-rk35xx 23.8.0-trunk Booted from microSD this system has an idle power consumption of 0,92w. I can access both the eMMC and microSD storage. When i transfer this system from microSD to eMMC with "nand-sata-install" to boot & OS on eMMC and cold boot without the microSD, the idle power consumption increases to 1,21w. After a shutdown and booting from the microSD again the idle…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Libre Renegade overlays opp-1.4ghz and opp-1.5ghz load but not working in trixie edge (24.5.0-trunk.512). Both overlays do work in 24.2.1 bookworm.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello team Hoping I can get some advice here We have a custom device running rockchip3588 It boot up into android 12 This device has no SD card option We installed RKdevtool on a laptop connected to the back of the device via usb C installed Ubuntu 20.04 desktop using firefly by partitioning the free space We simply dragged and dropped the image over to the space using firefly However it failed with no free space to even run a standard update We are trying to wipe it out and install Ambian directly onto it removing android We should then have enough space not having to boot up with android Does anyone have a…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 13.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Are there any plans to make a version with the new Rockchip 6.1 kernel available for Orange Pi 5/5+? Joshua Riek seems to have had some success, he even got the Panfork drivers running. I run a headless server though so even without graphics it would be interesting but I use Debian.
-
Reputation Points
- 47 replies
- 41.7k views
- 9 followers
-
-
my Helios64 Board is now so unstable -- it on its own isn't worth putting in more of my time... but the rest of the NAS system "seems" fine -- so is there anything I can replace the logic board with ?? are there any "working" boards to be purchased anywhere? I've looked all over and the board "seems" close to the tinkerboard but I don't think it is one. I believe that it was a custom build. anyone else just try to replace the board and move on? Rich Leonard
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.9k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I am having this problem with apt-get update, please if someone could help me, maybe we have to change the repositories
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When I reboot with kernel 6.8.4 (edge) installed by apt upgrade, I noticed my scripts that uses snapper for remove differential backups. It turns out that, if no cleanup algorithm option is used, snapshot is created. Before the reboot, with kernel 6.8.1 version, there was no issue. I on Armbian Bookworm, but also with other Debian Bookworm based OS running those same kernel binaries. Same failure with 6.8.5 Currently I don't know any more, I could run this faulty kernel in a VM as the .config is such that it also boots on virt hardware (virt-7.2 as Bookworm uses). EDIT: Also in a VM, the problem is there: root@armbian64:/tmp# sn…
-
I tried to install OMV 7 RC1 on the Bookworm image, but I get a lot of "Segmentation fault" and "free(): invalid pointer" error messages. My Installation for the Bookworm image... Is the problem due to the Bookworm image or the 6.6.8 kernel or should I contact the OMV team? Here is the complete log of the OMV 7 RC1 installation... Spoiler root@helios64:~# sudo curl -sSL https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash [2024-02-22 13:32:50+0100] [omvinstall] script version :: 2.3.9 [2024-02-22 13:32:50+0100] [omvinstall] Armbian [2024-02-22 13:32:50+0100] [omvinstall] Starti…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 14.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello everyone, I seem to have a problem with not knowing how to change the top usb3 port of my Rock pi 4+ to host mode from otg mode, I just got it and installed armbian on it and open media vault, only to notice that I couldn't connect anything to the top usb 3 port and have it show up in open media vault, the other ports work fine and looking at the internet seems to have found that the answer is that the port is in OTG mode and on the official website they do have a way to change it to host mode, but not in armbian and I'm not skilled enough in linux to find where the file I need to change is. I'm running this build "Armbian_v22.05.2_Rockpi-4cplus_bullseye…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear maintainers, thank you very much for your fantastic job! I di know how difficult to support different Chinese dev. motherboards. But I would like to ask you for a help: I use TinkerBoard S Rel.2.0 with latest armbian available for the board. It works perfect with HDMI 7inch screen from BigTreeTech company (BTT). However, I would like to use it with BTT 4.3inch DSI Display, which is developed for Raspberry Pi. BTT provided a 43DPI driver guidance for Raspbian which is here: bigtreetech/TFT43-DIP: DPI Driver, but it might work for kernel > 4.5 or 5.x. Moreover, in your distro there is no config.txt but there is the armbianEnv.txt. So, it is obvious,…
-
If so how'd ya do it!?!? My personal experience had been a rock solid device on the original official Debian Armbian image (Linux Kernel: 5.10), and OMV5. It never went down unless I manually rebooted, and I never needed any CPU governor changes, voltage changes or otherwise to keep it stable. Reading so much stuff about OMV5 being end of life made me pull the trigger on upgrade to OMV6 along with the kernel upgrade that OMV did automatically, at the time unaware of the state of Kobol and Armbian support. Now I get about 1-2 days on average before it KPs and I have to hit the reset button. Tried the CPU underclocking, performa…
