Orange Pi 5
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
Orange Pi 5B is NOT supported at this time. Use Stating forums.
292 topics in this forum
-
Rk3588 boards now share the same linuxfamily as rk3568 and rk3566 boards. It means rockchip-rk3588 kernel won't get update longer. Here is some steps for migration: sudo sed -i 's/LINUXFAMILY=rockchip-rk3588/LINUXFAMILY=rk35xx/g' /etc/armbian-release sudo apt update sudo apt install linux-image-legacy-rk35xx linux-dtb-legacy-rk35xx linux-headers-legacy-rk35xx sudo apt remove linux-image-legacy-rockchip-rk3588 linux-dtb-legacy-rockchip-rk3588 linux-headers-legacy-rockchip-rk3588 NOTE: The steps are currently for beta branch only. Don't try on stable branch.
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 36.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have 23.8.1 Jammy installed with kernel 5.10.160 and I'm getting plenty of kernel errors during any video playback, and these also cause the playback to freeze. From my research, these error messages come from librga - which I assume come from the panfork and rockchip repos but I was wondering if anyone has been able to resolve these errors.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Hello, i'm using Armbian 23.11 Jammy-amazingfated Gnome. Kernel 5.10 If to seek a couple of times in h264 1080p BD remux'es it will cause system restart. Any video players are affected. Tried mpv, vlc, kodi and others. Problem affect just h264 1080p remuxes, that typically are 30..40 Gb, smaller h264 or even larger h265 files seem to work fine. I tried fresh install of armbian, where no rkmpp is installed, then h264 files plays/seeks fine, in software mode of course. Once I did sudo update/upgrade, that also installs rkmpp and other rockchip stuff, then videos start to play with rkmpp and problem is back. I've tried disabling hw deco…
-
I originally posted this on reddit after seeing a lot of posts trying to use a SATA M.2 SSD and saying it wouldn't boot with replies telling them to go buy a NVME M.2 SSD which isn't necessary when the board does support SATA M.2 with flashing the correct bootloader. This guide has 3 different sections, 1 being booting with Orange pi OS and 2 being with Armbian OS Orange Pi OS Instructions Download Orange Pi OS Ubuntu or Debian from their website http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/service-and-support/Orange-pi-5.html unzip the 7z file to get the .img file and flash it to your sd card with your preferred flasher i.e balenaetc…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 51.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This guide is specifically for the official orange pi 5 PCIe WiFi 6.0 Module that can be found here although it has been in and out of stock https://a.co/d/bhjoolW It uses the ap6275p chip. The guide will be split into 2 sections depending on what OS you want to use Orange Pi OS 1. install the wifi module into the m.2 slot and boot sd card with either the latest orange pi os ubuntu or debian http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/service-and-support/Orange-pi-5.html 2. edit the boot file to enable wifi by adding overlays=wifi-ap6275p to the end. Note if you already have overlays=<anything> line such as ssd-sa…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 26.2k views
-
-
Kodi on Orange Pi 5 with GPU Hardware Acceleration and HDMI Audio Huge thanks to user @roykon the Armbian forums for the directions on this in their various forum posts and Armbian forum user @amazingfate for maintaining the PPAs and software builds required for GPU acceleration. I have simply listed below, for the reference of others, the minimum Steps used to get Kodi running with GPU hardware acceleration (for x264/x265 decode) plus HDR auto switching and with HDMI Audio output*. (I am using the Orange Pi 5 with a Samsung 4K TV) *No instructions added yet for enabling HDMI passthrough. ** No instructions added yet for enabling HDMI CEC. …
-
Reputation Points
- 210 replies
- 181.2k views
- 9 followers
-
-
I have seen the uefi port for Rock 5B, which uses rk3588. seed this the opi5 use rk3588s which may lack some IOs, so I think maybe it can work on opi5 without modification. (actually i don't know how to modify to fit for it, need to learn) here i show you the result, I burn the uefi image (complied from balbes150's repo: https://github.com/150balbes/edk2_uefi ) to a tf card, then burn the image from balbes150's post to a usb portable ssd. then i change the dtb. The efi and grub can boot form tf card and then load the image from my usb ssd. successfully enter the Armbian and seems no big issues. But this can only work on the 2 type-A usb3.0, i try on usb2.…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 14.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been trying to implement traffic shaping using tc. But it seems that ingress is not working. I am running Armbian Minimal Server on Orange Pi 5. Running this command: tc qdisc add dev eth0 ingress Will throw an error: Error: Specified qdisc kind is unknown. This has been working for orange pi pc/one armbian. Does the ingress module missing from this build? Can anyone point me to the right direction. Thanks.
