Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi 5 Plus

  1. I just installed with the latest KDE image, but I'm able to reproduce this with any of the images available. After going through the initial configuration, wifi works great. I updated apt and upgraded everything. Then I installed the armbian-firmware-full package. After rebooting wifi still works. Then I setup Bluetooth for my mouse and keyboard. They work correctly. After rebooting I no longer see any networks to connect to for wifi. If I disable Bluetooth and reboot wifi works again and so does Bluetooth. Is this an issue of daemons or drivers loading in the wrong order?

  2. I have an Orange Pi 5 Plus 16GB board, revision "1.3.1". I've been using it for about a year with official Armbian, Vendor kernel 6.1. The only issues I noticed were a non-working Type-C port and FAN connector. I thought it was an OS or DTS (Device Tree) bug... But it turned out to be a hardware problem. It started when I got another Orange Pi 5 Plus 8GB board for repair (needed to resolder the Type-C power connector). Same revision "1.3.1". Скрытый текст (left is my 16GB board, right is the 8GB board for repair; the PCB solder mask is slightly different in shade of blue — probably different manufacturers or production batches) …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  3. EDIT: I tried using ext4 rather than btrfs and.. somehow that solved it? I don't understand how the SSD file system would change how the bootloader is flashed because if properly flashed, the SD card shouldn't work at all, unless something has changed. Hey all, I wanted to move to the newest version of armbian (25.2.1) and for whatever reason neither `apt update && apt upgrade` nor `armbian-upgrade` (as a sanity check) worked so I wiped the SPI flash using `mtdtools` as prescribed in the forum post linked on the support page. 1) Booted from SD, installed Armbian and the bootloader. 2) Shut down, removed SD and turned on. Machine hung and never boote…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 6.4k views
  4. Hi, A UEFI-ARM64 install of armbian opi5+ 24.11.0-trunk fails during armbian-install due to incorrect knowledge of partitions: root@uefi-arm64:/usr/sbin# lsblk -l NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS sda 8:0 1 14.4G 0 disk sda1 8:1 1 256M 0 part /boot/efi sda2 8:2 1 14.2G 0 part /var/log.hdd / zram0 252:0 0 7.7G 0 disk [SWAP] zram1 252:1 0 50M 0 disk /var/log zram2 252:2 0 0B 0 disk nvme0n1 259:0 0 953.9G 0 disk nvme0n1p2 259:3 0 953.6G 0 part /mnt/armbian-install.NQULbp/rootfs /mnt/tmp…

    • Reputation Points

    • 21 replies
    • 6.9k views
  5. I connected a 49" super wide curved monitor (philips 49b2u5900) to opi5+ through HDMI. I would expect to have the possibility to choose between resolutions of 5120x1440 or 3840x1080. Unfortunately I only get 16:9 resolutions. v24.8.4 for Orange Pi 5 Plus running Armbian Linux 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx Packages: Ubuntu stable (noble) david@orangepi5-plus:~$ xrandr Screen 0: minimum 16 x 16, current 3840 x 2160, maximum 32767 x 32767 HDMI-1 connected 3840x2160+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 1190mm x 340mm 3840x2160 59.98*+ 2048x1536 59.95 1920x1440 59.97 How can I configure the proper resolution? I as have little e…

  6. Hi @ all, long time reader, but never managed to register. Now it is time... as I'm not able to solve this myself, kindly asking for help. I'm stuck, my Orangepi 5 plus stops boot at this: Loading, please wait... Starting systemd-udevd version 252.36-1~deb12u1 Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs) What happened before? Last year I bought the Orangepi 5 plus (8GB) and went ahead, testing everything out - having incredible fun with this little box. But with a way to old/slow sd card which finally failed two or three months ago. I went ahead and wrote the A…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 4.5k views
  7. Introduction This guide describes a tested method for running Android, Armbian, and Ubuntu on the same NVMe SSD of the Orange Pi 5 Plus. This is not an official Orange Pi installation procedure. The entire workflow was developed through extensive real-world testing. The following configuration has been successfully verified: ✅ Android boots from the NVMe SSD. ✅ Armbian boots from the same NVMe SSD via UEFI. ✅ Ubuntu boots from the same NVMe SSD via UEFI. ✅ All three operating systems coexist on a single NVMe SSD. ✅ Armbian and Ubuntu share the same EFI partition. ✅ Android, Armbian, and Ubuntu can share a common data partition. 1. Requirements Har…

  8. I've downloaded the Armbian 25.5.1 (Kernel 6.12) Home Assistant image (https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_minimal-homeassistant), burned to microsd and rebooted the orange pi 5 plus. I burned the image to a microsd cards, inserted the microsd and did a hard reboot of the SBC. The error message is "Gave up waiting for root filesystem device."