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 15.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! I'm able to reproducibly get a kernel oops whenever I start a docker container on my Helios64 The SD card I was running my Helios64 from died and so I reinstalled Armbian using the steps to install bookworm from this post. I did skip the steps related to hs400 and L2 cache as I'm currently running the system from an SD card. After the install seemed to be working well I installed zfs, imported my existing pool, and then installed docker. My previous setup was using docker's ZFS storage driver so I got that configured as well. Now, whenever I start up a docker container (ie by running "sudo docker run hello-world") I get the foll…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've got an OrangePi based on the Rockchip RK3399. The official OrangePi Debian version I'm using is Armbian-based I believe and uses a 5.10 kernel. I want to upgrade the kernel as later ones support some video features of the RK3399 I want to use. The problem is, if I build the kernel using the standard vanilla method from kernel.org sources even using the same config file from the running kernel without changing anything (make olddefconfig), the device won't boot when I symlink the new kernel to /boot/Image. Interestingly, it does boot if I symlink the new initrd to /boot/uInitrd, but only with the old kernel. Is there something special I need to do to the k…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Having successfuly built and installed an Armbian image I would like to configure the WiFi connection as part of the process. Currently on first boot I have to connect a network cable to the SBC and run armbian-config to configure the WiFi manually which is a bit of a drag when I'm updating 5 boards. Is this doable ?
-
When comparing network speeds on the orange pi 3b 8gb model using armbian (Jammy Gnome 6.8.2) and Opios (aarch64-xfce-opi3b-23.08.1-linux5.10.160), there seems to be an issue with uploads on armbian. Using iperf3 for testing, the results were as follows: For orange pi os (arch): From other device (server) to orange pi 3b (client): 112mb/s From orange pi 3b (server) to other device (client): 112mb/s For armbian: From other device (server) to orange pi 3b (client): 112mb/s From orange pi 3b (server) to other device (client): 42mb/s I would like to know the cause of this problem and how to solve it.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been using a Rock Pi 4C Plus (v1.2) with M.2 slot with Armbian for some time. I boot from eMMC, but have a 500GB NVME device Cannot recall the original version of firmware installed, but it was originally a Debian bullseye image and I re-installed when a bookworm image became available. I regularly use "apt update" followed by "apt upgrade" to keep the software up to date. After a recent update the system went into a boot loop. I attempted to recover by creating an SD card with the latest Armbian image. When trying to debug the issue I noticed that the NVME in the M.2 slot is no longer recognized. Reverting to previously available 23.11 image and the NVME …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.2k views
-
-
Hello, I apologize for my bad English. I have a NanoPi R6S and a NanoPC T6. Both Nano devices have Armbian images. Both devices use a processor: CPU Model: Rockchip RK3588 Number of Cores: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A76 + Quad Core Cortex-A55 Frequency: Cortex-A76 (up to 2.4GHz), Cortex-A55 (up to 1.8GHz) A few things struck me On NanoPi R6S in the dts file, the frequency of A76 cores is up to 2.4GHz you can see the frequencies at which each core works cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000 408000 600000 816000 1008000 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000…
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is it possible to activate PCIe ASPM L1 substates with the NanoPi R6C / RK3588s Soc in general? > lspci -vvv | grep ASPM LnkCtl: ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+ L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1+ L1_PM_Substates+ L1SubCtl1: PCI-PM_L1.2- PCI-PM_L1.1- ASPM_L1.2- ASPM_L1.1- My M.2 NVMe SSD supports all L1 substates but setting pcie_aspm.policy to "powersupersave" has no effect. Max is "powersave" to activate ASPM L1 and that works. Is this a limitation of the SoC or just not implemented in the armbian driver / kernel?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have been trying to switch to kernel 6.8 but images are not working properly. Screen does not show anything at all. 6.1 images can boot so users can proceed with installation. Failure has been observed for some time starting with earlier 6.8-rc versions. Has anyone tried any 6.6 build?
-
After shelving my Rock 64 I dusted it off and downloaded the latest desktop image with Ubuntu Focal. The latest OS has video artifacts that the older OS did not. I can only describe the issue as "scan lines," but they are random black bars that appear through out the entire screen (as if WiFi is interrupting the signal only there's no WiFi on the device). I would like to know the best way to bisect the issue as I'm fully capable of cloning the repo, building the image, loading the image and testing it out but if there are pointers to simplify the process I'd love to hear. Hoping to give back since this is a community supported board. Thanks.