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I am running an Orange Pi 5 board with Armbian on a SD Card and I realized that my /var/log path is constantly full, with it being at /dev/zram1 It gets full at 50Mb with the file /var/log/samba/cores/smbd/core taking up all the space I have not managed to read this file, so I can't tell what kinds of errors are showing up. My OpenMediaVault and samba setup are running perfectly fine, and even though I delete this core file, it shows up again during reboot. I have tried to set enable core files = no in smb.conf With no sucess. The file continues to show up during reboot. Any ideas how to solve this? …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 8.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have edge kernel installed and working. I compiled the v4l2 ffmpeg but some of my av1 videos are not working. After some digging I noticed that v4l2-ctl --device=/dev/video4 --list-formats-ext ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT Type: Video Capture Multiplanar [0]: 'VT12' (Y/UV 4:2:0 (4x4 Linear)) [1]: 'NV12' (Y/UV 4:2:0) Shouldn't this include the 10 bit formats as well? (NV15?) Does anyone know why the 10 bit format is missing in the kernel? Is this specific to the orange pi? I found this GitHub - dongioia/rock5bplus-rkvdec2: Rock 5B+ (RK3588) on mainline Linux 7.1: V4L2 stateless RKVDEC2/Hantro hardware video decode (…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi friends, I have one nagging thorn in my side that I just cannot figure out. I need someone who has a 1password account for help with this one. The problem - their desktop app and browser plugin work in tandem -- and it will not synchronize on Armbian for some reason. I've tried everything I can think of - ensuring nothing is downloaded from Flatpak and therefore sandboxed and preventing any connectivity issues. But still not working. If someone can take 5 mins and create a free trial account on 1password, then here are the steps to reproduce: Download the latest arm64 version of 1password Desktop: curl -sSO https://downloads.…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just upgraded to Arabian 24.5.1 using `apt-get upgrade` and now I cannot load ip_tables: # modprobe ip_tables modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'ip_tables': Exec format error I’m not sure what to make of it.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
VERSION=24.8.4 REVISION=24.8.4 Problems: No display. (access only via SSH) CIFS mounts fail Lots of dmesg messages similar to: ... [ 6.421534] rtk_btusb: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... [ 6.504179] uio: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... [ 376.377046] ipv6: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... [ 379.869911] cifs_md4: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout ... Is this problem known about?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've trouble getting 3840x2160 resolution to work. When I try to switch to that resolution the monitor says resolution is 3848x2160 and display is all garbled. 2560x1440 works fine. Also, If I try to login to Gnome (Wayland) I get blank screen and I'm back at the login screen. X11 lets me login to the system. uname -a: Linux lindon 5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 #trunk.0184 SMP Fri Jan 20 18:24:04 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux I've fetched the latest updates (apt update && apt upgrade) and I've just ran firmware update using armbian-config. Edit: display is connected via usb-c - - > displayport cable.
-
Only sharing what I managed to make working on the Orange Pi5: a Tvheadend server with satellite cards TBS 5527 and TBS 5520se. The rough path I followed: - recompiled the kernel in order to have "Linux tv" as a module (CCONFIG_DVB_CORE=m). This will be replaced by the tbs driver in next steps. - installed TVheadend from the armbian-config - compiled tbs drivers by following standards instructions....but: - had to add a CFGLAGS += -w to avoid some warning stopping the build (Makefile in the v4l directory) - had to disable the creation of the mc.ko (MEDIA_CONTROL) to avoid conflict with kernel built-in module (n…
-
Hi, After bleeding edge 6.8 or so, I lost HDMI output. Does anyone run the recent kernels with HDMI? Which ? The 6.1.75 kernel has HDMI, but a lacks Mt7961 wifi, and changing keyboard does not work, which probably is my lack of understanding of wayland. Gullik PS the HDMI issue might be a resolution thing, unfortunately I use an old TV ( 1920x1024)
-
Someone asked in a different thread how I got Dolphin to run so thought I'd start a thread so not to pollute the other one. Basically it wasn't that hard especially if youve done some git'hubbing before. I think I followed the 'Ubuntu' instructions here. Make sure you get the dependencies and do all the steps correctly. It should build without problems if you do. (remember you have a lot of cores on Opi5 so can use 'make -j6' or even higher) https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/wiki/Building-for-Linux You then want to set a config flag to make Dolphin use GLES instead of big brother OpenGL. (you probably wa…
-
I'm looking to try an OPi5 for GPGPU. After seeing trunk recently added the patches needed to use the "gofaster" option for panfork, and having seen reports of glmark2 scores of 4000 and 5000 while never coming close to that myself, I decided to pull together the various bits of info out there and just try all of the options. A number of things done below are often described vaguely -- hopefully it's helpful here to lay out a concrete set of steps to follow and what to expect. There are two options for accelerated video: panfork and ARM's closed source "blob" driver. With either option, it sounds like you should switch from X11 to Wayland. If you are looking a…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 38.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I built apt packages for the OPI 5 wiring pi and have them hosted in lauchpad https://launchpad.net/~erik1220/+archive/ubuntu/wiringpi-opi Any way to contribute them to the official build? Btw apt-add-repository is broken on 25.8 - I assume it is a side effect of python 3.11... seen similar errors on ubuntu
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! Does anyone, and by anyone I probably really mean @balbes150 :D, know what I need to do when building official Mesa for it to be recognized in the experimental 6.x kernel environment? There's a panfrost focused dev/staging branch that the panfrost devs are using that I would love to try and be able to build for OPi5 but when I do it I always just get llvm. balbes, you are managing to get the GPU recognized would you be able to share how that's done in the building? I'm not asking for you to provide a build I would just love to know how you do it so I can as well and test the new versions as they happen. This is the branch and commits…
-
I'm using the ps2 emulator and when I try to run a game I get an error message "OpenGL is not supported. Only OpenGL 3.0 was found" I'm using the version "Armbian 23.02 Jammy Gnome"
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