-
Hello I have installed Armbian 24.2.3 Bookworm with Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx on Orange Pi 5 plus with 32 Gb ram and mounted a heatsink with a fan on the CPU (this model: http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/details/Cooling-Fan.html) I need help configuring the fan to turn on when the CPU temperature reaches 60°C and turn off when it reaches 50°C. Can you provide instructions on how to do this? Thanks for help or support
-
Hi all, I have several NanopiM4 SBC's, some are Nanopim4 and others Nanopim4v2. I use the Nanopim4v2 image on all of them and it works beautifully. When I ssh into the boxes I see which doesn't look great on here but it's basically NPIM4V2, I would like to change it to NPIM4 for the non M4V2 boards - anyone know how this is generated ? I don't even know what to call it ! Splash screen ? Logo ? Hope this makes sense
-
Hi friends... I understand that you have to be careful with the power supply and SD cards. For the above, I bought 2 power supplies (original) and several SD cards from different suppliers. After several attempts I can't get it to start from the sdcard (it only starts from the nvme). I burned the images on Linux (wipefs + dd + gparted) and Windows (SD Memory Card Formatter + balenaEtcher). Also, I used RKDevTool to burn the images to the sd card and nothing (evidently I deleted the spi content). --- begin part of the log --- U-Boot SPL board init U-Boot SPL 2017.09-gc060f28d70-220414 #zyf (Apr 18 2022 - 18:13:34) Failed to set cpub01 Faile…
-
Hello, I'm currently having trouble getting Kodi to run smoothly on my RADXA RockPi 5B. Despite having set up Kodi multiple times before, I'm facing some challenges this time around. Here's what I've done so far: Installed the Armbian_community_24.5.0-trunk.168_Rock-5b_jammy_vendor_6.1.43_gnome_desktop.img.xz image onto a micro SD card for my RockPi 5B. Followed the instructions provided on the Armbian website for the RockPi 5B (https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/). While Armbian boots up fine and I can start Kodi, I encounter a few issues: - The screen resolution is initially incorrect when Kodi starts up. To fix this, I have to navi…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I wanted to upgrade from the previous release to the current one. apt update & apt upgrade and reboot worked fine but I noticed it was still on the 5.10 kernel so I used the config utility to switch to 6.7 and now I can't get a display output on HDMI 1 or 2 and its not getting an IP address either. I'm booting from M.2 NVME. Is there any way to fix my setup?
-
Hi all! There's a dedicated RTC chip in Rock3A (HYM8563TS), but unfortunately it doesn't work right with the standard Armbian image. The chip is correctly identified, but the problem is with the RK809 PMIC, which also contains an RTC. During boot RK809 is labeled as rtc0, and HYM8563TS as rtc1, and by default kernel uses rtc0 for hwclock manipulations. Since RTC battery is connected to HYM8563TS, after power cycle RK809 is reset to 2017-08-05 09:00:00. | _ \ ___ ___| | __ |___ / / \ | |_) / _ \ / __| |/ / |_ \ / _ \ | _ < (_) | (__| < ___) / ___ \ |_| \_\___/ \___|_|\_\ |____/_/ \_\ Welcome to Armbian 23.11.1 Bookwo…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, in an attempt speed up my Armbian image build process I put the last build choices in a bash script ./compile.sh BOARD=nanopim4v2 BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=no\ DESKTOP_APPGROUPS_SELECTED='browsers editors'\ DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT=gnome\ DESKTOP_ENVIRONMENT_CONFIG_NAME=config_base\ KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no RELEASE=jammy but I still get prompted for input when I run the script - what am I doing wrong ?
-
Just to let people know that the NanoPiM4V2 build works on both NanoPiM4 and NanoPiM4V2 boards
-
Hey, I am working with Weston-7 alongside Lima driver with MESA v19 to render using MALI450 on the display but it isn't rendering it properly. I thought the issue is with MESA so I upgraded it to v20 and applied required patches for Weston-7, but still the result is same and there is no improvement. I have attached the video link below of Weston terminal on the display for reference. Weston render Any idea what I might be missing here?
-
Hi all, I'm following a tutorial by @NicoD on building an Armbian image, the problem I have, is, my board ( NanoPiM4V2 ) isn't shown in the picklist - I 've tried one of the many RK3399 offerings ( Rockchip64 ) but whilst it built ok it didn't boot, anyone here know which board I should use ? Edit I found if you pass EXPERT=yes as a parameter to the install script the board is listed - I'm building it now and will post back the result End edit
-
The most resent build 24.5.0-trunk.93 does not have comedi drivers included. I tried to build them with the armbian build system, but it is exclude there. How I can change that so that I can include these drivers. I have a bunch of data aquisition system relying on this drivers that I ran with a rockpi 4c+ Any hint appreciate, Thomas
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
With my bigtreetech 7” hdmi lcd the orange pi 3b does not show image with edge kernel. It works with legacy. if i ssh it to it, dmesg show some error about unsupported mode and no crt connected. best regards Jesper
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As the title states - I've been away for a while and can't remember where I should post 🙄
-
At least for legacy kernels, it possible to use Radxa's overlay for the 25W PoE hat. This should allow you to use the PWM fan on the PoE hat. #!/bin/bash # Install linux headers apt-get install -y linux-headers-legacy-rk35xx # Download and compile the device tree overlay h=/usr/src/linux-headers-$(uname -r) wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/radxa/overlays/f2679399887b678dec62cb50cb44c767a2bcb293/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/overlays/rock-5b-radxa-25w-poe.dts cpp -nostdinc -I $h/include -I $h/arch -undef -x assembler-with-cpp rock-5b-radxa-25w-poe.dts | dtc -I dts -O dtb -o rock-5b-radxa-25w-poe.dtbo # Install device tree overlay mkdir -p /…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have managed to install mainline u-boot on my 5B. i copied the 5It boots from both MMC and the SD. To boot from the sd, you have to interrupt the boot process and tell it to boot from MMC0. the default boot order is: mmc1 mmc0 nvme scsi usb pxe dhcp spi I've tried a number of things to correct the issue but none worked. In the aliases section of rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dts, I had to device sdchi as MMC0 (it really is MMC1). Not it boots like it should. Is there a better way to get u-boot to boot from SD card first? Thanks!
-
Hello, I've problem... Message from syslogd@rock-5b at Feb 23 21:58:00 ... kernel:[ 443.674152] Internal error: Oops: 0000000096000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP Message from syslogd@rock-5b at Feb 23 21:58:00 ... kernel:[ 443.674152] Internal error: Oops: 0000000096000004 [#1] PREEMPT SMP Message from syslogd@rock-5b at Feb 23 21:58:00 ... kernel:[ 443.718480] Code: b40001b3 f1036273 d503201f 54000140 (f9402261) Message from syslogd@rock-5b at Feb 23 21:58:00 ... kernel:[ 443.718480] Code: b40001b3 f1036273 d503201f 54000140 (f9402261) I have exactly zero experience with debugging this. But from my trial-error it will have something to do…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 12k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I'm trying to build a NAS using the Penta SATA Hat (https://wiki.radxa.com/Penta_SATA_HAT). I'd like to use ZFS as file system. I got the "supported" Armbian Jammy image from here: https://www.armbian.com/rockpi4/ I installed the kernel headers through armbian-config. However, attempting to install the zfs-dkms package gives me Building for 6.1.30-rockchip64 Module build for kernel 6.1.30-rockchip64 was skipped since the kernel headers for this kernel does not seem to be installed. As you can see, my kernel version is 6.1.30-rockchip64: $ uname -r 6.1.30-rockchip64 However, the installed kernel he…
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
I just buy the orange pi 3b powered by the Rockchip RK3566. Is there any plan to support this new SBC.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.2k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi there, I'm setting up microk8s cluster on: 2 x RockPi 4A (Linux 6.1.63-current-rockchip64) 2 x Rock 5 B (Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx) Installing microk8s and connecting cluster went without issue. My next step was to install https://microk8s.io/docs/addon-mayastor in order to create distributed volume between my nodes. The problem is that mayastor require linux-modules-extra which is not build for my kernel versions. I tried few different kernels but this module is not present there as well. My question is: Is there something what I can do? Is it possible to build this module for 6.1.63-current-r…
-
I first made a self-built image for nanopi-r2s and everything is fine. But another self-built image of Nanopi-R2S seems refuse to boot after enabling these configurations: `DEBUG_INFO_DWARF_TOOLCHAIN_DEFAULT`, then `DEBUG_INFO_BTF` and `MODULE_ALLOW_BTF_MISMATCH` But the LED on RJ45 blinks, and I can ping the IP that I get from my router DHCP, but SSH connection refused. So I guess it may have booted, but refuse SSH connection. I have no TTL serial connections yet, I'll check it and post the logs here some time later. Can anybody help? How can I enable ssh with? Is it possible to enable it at build stage? Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was getting kernel panics and discovered that my 32 GB Rock 5B Blue Edition just crashes when I try to malloc 8-9 gigabtes of memory. Is there a way to specify that this board has 32 GB ram? 5.10 works fine.