What do I need to do to fix this error? Here is some information: root@orangepi5 ~# lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS Release: 22.04 Codename: jammy root@orangepi5 ~# root@orangepi5 ~# uname -a Linux orangepi5 5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 #23.02.2 SMP Fri Feb 17 23:59:20 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux root@orangepi5 ~# root@orangepi5 ~# apt install -y bpfcc-tools libbpfcc-dev python3-bpfcc libbpfcc Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done The following additional packages will be installed: ieee-data libclang-cpp11 libllvm11 python3-n…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I recently got my hands on a used unit of those, quite faster than my old SBC! Only issue I currently have is that I can't seem to get audio output on the 3.5mm jack. (Well the other issue is unrelated .. ) Anyone have an idea on what I should be hunting? I did the obvious cable, etc.. checks. There's always the possibility that it's damaged, hell if I know. Armbian 25.2.1 6.1 kernel KDE Neon (Why use a beta version btw? just wondering) Thanks! DW.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello! Has anyone tried to play straight unconverted hevc video from a GoPro 11? Iv'e tried ffplay and gst-play but I'm just getting a static image and a bunch of these errors, [swscaler @ 0x7f49d399c0] [swscaler @ 0x7f49d47a50] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly I have successfully played example jellyfish videos of hevc and hevc 10bit formats, ffmpeg reports the following details from the GoPro footage, Stream #0:0[0x1](eng): Video: hevc (Main) (hvc1 / 0x31637668), yuvj420p(pc, bt709), 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 119725 kb/s, 119.88 fps, 119.88 tbr, 120k tbn (default) …
-
The overlay for the ap6275p seems to be missing in the new fresh 6.10 images. Haven't tried to compile a custom image yet (so might just be disabled in current build), but how could I help to bring this overlay to the official image?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I tried both the 6.8.10 and 6.1.43 releases from CI pipeline and none of these has the ap6275p wifi option in the armbian-config tool. There was a previous post that mentioned that the module got merged for the new kernels but is there an ETA to have this one in the CI releases? I'm curious to try vlc but haven't been able to install that one yet with the new releases.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
For some odd unknown reason. I can not get the following installed and running. (using official os for Opi5) 1- A virtual machine running on armbian. 2- Dolphin emu 3- Waydroid Thx, vandyman
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Please advise on how to fix this, thanks: Setting up rockchip-multimedia-config (1.0.2+jammy) ... dpkg-query: error: --listfiles needs at least one package name argument Use --help for help about querying packages. dpkg: error processing package rockchip-multimedia-config (--configure): installed rockchip-multimedia-config package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1 Errors were encountered while processing: rockchip-multimedia-config E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. By updating the system today caused the hardware acceleration to fail. Start-Date: 2023-08-04 12:26:33 Commandline: apt upgrade Upgrade: armbian-jammy-desktop-gnome:arm64 (23.02.2, 23.08.0-trunk--1-Vf900-B4c8e), system-monitoring-center:arm64 (1.43.9, 1.43.10), ufw:arm64 (0.36.1-4build1, 0.36.1-4ubuntu0.1), libmutter-10-0:arm64 (42.9-0ubuntu1, 42.9-0ubuntu4), libpoppler-cpp0v5:arm64 (22.02.0-2ubuntu0.1, 22.02.0-2ubuntu0.2), mutter-common:arm64 (42.9-0ubuntu1, 42.9-0ubuntu4), poppler-utils:arm64 (22.02.0-2ubuntu0.1, 22.02.0-2ubuntu0.2), libpoppler-glib8:arm64 (22.02.0-2ubuntu0.1, 22.02.0-2ubuntu0.2), gir1.2-mutter-10:arm64 (42.9-0ubu…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was running on Armbian_23.02.0-trunk.0112_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.110_cinnamon_desktop. For the most part, it worked but the mouse cursor would randomly disappear while remaining functional but invisible. I tried to upgrade using apt-get update and apt-get full-upgrade and after a reboot, it now just displays a flashing underscore. I can SSH into the OS so it's partially functional. Shows as Armbian 23.02.2 Jammy with Linux 5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 Contents of boot.log: ------------ Mon Feb 27 07:24:15 PST 2023 ------------ done. Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. Begin: Running…
-
I decided to try the new Armbian 23.02 Jammy Gnome build and after booting with my SD card, the process gets to a point where it presents a prompt orangepi5 login: and whatever I attempt to enter returns as an incorrect login. I can't find any specific documentation which indicates the default login credentials for this build.
-
flashed to m2 mvme, board attempts to boot , then after armbian logo it falls into busybox command prompt (
-
I updated to Armbian 26.2.1 on OPi5, and it can't boot from MTD (rootfs at NVMe), and I have to use SD card to boot to NVMe as workaround. After looking into this issue, I found rkspi_loader.img is no longer available for current (6.18.8 kernel) u-boot pkg and armbian-config flashes u-boot-rockchip-spi.bin ( or similar sata version) to /dev/mtdblock0 and I think this is wrong image for MTD bootloader. If I use older vendor image, which u-boot pkg has rkspi_loader.img, system can boot to NVMe rootfs and I notice that /dev/mtdblock0 has several gpt partitions including u-boot one, and flashing u-boot-rockchip-spi.bin erases partitions in SPI flash. I…
-
Reputation Points
- 27 replies
- 10.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Got quite excited seen that the wifi driver is finally available and was going to test the browser and graphic acceleration in the current kernel but I flashed 3 times the Desktop image with Gnome/Current 6.18.33 and it did not boot. Is there possibly an issue with u-boot?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
``` May 21 21:53:26 rpc.idmapd[21345]: main: fcntl(/run/rpc_pipefs/nfs): Invalid argument May 21 21:53:26 systemd[1]: nfs-idmapd.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE ``` The rpc.idmapd version in Debian is still ancient (as with many things in debian) and still requires dnotify but the armbian kernel for the orange pi 5 build ``` $ grep -i dnotify /boot/config-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 # CONFIG_DNOTIFY is not set ``` It looks like bookworm will likely fix this when it's out, so maybe the right thing to do is simply move to bookworm asap but this does prevent the ability to fully support nfsv4 with…
-
with clean install of armbian plus those 4 lines to install hardware acceleration glmark2-es2 gives score of about 800-900, about less then 25% of performance opi5 is capable. is it possible to raise that a bit, not all the way but just a bit more without instaling gnome or wayland, just to keep armbian as clean as its possible. as it is, its stable but barely(they do run) able to run 4k youtube oe 4k mkv, as soon as there is gnome and wayland it starts to crash, joshua rieks version, monka, armbian with all the drivers, any i tried it would crash eventualy.