-
Hello everyone, I have installed Armbian Bookworm 23.11.1 (kernel 5.10.110). The fan control does not work. The fan only runs at level 1. None of the many patches I tried worked. The last one tried was this: https://forum.radxa.com/t/guide-on-how-to-customize-you-pwm-fan-curve/17442 I can adjust the fan manually, but the automatic doesn't work. The "policy" file (/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/policy) cannot be permanently changed to "step wise" (logged in as root). After restarting it is back to "user_space"... The access rights are: -rw-r--r--1 root root 4096 Feb 1102:42 policy Owner: = Root Root…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Does anyone have a working U-boot or CLI image with serial console disabled for Rock Pi 4b or Rock 4SE? Been struggling for a week to build my own with ./compile.sh and user patch but no success, U-boot hangs at user input prompt because gps sends data from power on. Have tried all suggestions on the forum.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
-
-
I tried the latest 6.8 kernel edge on my Rock 5A and noticed the CSI camera interface doesnt exist. Is there any plan or time schedule to fix that? I saw it's marked "TODO" on https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardware-enablement/rockchip-3588/notes-for-rockchip-3588/-/blob/main/mainline-status.md . So in 6.9 perhaps? (A LOT of other stuff works remarkably well though, great work!)
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 8.2k views
-
-
Hi all, I've just booted my NanoPi M4 V2 after not using it for a year or so and when I log in via ssh I'm told the / usage is at 100% - I've deleted all logs and the usual suspects but to no avail uname gives Linux M4V203 5.10.63-rockchip64 #21.08.2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 8 10:57:23 UTC 2021 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux I'm using a 32gb SD card df -h gives Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on udev 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev tmpfs 387M 41M 346M 11% /run /dev/mmcblk1p1 29G 29G 0 100% / tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock tmpfs …
-
When I boot any variant with kernel 6..x.x from SD there is no problem with hdmi. When I flash the same variant to the nvme, it boots fine but there is no hdmi output. The orange pi logo appears for a second, then nothing. I can ssh in and everthing works fine. Any variant with 5.x.x kernel works fine from the nvme, with hdmi output. What I don't understand is that if I have output to hdmi when booting from sd, why not from nvme. What I think is relevent entries in the boot log is below. mmu fe043e00.iommu: Enable stall request timed out, status: 0x00030b Jan 30 09:38:22 orangepi3b kernel: rk_iommu fe043e00.iommu: Enable stall reques…
-
I'm new to SBC and tinkering with Rock 4C+ (plus) board and appreciate some support and guidance for blueooth setup. Installed Armbian 23.11.1 Bookworm CLI build. Enabled BT package from Armbian config utility as well tried installing bluez package from CLI using apt command afterwards. Started bluetooth service but seems not working. Command sequence I used: sudo apt install bluez sudo service bluetooth start sudo service bluetooth status (output says Loaded & Active). 'hcitool scan' command however returns message "Device is not available: No such device". When I installed Radxa's official Debian 11 des…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just wondering when an image will be available for the R5S - I have one here sitting waiting for it 🙂
-
Reputation Points
- 72 replies
- 51.6k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hello everyone. Please help me with the following problem. I have a Rock Pi 4b 1.4 (with SPI flash). I did the boot from the NVMe SSD using the image rkspi_loader-v20.11.2-trunk-v2.img according to the instructions. I installed Armbian 23.11 Jammy XFCE on NVMe SSD KingSpec NX 1TB. I’m using a power supply Baseus 65W GaN Pro (with PD). The system loads and works well. However, the system cannot reboot. When i click on reboot, the system starts to reboot and after the reset goes into a cyclic reboot. I need to turn off the power to reboot. What could be the problem and how to solve it? UART (Serial console) log: " " $&0 f@`B@@NF0f@`B@@NF 0f@`B@@NF@@@LN`b`N" " …
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
On a Rock 5B, I installed Armbian 23.11 Bookworm CLI via a SD card and now trying to setup boot via the NVMe drive. I followed the instructions on https://www.armbian.com/rock-5b/ to create a partition on the NVMe drive, format it, then tried `armbian-install` to boot from SPI. However armbian-install does not list the option to "Boot from SPI". It shows only the following options: 1 Boot from SD - system on SATA, USB, or NVMe 5 Install/Update the bootloader on SD/eMMC I then noticed I do not have a SPI device. /dev/mtdblock0 doesn't exist as well as "cat /proc/mtd" is empty. # ls /dev/mtd* ls: cannot access '/dev/mtd*': No such file …
-
I had one OPi5 setup and working properly with one of my TVs. I was running Kodi and using the remote from my TV to control Kodi using HDMI-CEC. I went to setup a second one on another TV but this time the TV remote did not work properly. Through elimination I came to determine the HDMI cable was the issue. I ordered another HDMI cable that had the Ferrite at each side of the cable. Now it worked properly. Thought this might be useful for others. This is the cable I ordered: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003PDHJ6M Conclusion: In order to make HDMI-CEC work properly, make sure the HDMI cable is of sufficient quality. I think ones with the Ferrite may be b…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Hi, please provide me with link where can I download OS - armbian or ubuntu built for the board OrangePi 3B with RK3566 CPU. http://www.orangepi.org/…tml Thank you very much.