-
I did a fresh install of armbian jammy 23.5 cli on my orangepi 5 (I previously used 22.11 and 23.02), and I cannot reboot. "sudo reboot" just hangs the system. Not really a big deal, just somewhat annoying, because previous versions runs fine. Anybody else experiencing the same problem? "armbianmonitor -U" output is attached. armbianu.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This image works OK, and we now have both a 6.7 kernel AND graphics. Minor issues: EzCast stupid windows Wifi adapter does not plug and play. The vertical USB port does not sense plugging in a device (Wifi) Good work, Gullik
-
Hi everyone and thank you in advance for your support! Long story short my system is in Read only mode after a reboot and I don't know what caused it. Some useful info before the reboot: I've been trying to install a RAID1 configuration so at certain point I did sudo update-initramfs -u I have manually updated and upgraded (only busybox was upgraded) with sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade If you need any other info let me know! EDIT: I found out that I'm able to manually mount the root partition, but the problem persist after each reboot. I then added the follong to /boot/armbianEnv.txt extraargs=fsck.…
-
$ neofetch ubuntu@orangepi5 ---------------- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ OS: Armbian (23.11.0-trunk.145) aarch64 ███████████████████████ Host: Orange Pi 5 ▄▄██ ██▄▄ Kernel: 6.6.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 ▄▄██ ███████████ ██▄▄ Uptime: 4 mins ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Packages: 427 (dpkg) ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Shell: bash 5.2.15 ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Terminal: /dev/pts/0 ▄▄██ █████████████ ██▄▄ CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Memory: 196MiB / 15718MiB ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ ▄▄██ …
-
On an orangepi 5 this image failed to post. Armbian_25.8.2_Orangepi5_noble_vendor_6.1.115.img.xz worked just fine via balena etcher and booting from a nvme.
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 3.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I am waiting on my opi5 but was already investigating how to run Roblox (an x86 32 bit Windows game) on it. Grapejuice + box86 + wine could do the trick and saw this interesting script: https://github.com/NicoD-SBC/armbian-gaming Will this be working for opi5 too or is it specific to rk3399 (saw that in some compiler flags)? Anybody experience or an updated installer script? Related info: This YouTube channel covers examples of running games on rk3588 (rock5b) making me believe performance could be quite good: https://youtube.com/@TheByteman
-
Hello, finally I have time to play with my OPI5, first thing I tried is to install on USB-C, but the port doesn't seem to work. Then I tried to install using USB3 port, on a ssd drive. The armbian-install utility seems to do the job and after installing the bootloader on mtdblock0 I powered off. At reboot everything is like before: if I remove the sd card the systen won't boot. If I boot with the sd card inserted the root partition is on /dev/mmcblk0p2 First thing that came into my mind is to mount SPI and check if bootloader is ok, but I'm unable to mount it: ~# mount /dev/mtdblock0 /mnt/spi mount: /mnt/spi: wrong fs type, bad optio…
-
For a fresh install of the latest desktop version for OrangePi5 I cannot get the system to run from NVME which is a Samsung 960 Pro. It gets stuck on the spinner at boot for the first-time boot after NVME using SD - NVME in armbian-installer. Any suggestions...
-
How can I recover from this? I haven't rebooted: _ _ _ /_\ _ _ _ __ | |__(_)__ _ _ _ / _ \| '_| ' \| '_ \ / _` | ' \ /_/ \_\_| |_|_|_|_.__/_\__,_|_||_| v24.8.4 for Orange Pi 5 running Armbian Linux 6.10.6-current-rockchip-rk3588 Packages: Debian stable (bookworm) IP addresses: (LAN) 192.168.1.2 10.8.0.1 (WAN) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Performance: Load: 1% Up time: 21 days 23:00 Memory usage: 10% of 15.35G CPU temp: 41°C Usage of /: 21% of 233G Tips: Support our work and become a sponsor https://github.com/sponsors/armbian Commands: System config : sudo armbian-config System…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 9.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Has anyone run a comparison benchmark of Armbian vs. the Orange pi versions of Debian and Ubuntu? ...Curious to see the results of optimizations.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hai, im planning to upgrade my local media server to use an external hard drive attached using hard drive docking on USB 3.0 what I'm confused about is. what is the best FileSystem format for my hard drive? I'm not planning to unmount and use the hard drive to another PC (for example: windows PC) So I'm ready to format it with FileSystem that fully optimizes on Linux (I'm using armbian noble) so ext4 or xfs? I hear xfs is better for copying large file sizes. my casual use is downloading movies, and watching it on jellyfin. or maybe I'm just using ext4?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been trying to configure the HDMI screen I purchased for the orange pi 5. It's listed to work with the raspberry pi so I figured it should work with the orange pi 5 as well. When I connect the screen, the screen just turns white. These instructions were included in the manual to configure the usage of the screen with the raspberry pi, but I am not familiar with how to translate the configuration into armbian. Write the image to the TF card, then modify the following configuration in config.txt: # uncomment to force a specific HDMI mode (this will force VGA) hdmi_group=2 hdmi_mode=87 hdmi_cvt 1024 600 60 6 0 0 0 # unc…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 19.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi! I'm using armbian Jammy on my orange pi 5 with installed xfce desktop. I'm trying to connect it to a small HDMI screen and it doesn't work. It shows "no signal". I tried to use another screen (different model, resolution, manufacturer etc.) and it works. Then I tried to use non working screen with jetson nano and it works without any actions. So, the problem is with orange pi with armbian and this specific screen. Here is the result of "xrandr -display :0" launched trough ssh: Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 600, maximum 16384 x 16384 HDMI-1 connected primary 1024x600+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 476mm x 268mm 1024…
-
Hello ! Not found any devices How to make it work? hciconfig -a hci0: Type: Primary Bus: USB BD Address: E8:48:B8:C8:20:00 ACL MTU: 1021:6 SCO MTU: 255:12 UP RUNNING PSCAN RX bytes:1537 acl:0 sco:0 events:148 errors:0 TX bytes:3430 acl:0 sco:0 commands:136 errors:0 Features: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xfe 0xdb 0xfd 0x7b 0x87 Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3 Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK Link mode: PERIPHERAL ACCEPT Name: 'orangepi5' Class: 0x000000 Service Classes: Unspecified Device Class: Misce…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I have noticed that whenever I reboot my Orange Pi 5 board, all the 8 cpus slow down to 408 Mhz with no range, as stated by cpufreq-info: I have created a cronjob script in order to bring the frequency back to acceptable range. I don't even know if this is the correct way to solve this, but I am running the following: echo performance | sudo tee /sys/devices/platform/dmc/devfreq/dmc/governor cpufreq-set -c 0 -u 1800000 cpufreq-set -c 4 -u 2260000 cpufreq-set -c 6 -u 2300000 cpufreq-set -c 0 -g schedutil cpufreq-set -c 4 -g schedutil cpufreq-set -c 6 -g schedutil However, even though I set the frequency for processo…
-
Guys, i'm new. I enabled the sata module in armbian-config then i did sudo dd bs=1M if=/path/your/armbian.img of=/dev/sda status=progress && sudo sync overlays=opi5-sata is in mnt/boot/armbianEnv.txt Without the sd, the orangepi boots in initramfs. I've added a screenshot with the shell output on hdmi. I can boot from SD but that's not what i need. Any thoughts whats going on?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
So a clean install of "Armbian 25.2.1 Noble Gnome" with the vendor kernel (6.1.99) fails to boot when installed on an nvme SSDwith the armbian-install script, when btrfs is chosen as the partition type. I am not sure if the files are copied over correctly, since the ~6GB image on the SD card is copied as 2.9GB on the btrfs partition, but there are no errors occuring as far as I can see. The bootloader is up-to-date, and I can access the btrfs drive when booted from the SD card, so the kernel supports btrfs I guess? However, I think there are some things going "wrong", since the armbianEnv.txt file on the nvme SSD has ext4 instead of btrfs as the ro…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 4.3k views
-
-
i was not able to build RTL8821CU driver, keep getting the following error : /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-ld: drivers/net/wireless/rtl8811cu/core/crypto/aes-internal-enc.o: in function `aes_encrypt': aes-internal-enc.c:(.text+0x74): multiple definition of `aes_encrypt'; lib/crypto/aes.o:(.text+0x7c4): first defined here make: *** [Makefile:1286: vmlinux] Error 1 There seems to be a duplicate implementation of aes_encrypt function between rtl8811cu source code and linux_rockchip64 kernel source code which blocking the armbian build. any suggestion how to fix this ?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
In the original PR for Orange PI 5 I recall someone mentioned that the Jammy had somekind of glitch with USB on the OPI5 but is that still the case? From the threads here, it looks like the distribution has many patches and fixes. Is Bullseye the recommended distribution?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 8.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello!! I got Dolphin running under Armbian and it seems its mainly GPU bound for the games that Iv'e tested. I am aware that the Panfrost drivers are not optimal but I thought I'd like to try and squeeze a few extra fps out of this setup by overclocking the GPU if that's possible. Is it? And does anyone know how I can do that? Cheers!
-
So recently I flashed Orange Pi OS to SD card, booted from there, updated system, firmware and flashed bootloader to SPI flash. I already had an external HDD with Armbian flashed, and tried to boot from there, but no luck. Afterwards, I tried to boot Armbian from SD card, but I can't boot any system that is not Orange Pi OS (and especifically, it needs to be from SD card, can't also boot from USB even in OPi OS). Tried with different SD cards and USB devices, no luck I believe I need to erase SPI flash in order to boot from SD again, but, how can I do it? Used latest OrangePi OS and Armbian Jammy CLI from 23/01 (stable release)
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 9.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I'm using Ubuntu noble lts with kernel 6.1 it appears. I've enabled the orangepi-5-sata overlay. In the photos I have showed how I've connected it. When plugging in the pi with my official 5v 4a usbc charger, the adapter lights up for awhile. I'm not sure if it needs to stay on. I then check fdisk -l and nothing new appears. This drive works if I put the sata to usb connector on it and plug it in - so it's not the drive.