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 13.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have a project developed on Rock 4C+ v1.2 board. Now there is only v1.41 board available and Armbian is not booting on it at all, no matter it's compiled locally, or it's downloaded from the official sources. UART debug is producing unreadable sequence. So far, what I’ve tried: - I’ve built Armbian with the latest changes armbian build repo - hasn't helped - I’ve used rk3399-rock-4c-plus.dtb file instead of rk3399-rock-pi-4c-plus.dtb, dunno why there are two, but somewhere on the forum I read that this one without “pi” is the right one - hasn't helped - official Armbian images - not booting - Ubuntu and Debian - both booting fin…
-
Hi, i'm currently trying to disable the serial console on port 2 on my Rockchip based Rockpi 4B (based on rk3399). I already found the following forum thread, that describes in brief, that i basically have to recompile my own armbian image. But still I'm missing some information. I have read the docs in docs.armbian.com and watched the YouTube video on how to build an armbian image. So far, i was able to setup a VM for building an image on my workstation. I also had a successful compile run yesterday, that created some output in my output folder. Now, I'd like to apply a patch, that changes the serial debugging console during boot from port 2 to port 4. …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I booted the RC from 1/20/2024, set the ftdfile to rc3588s-orangepi-5b.dtb in armbianEnv.txt, and rebooted: no wifi or bluetooth. The hci0 and wlan0 devices are not present. They both work on the Linux 5.10 kernel. My armbianEnv.txt: -------------------------- verbosity=1 bootlogo=true overlay_prefix=rockchip-rk3588 fdtfile=rockchip/rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dtb rootdev=UUID=38eb4cb5-0503-4a0a-900f-7a5167517a20 rootfstype=ext4 overlays=sata1 sata2 usbstoragequirks=0x2537:0x1066:u,0x2537:0x1068:u
-
Hello, i'm using the NanoPC-T4 with Armbian Bookworm (23.8.1 with Linux 6.1.63-current-media) Kernel and Mainsail/Klipper is running on in smooth and gently. Since i want to record timelapse videos, i've decided to buy the orginial "FriendlyELEC Cam1320 PI Camera Module" based on the OV13850. I've connected it in the expectation that it should work together. But the System is not detecting the camera module. $ v4l2-ctl --list-devices rockchip,rk3399-vpu-enc (platform: hantro-vpu): /dev/video2 /dev/video4 /dev/media1 rockchip-rga (platform:rga): /dev/video0 rkvdec (platform:rkvdec): /dev/video3 /dev/media0 rockchip-iep (platform:rockchip-i…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am currently on Armbian 22.05.0-trunk with bleeding edge Linux 6.1.11-rockchip64 according to the main boot page in terminal I was in the process of converting an elegoo neptune 4 into a non-neptune version of klipper followed a guide that used a script was on the last step which was to do a system update...and upon reboot, I have no ethernet devices all I see is loopback what do I do to get my hardware ethernet interfaces back? this device does not have a removable SD card, but it does have a serial port... so everything must be done thru command line armbian monoitor.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have used NanoPi M4v2 with "NVMe SSD adapter" (Officially sold by the FriendlyElec). NVMe SSD is detected when I installed ubuntu based kernel 4.4. (FriendlyCore 18.04 or Armbian Bionic desktop based kernal 4.4.y) But When I installed armbian based kernel 5.x, NVMe SSD is not detected. Anyone can advise?