-
as the title says i used latest build of armbian cinamon for opi5 and i am tryin to set thing up but chromium is basicaly useless since its reset everytime its closed. i had older armbian build on ssd and after few updates chromium started doing same thing so i guess its not the armbian but some fail within chromium? anyone knows whats wrong with it or how to fix it? so what i mean by useless is it doesnt remeber any logins or passwords so if i open it 100 times i have to login 100 times. thanks for any help
-
Hello OPI5 users. Running Joshua Riek's Ubuntu distro, I keep getting stability issues. Perhaps because I keep using Xorg. Perhaps because hardware acceleration is buggy. In the past I used super stable Armbian OPI5 distro's without hardware acceleration. Infact I still use Armbian on another RK3588 box, I don't think it has EVER crashed, running docker, Mosquito, HomeAssistant, and a buch of other things. Now that my Orange Pi 5 gets a slightly more serious use as webserver, I really like to get rid of the unpredictable Xorg crashes, and gladly would sacrifice HW acceleration for stability. My situation is this: Using JR Ubuntu Because I …
-
I am after compiling a module for a wireless card. I got plenty of errors, thus decided to go to the basis and test the creation of a "hello" module. I am using the image: Armbian_22.11.4_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.110_xfce_desktop.img vi hello.c ------------------------------------------------- #include <linux/init.h> #include <linux/module.h> static int hello_init(void) { printk("Hello Orange Pi -- init\n"); return 0; } static void hello_exit(void) { printk("Hello Orange Pi -- exit\n"); return; } module_init(hello_init); module_exit(hello_exit); MODULE_LICENSE("GPL"); ------------------------------…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Was using my Orange Pi 5 and it rebooted on it's own. After that, it continually reboots. Been running fine for months. Tried restarting a few times. Tried swapping SD cards. It looks like the power supply is OK, although I'll try swapping with another. I had just backed up the SD Card too. I'll try re-imaging an SD card, but I'm thinking the SD card may not be the issue. I hooked up my UART and captured output. At the end of each loop, it looks like it's saying "Starting Kernel" and then restarting. Captured output follows. Any ideas, suggestions or comments on what's happening. I'm thinking it's probably a hardware issue. I …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone, I recently installed my orangePi 5 to pass workload from my x86 servers over to the orangePi. My main focus is to reduce my overall energy consumption of my homelab. TL;DR Kernel thinks, that while being idle the sweet spot for the frequencies in "ondemand" and "schedutil" is: 1024MHz on the small chips (CPU0-3) 816MHZ on the big chips (CPU4+5, CPU6+7) Reason is an internal cost calculation power vs. frequency gain, which sorts out the lower frequencies. Long story: After getting my first orangePi5 in place, I started to play around with the hardware. I am running: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have an Orange Pi 5 running Armbian Noble and I need a distribution that supports USB OTG in peripheral mode and supports dcw3_generic kernel module. I've tried to compile one with support, but I keep getting: modprobe: FATAL: Module dwc3_generic not found in directory /lib/modules/6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx I triple checked .config and the appropriate flags are set to Y. I am trying to get the Pi to act as a mouse attached to another machine's USB port. Any help is greatly appreciated.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
For a few weeks I've been using the latest official release from May 26, 2025, running just fine from my NVME drive. But then I turned it on and at the screen where you get the Amrbian grey/red logo in the middle of the screen and the spinning circle, it went no further. The spinning circle would either stop rotating or disappear after a minute or so. I can SSH into the device. But when I use remote desktop from a Windows PC, the full and functioning desktop is there. It's just not on my TV screen any more. I've done the usual HDMI cable testing and powering off the TV completely, but no change. The fact that the…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi friends, back to the Gnome version which works incredibly well It works so well that I put my big desktop tower away and have been getting by strictly on this Armbian Gnome environment. I will be donating to Armbian soon However, I am curious, does anybody know how to fix the resume from suspend? For me, the computer goes into suspend mode just fine, but when I tap a keyboard key, the LED's will light on the keyboard indicating they have power, but the system never comes back. If I press the power button on the Orange Pi 5 itself, the system resumes perfectly -- no crashes, everything works as intended I just need it to …
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I have the board connected by HDMI to a TV but when I start I have no sound, I have to go to the speaker icon, configuration and the option is always selected "Speakers - internal audio" but if I want to have sound I have to choose the output option "Analogic ouput- internal audio" and if I restart I have to do the process again. According to the fine adjustment guide of ARMBIAN I must execute the command pacmd list-sinks | less And should be marked with * the selected card but none appears with that symbol. I attach the terminal output after selecting the right output on the desktop to have sound to see if someone is so kind to help me solve my problem. Thanks a…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm looking for information about the Ethernet chip on the Orange Pi 5. I need an SBC that has PTP hardware timestamp support (IEEE 1588). According to OrangePi.org, the Orange Pi 5 has the Motorcomm YT8531C, but I have not been able to find documentation that provides the answer about hardware PTP support. Most likely it does not, but I'd like to confirm on an actual device before purchasing one. If you have an Orange Pi 5, you can test this with this command: ls /sys/class/net |xargs -n1 ethtool -T If there is someone that is willing to run this command and post the output, I would appreciate it very much. Note: This is a cross-post from iot.stack…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, sorry for my English. I have an Orange Pi 5 8gb and a 512gb nvme SSD. I would like to use it to install 2 operating systems (Android 12 + Batocera). This way, when starting the orange pi, it asks which operating system I want to start on. Is this possible?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.3k views
-
-
I purchased this board to use as a gaming station and, among the options, I'm using moonlight with sunshine to stream my steam to the room, which is working wonderfully well, but I'm having a problem. When pairing the control with Armbian, it is recognized as a joystick but I cannot use it in any way. I have two Sony Dualsense joysticks, I tested them both with cable and Bluetooth and the problem is the same. Can anyone guide me where I can start to debug the problem? NOTE: I borrowed an IPEGA joystick and it worked normally. [ 1107.997887] playstation 0005:054C:0CE6.0007: unknown main item tag 0x0 [ 1107.998309] playstation 0005:054C:0CE6.0007: hidra…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
How do I get DVB drivers to work. I have a Technotrend TT Connect S2-3650-CI. All DVB drivers are missing
-
Hello Is it possible to install emby server in Orange Pi5? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have tried to activate CANBUS using "armbian-config", but it does not appear in /dev/, neither with i2c
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 10.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
404 when trying to download SHA on this link:
-
I am trying to compile the Kernel on my PC with the Ubuntu recommended version. I get the error below: arch/arm/dts/rk3128-evb.dtb: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): Relying on default #address-cells value for /syscon@20008000/usb2-phy@17c arch/arm/dts/rk3128-evb.dtb: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): Relying on default #size-cells value for /syscon@20008000/usb2-phy@17c FATAL ERROR: Couldn't open "./u-boot.dtb": No such file or directory ./tools/mkimage: Can't read u-boot.itb.tmp: Invalid argument make: *** [Makefile:1053: u-boot.itb] Error 255 Any idea what this could be? It is the first time I am running ./.compile.sh potential…
-
I'm getting the following errors when trying to upgrade rob@orangepi5:~$ uname -a Linux orangepi5 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Wed Aug 21 11:45:59 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux rob@orangepi5:~$ sudo apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these. The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi5 : Depends: armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi5-current (= 24.8.2) but it is not installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution). rob@orangepi5:~$ sudo apt --fix-broken install …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.140ubuntu13.1) ... ln: failed to create hard link '/boot/initrd.img-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588.dpkg-bak' => '/boot/initrd.img-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588': Operation not permitted update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 update-initramfs: Converting to u-boot format I am getting this error every time I do an apt upgarde. I am running on a 256Gb NVME drive and booting off of it with no problems. So does this error mean it's not actually updating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.110-rockchip-rk3588 ? The third line there makes me think that it just fails with the hard link and then generates the…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
and, BTW, this will probably work on any SBC that has pwm and working port of wiringPi (wiringOP is much simpler than the dtbo method, IMO) WHY: I don't like fans that run full speed ALL the time pwm fans are a bit limited on the ground in small size, and expensive The SBC has pwm pins, so why not use them none of the examples I have found are adequate, either gpio off/full or excessive python scripts, 40 lines or more,, the bash script is ~ 10 lines Some of the wiringOP/gpio packages don't work (ubuntu-full desktop) try the commands in rc.local, if they don't work, then,,, dpkg -l |grep wiring; apt remove ..... git clone https://github.com/orangepi-x…
-
Hi, Thank you for maintaining this excellent distribution, I have tried out this evening, via SD card, the new Armbian 23.11 Bookworm CLI Kernel 6.7 and I wanted to share some feedback on it along with some queries please: 1) HDMI works connected to my 4K Samsung TV, although I had to turn off "Input Signal Plus" for it to display the console correctly, otherwise there were all manner of green rectangles and other screen corruption present. Turning off "Input Signal Plus" fixed this straight away. 2) I cannot access either of the SSDs I have connected to my powered USB 3 hub. I tried with the hub connected to the USB-C port …
-
Reputation Points
- 47 replies
- 20.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I only have options 1,4,5,7 on my nand-sata-install utility and can only boot from a single armbian microsd card but no other. /dev/mtdblock0 shows no files. Everything has been fine till now! Would love some help. Thanks
-
What? Sharing various gaming experiences with RK3588 (Orange Pi 5) on Armbian. Why? Because RK3588 is a capable gaming chipset, Armbian is a good OS; Vulkan on RK3588 is getting better over time (PanVk) How? Posting your gaming results here (preferably with setup and screenshots/videos) so people can learn more.
-
Reputation Points
- 197 replies
- 79.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello! I installed the latest Gnome Noble image from the very top of the Orange Pi 5 page, it has Wayland and generally is working really well - it even is doing higher refresh rate for my monitor and is smooth! HOWEVER the one big thing I noticed right away - my screen never turns off anymore And my Power options are missing such settings? It only gives the option to blank, which still is running my monitor at 100% brightness and a horrible solution Where is the setting to turn my screen off after 5 minutes? NOT blank, but into standby mode Worked on the previous Cinnamon version but that version lacked higher refresh rates and I think…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I'm running the NAS on Orange PI 5. I've run Armbian with EDK2 from https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/5900. The system starts from SSD disk connected via PCIE card with 4 SATA ports. I wanted to run simple fan control via GPIO, but setting the value 1 or 0 on GPIO has no effect and the multimeter connected to GPIO always shows 2.85V. How I did it. I installed wiringOP as the manual says. I selected GPIO 0 and entered the commands gpio mode 0 out gpio write 0 0 I connected a multimeter to GPIO 0 but it always shows 2.85V when I did gpio write 0 1 the multimeter also shows 2.85V gpio readall shows 1 in column V when "gpio write 0 1" com…
-
Has anyone tried GPIO access on the latest armbian? I noticed that the custom wiringPi https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/wiringOP.git doesn't compile on armbian. It is missing GPIO constants.