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I use Helios64 from the begin and this board is very unstable according to my experience and many posts here... After many dialogue here and settings shared about Frequency and Governor Kernel... maybe i find the problem and i ask anyone return of experiences about the procedure and setting belong: - Connect USB Wireless Dongle or USB(-c) Ethernet Plug - Configure it - Disconnect all ethernet cable to the board - Use with last time crash configuration and do a endurance test your helios64 board Have a good day
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3k views
-
-
I have a 5B and it came in a kit with the 10.1" touchscreen because I wanted to try to do a kiosk. I used Armbian Lunar rolling to get the OS installed on the emmc but I haven't been able to get the touchscreen working. It uses a breakout board to split the LCD2 connector into two connections on the display (I'm assuming one is touch and one is display) and when it's all plugged together, nothing happens. I've tried enabling and disabling both orangepi5lcd dtds and it doesn't help. When I do a dmesg (regardless of the screen being attached) I have Goodix i2c error for touchscreen@14 I've been doing Rockchip SBCs …
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 10k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I used iperf3 to monitor the LAN perferomance. It seems the LAN Port only runs on 100 Mbit how can I get a 1GBit speed ? Accepted connection from 192.168.xxx.xxx, port 64266 [ 5] local 192.168.xxx.xxx port 5201 connected to 192.168.xxx.xxx port 64267 [ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate [ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 10.7 MBytes 90.1 Mbits/sec [ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 11.3 MBytes 94.8 Mbits/sec [ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 11.3 MBytes 94.7 Mbits/sec [ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 11.3 MBytes 94.9 Mbits/sec [ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 11.3 MBytes 94.8 Mbits/sec [ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 11.3 MBytes 94.7 Mbits/sec [ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 11.…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Not at the time of generation, but Armbian is stuck on reboot, not going to heartbeat led nor getting IP, and does nothing. I have no idea how it is related and what I should do to: - restore boot; - apply a key without ruining the installation. OMV 6.9.11-4 (Shaitan) on Armbian 23.8.1 Bullseye SBC RockPi-4A 4GB RAM with Penta SATA HAT (PCIe to SATA 4-channel for RAID + 1 eSATA). Eugenijus.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Armbians :) Armbian's discontinued support of the NanoPi Neo3 board, hit me very hard. I have operated multiple of these SBCs with Armbian very stable, in different DCs for a long time. Because of the defunctional kernel under Armbian, I was forced to look around for alternatives and only came across Manjaro, DietPi and Friendlyarm published by FriendlyElec themself. Unfortunately I was not happy with Manjaro and Friendlyarm. Dietpi, on the other hand, seems to be doing quite well till now. And most importantly, it doesn't seem to have the kernel/ reboot problem that affected Armbian. But how can that be if it's based on Armbi…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, As stated recently I had setup a Rock5B with Jammy/Mutimedia and had issues with a 2160P / 3840 x 2160 screen. Initially bootup would show a flickering screen. Adding the custom resolutions via cvt/xrandr and setting line in boot env: "exrtaargs-video=HDMI-A-1:3840x2160@60" fixed that issue However the initial login screen and logout screen resulted in a vibrant flickering background . This was on a Sceptre 50" TV and other perihperials would normally work fine. This took a while to figure out because I was confusing my active desktop provider and Gdm was being used: https://askubuntu.com/questions/91…
-
I will show you how I successfully enabled pcie gen2 on my Rock Pi 4b and now my nvme is running at 1.1 GB/s. The solution which you can find on the web to activate pcie gen2 on an Armbian did NOT work for me: sudo nano /boot/armbianEnv.txt and insert: dtoverlay=pcie-gen2 The following solution activated pcie gen2: 0. check your current nvme speed to compare it afterwards with: sudo dd if=/dev/nvme0n1 of=/dev/null bs=1M count=2048 iflag=direct status=progress --> 618 MB/s 1. find out which rk3399-rock-pi-xxx.dtb your Rock Pi 4 is using. cat /boot/armbianEnv.txt | grep fdtfile --&g…
-
Hello guys! I bought https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005005675856892.html. As I know, there is no 3D acceleration in Debian Bookworm. So, my desigion is to install Armbian Jammy Gnome desktop. My questions are: 1) In what moment should I perform trick ? 2) Legacy is the only system I can install, or is it any way to install current system? I wish kernel v6 to be installed, but not the RC kernel. My experience with SMB is Rapberry Pi 3 B and 4 B. I used to install only Raspbian on that boards. Wish me luck guys :-))
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I tried to update my odroidm1 to 23.11.2 (from 23.8.1) by fresh install using Armbian_23.11.2_Odroidm1_bookworm_current_6.1.68 flashed to sdcard but when booting the device (holding recovery button) I see "Gave up waiting for root file system device." The same issue when using the other CLI images flashed to sdcard. Any idea how to fix this? When mounting the sdcard from a ubuntu system the uuid seem to match and the sdcard is mountable.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Upgrading Helios64 from Armbian Buster to Bullseye (see below) works as expected on my system. However, I am using systemd-networkd and just a few services (nextcloud, netatalk, etc. and not ZFS) EDIT: Upgrading Buster installations to Bullseye also works fine if you use network-manager, even if you have a bridge configured (using bridge-slave; binutils-bridge). # cat /etc/os-release PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)" NAME="Debian GNU/Linux" VERSION_ID="11" VERSION="11 (bullseye)" VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye ID=debian HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/" SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support" BUG_REPORT_URL="https…
-
Reputation Points
- 124 replies
- 76.4k views
- 12 followers
-
-
Hi, does anyone know how to get this working please? Thanks.
-
I have a problem on 2 rock-5b boards with emmc drives. on both I am unable to update the distro immediately after the first boot. On the firs SBC upon doing an apt upgrade I get: Setting up perl-base (5.36.0-7+deb12u1) ... (Reading database ... 27044 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../0-perl-modules-5.36_5.36.0-7+deb12u1_all.deb ... Unpacking perl-modules-5.36 (5.36.0-7+deb12u1) over (5.36.0-7) ... dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting: unable to fsync updated status of 'perl-modules-5.36': Input/output error E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2) W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcac…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Hi, I run Armbian Buster 20.11.1 and today, without any important network traffic, eth1 interface has crashed. Here is dmesg : After ifdown & ifup eth1, interface is up again. What's wrong ? I can see driver 2.13 is used, and Realtek has issued a 2.14 version, but only usable up to 5.6 kernel So I can't compile it.
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
i got below command in orangepi official databook, when i do like below, it can't start up(led flashes but nothing in display monitor). Not sure if the armbian supports the "dd" install?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, As far as i know Orange PI 3B using the Rockchip RK3566, is this SOC support graphic acceleration? I am running Armbian 23.8.2 Jammy with bleeding edge Linux 6.5.2-edge-rockchip64, only 1 tab of Chromium with video player but the CPU reached 100% all time
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 11.4k views
-
-
Hi, since latest upgrade to new kernel 22.02 stable the system becomes unstable. There are issues writing to mmc2 and "EXT4-fs (mmcblk2p1): Remounting filesystem read-only". This does not allow most of the apps to work properly (e.g. openmediavault stops working) I tried to switch back to previous kernel version through armbian-config but that does not work too Pls help. Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 11.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Dear to all, I have a Helios64 unit with 2 hdd (both WD60EFRX). I have bought also an external enclousure UGREEN 5 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure ( https://eu.ugreen.com/collections/hard-drive-enclosures/products/ugreen-5-bay-hard-drive-enclosure-5-x-18tb-raid-array-hard-disk-docking-station ) and 2 WD140EDGZ and these 2 hdd are mounted inside UGREEN enclousure because I want format and test it (when all will work fine I'll exchange a WD60EFRX with a WD140EDGZ so the drives inside the enclousure will have a backup scope). The enclousure is powered by external adapter, the system image installed is the Armbian 22.02.1 with Linux kernel 5.15.93-rockchip 64 and openmediavault 6.6…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm working on enabling secure boot on Orange Pi 4B. So far I was able to burn eFuses, sign rk loader, a trust image, and a uboot image. To extend secure boot chain to the Linux Kernel, I've enabled FIT_SIGNATURE in u-boot, and manually built FIT image (Linux Kernel, initramfs(initrd), and a kernel DTB). Now I want to add FIT image creation to the Armbian build system. What is the correct place/script to do it?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
Hello, as said in the title The latest Armbian 23.11 images don't display anything but it seems to start well. Is it possible that this is incompatible with my screen?
-
Hello, The last image for orange pi 5 with kernel 6.7 doesn't contain the overlay rk3588s-orangepi-5b.dtb on /boot/dtb/rockchip. So there is no way to mount the emmc on the orange pi 5B Is it possible to download the binary overlay separatelly? Thank you.
-
Those are developers preview builds, where you can check what works and at some point it will be good enough for some uses cases. In a couple of years, it will be functional on the level of kernel 5.10.y. Download is possible from CI pipeline: https://github.com/armbian/build/releases Boot log: Spoiler [ 0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0000000000 [0x412fd050] [ 0.000000] Linux version 6.1.0-rc1-rockchip64 (root@desktop) (aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 8.3-2019.03 (arm-rel-8.36)) 8.3.0, GNU ld (GNU Toolchain for the A-profile Architecture 8.3-2019.03 (arm-rel-8.36)) 2.…
-
Reputation Points
- 35 replies
- 32.6k views
- 4 followers
-
-
On my NanoPi R6C I downloaded the Armbian 23.11 Bookworm CLI and booted the machine from the SD card. Then I installed gnome and firefox. Most things works so far, but I get no sound over hdmi (there is no headphone jack). The gnome - settings - sound shows only the dummy device. Youtube videos play ok, but somewhat laggy and with very high processor load (all cores close to 100% on the gnome system monitor).
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Hello! On newer kernel (5.10.63+) gpio behaves strangely. Led connected to gpio pin blinking opposide status led. Also it break spi work. armbianmonitor logs https://paste.armbian.com/faqorefumi VID202304051140011.mp4
-
Wich Armbian destop version to use on PI 5b to be able to setup/use onboard wifi and BT ?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Hi, Today i make upgrade to 23.11 armbian on my Helios64. It's in bookworm version (apt source list is good, no change since 23.08) but now it display this: Welcome to Armbian 23.11.1 Buster with Linux 6.1.63-current-rockchip64 No end-user support: community creations & unsupported (buster) userspace! it's a bug? thank have a nice day