-
Has anyone found a working gpiolib implementation for Armbian on Orange Pi 5? I'm aware of wiringPi and it sort of works. However, being able to use the "real stuff" so to speak would make my life easier.
-
Hi everyone, Has anyone been able to get gpu hardware acceleration to do encoding/decoding on Jellyfin on the orange pi 5? Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have issues enabling hardware acceleration on Debian CLI, anyone had same problem? can someone give a tutorial?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 2.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm really struggling to get chromium to work correctly with hardware acceleration. 1) I have custom kernel image from master branch last week. Which maybe could cause some issues? 2) I added the two repos (panfork and mesa) sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia 3) I've ran all the updates 4) I installed ubuntu desktop to enable Wayland which is working nicely 5) I've added the HDMI audio output 6) My default chromium configuration does already have the egl enabled. When I start Chromium, I get the following errors 39610:39643:0125/091804.694008:ERR…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 31.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone Just would like to start a discussion about the current state of video acceleration (decoding only, h.265/h.264/av1). The soc (rk3588) recently got mainline support for these features in 7.0: https://gitlab.collabora.com/hardware-enablement/rockchip-3588/notes-for-rockchip-3588/-/blob/main/mainline-status.md Has anyone tested this on a OPI5 already, especially using Kodi? Does this work ootb there now? Regards, XXXBold
-
Reputation Points
- 26 replies
- 8.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Yeah so just like the title says, has anyone got a tip for a USB Bluetooth dongle that works with the mainline kernel? I got a UGREEN Bluetooth 5.0 dongle a while ago and have just tried again, installing firmware for it. It does get detected as a USB device and the firmware loads. But bluetoothctl never finds it. Gnome doesn't let me 'enable' bluetooth. I'd like to avoid buying a string of these so was just wondering if any are working with mainline? Cheers!
-
I have an Orange Pi 5 board, installed with the 25.8 Debian Bookworm + Cinnamon desktop system. I have switched (using armbian-config) to the edge kernel in order to test the HDMI audio support in the new Linux kernel, but I'm not getting any audio out. The ALSA HDMI card seems to be present (see below), but there's no sound using speaker-test or aplay. I have enabled the hdmirx overlay through armbian-config also, but the result is the same. Is there anything extra that should be configured in order to get audio output ? Output from armbianmonitor - https://paste.armbian.com/gegorimako
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 10.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
My current TV doesn't have CEC but I'm planning to replace it with something that has CEC support and would really like to automate the on/off thing... Is cec-utils supported or is there an alternate kernel API?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
We have tried to connect the MIPI DSI 10.1 inch OPI Display. It is working fine alone but when we tried to connect another display with the HDMI. we expect it to work as our 2nd display but it did'nt work unless i disable the MIPI display from the OPI Config.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
-
-
Hi there Suddenly HDMI output stopped working on my orange Py 5. I've been using the board with an external monitor for a month but on the next boot HDMI connection disappeared. external display using type-c output works fine; I've already tried several HDMI cables and monitors - no results; no visual damages detected on the board; flashing image doesn't help; The system is Armbian 24.2.1 jammy OS with GNOME version 42.9. Any ideas what next steps should I do to find out whats happen?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Before writing I searched the forum a bit but couldn't find any recent posts about it. I have an OPI5 board and on NVME I would like to install armbian. I downloaded the image to micro sd and it boots fine. At this point I don't know what to do because I had to waste a lot of time on it some time ago and I don't remember the steps. With the armbian-config utility is it possible to clone the armbian release I am using on the micro sd? I remember that this wasn't possible some time ago. I would like to know specifically the steps to take and whether it is advisable to delete any old partitions on nvme. Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 13.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I run a audio loop code on a Raspberry pi 4/5 and Orange Pi 5. The latency of audio loop is 0.2 seconds on Raspberry pi but on orange pi it takes 1.2 seconds. For orange pi, i am facing this problem with different Operating systems as well apart from armbian. I've used Ubuntu, Orange Pi OS, Armbian. All have got this problem. The code I have attached. Since the issue is faced in multiple Operating System I strongly feel this has to do with the driver level softwares or directly related optimization from Rockchip. Can anyone guide what I could do audio-loop.cpp
-
After upgrading to kernel 6.8, I've noticed my orange pi 5 running a bit hotter than when using kernel 5.10, even with the CPU load a little bit lower than before. Nothing alarming, just an observation. Did anyone else notice the same behaviour?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
As the title says, how can I install the ntsync kernel module for use with Wine/Proton?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4k views
-
-
hi all, so i skipped i beleive 2 releases of armbian for opi5 and i just downloaded latest and installed. i am not english native and armbian installs local langauge automaticaly wich is ABSOLUTELY NOT WANTED and quite annoying from my perspective. what i need is just plain en.us or english internatinal for system and keyboard but i cant get it. i tried changing it with armbian config but it doesnt do a thing, local language is always there and its a huge PITA. please armbian dudes, return to manual selection, i beg you. any tips how i can fix it so its just plain english? or how can i force installation to ask me what language to choose? thanks for an…
-
I searched & tried all materials I can find, trying to set up FFmpeg to work with hardware acceleration on Orange Pi 5. But it did NOT work. Anyone else succeeds in using GPU hardware acceleration to encode/transcode video on Orange Pi 5 using FFmpeg? (or using gstreamer?) Could you please share with me the way to do it? Thank you very much indeed!
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 47.9k views
- 1 follower
-