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 3.5k views
  9. I am trying to build armbian image via WSL 2, as I have done hundreds of times in the past. I ensured that the wsl2 distro (Ubuntu) was up to date via apt update and apt upgrade, and ran git pull was issued within /build folder prior to issuing ./compile.sh. Several files failed to download during the build including: [💲|🔨] E: Failed to fetch http://security.debian.org/dists/trixie-security/main/binary-arm64/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 151.101.130.132 80] [💲|🔨] E: Failed to fetch http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/trixie/main/i18n/Translation-en 404 Not Found [IP: 151.101.130.132 80] [💲|🔨] E: Failed to fetch http://deb.debian.org/debian/dist…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 667 views
  10. I would love to use Armbian Build to construct a Debian 12 Bookworm images with KDE Plasma as the windows manager. I note that KDE Plasma isn't an option in the armbian builder. I have no problem building with XFCE or Cinnamon.

  11. Started by ricardo_brz,

    I'm adding this here as I want to contribute to the community, but I'm still not sure how. I've been playing with Armbian Build lately and found it's great for quick build images for testing purposes before it's officially made available. So I started build my own images with i3, mate, kde, and I noticed that, in my personal taste, the one that was better suited for my needs was Sway, but there's no desktop image with it. So I built a Server version and start installing it. I know it may not be of interest of everybody, so I was planning to do it for myself, so I can continue building with the interface, but having Sway "automatically" installed. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 4.9k views
  12. I've got Orange Pi 5 Plus board with 16 Gb of RAM, 256 Gb of eMMC, Realtek RTL8852BE-CG wireless module. SD card is Samsung EVO Plus 32Gb. I tried to run Armbian images on this board (from the SD-card I've mentioned before) but it was absolutely failed. I tried 5 images: Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_edge_6.7.0-rc1.img.xz Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_edge_6.7.0-rc1.img.xz which…

  13. I followed the provided instructions to install Arbmbian on Orange Pi 5 Plus 16GB, so I downloaded the official Ubuntu image from the Orange Pi website, and when it booted, it sudo apt update sudo apt install mtd-utils sudo flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0 The flash operation was finished successfully. Then I turned off, loaded Armbian Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble) (Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.12) on SD and started the machine. I have a monitor connected to the machine, but there is no output. My router doesn't show any new network device, so I suppose that Armbian doesn't load. It's exactly the same situation when I tried to install Armbian without /dev/mtd0 erasin…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.4k views
  14. Started by Robert Pace,

    I somewhat recently used Armbian Build to compile a desktop Bookworm image, which is quite stable and functional except for EMMC support. Packages: Debian stable (bookworm) Support: DIY (custom image) Linux Atlas 6.1.84-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Tue Dec 24 13:36:04 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux My question is where can one find the current status of the various kernel versions support for features like I2C, SPI, EMMC, MESA, etc.? I recognize that newer kernels like 6.12.yyy are very much a WIP. I also would love more information on the the RK3588 kit used with kernels to backport features.

  15. I have built quite a few Debian12 Desktop images from github.com/armbian/build for a Debian Bookworm/XFCE/Vendor Kernel environment and noticed that recent vendor kernels do not have I2C-2.M0 as a kernel module listed within armbian-config. It appears that only two kernel modules are to be found, one being Panthos, the other involving a change in frequence of some item. This image does include I2C-2.mo: Armbian-unofficial_25.02.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.84_xfce_desktop.img which includes kernel: Linux Atlas 6.1.99-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Feb 21 18:11:03 UTC 2025 aarch64 GNU/Linux But these images do not contain the I2C-2…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4k views
  16. Dear team, On Armbian_25.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_trixie_current_6.12.58_minimal.img not possible to boot kernel, only u-boot seems available ? Bellow is the debug log on tty DDR V1.13 25cee80c4f cym 23/08/11-09:31:58 LPDDR4X, 2112MHz channel[0] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[1] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[2] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB channel[3] BW=16 Col=10 Bk=8 CS0 Row=18 CS1 Row=18 CS=2 Die BW=8 Size=8192MB Manufacturer ID:0xff CH0 RX Vref:28.5%, TX Vref:22.8%,21.8% CH1 RX Vref:27.1%, TX Vref:21.8%,21.8% CH2 R…

    • Reputation Points

    • 11 replies
    • 3.4k views
  17. Hey everyone. New to Armbian and Orange Pi, but no stranger to everything I ever try do do being a major hassle! So here's the deal. Installed Armbian jammy 5.1 for orange pi plus. Working nicely. Except some of you might remember me from earlier today when I was struggling to get my ax210ngw working correctly (thanks by the way. Fixed that)! So I follow the process to switch from SD card to my Samsung 980 pro 1tb nvme. Bit of confusion getting it to show as an option in armbian-install, but I got it. Formatted in ext4 with a partition via gparted--now every time I try to run the install script, no matter which option I choose, it either freezes or…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  18. I have Orange Pi 5 Plus that I plan to install in a remote location. To boot Orange Pi, I need to press the physical Power On button. How I can setup the machine to boot automatically once the power is supplied? There is nobody on the remote side to press this button. Or maybe there are other options to boot remotely like WakeOnLAN? Where it can be configured? In orangepi-config?

  19. Hi, The RK3588 supports frequencies as low as 408MHz, but in armbian the minimum is 1008MHz, which makes the cpu run hotter and draw more power even when idle, compared with the OPI ubuntu version. These are the available frequencies: $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_available_frequencies 1008000 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000 $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy6/scaling_available_frequencies 1200000 1416000 1608000 1800000 2016000 2208000 2400000 I want to add the missing frequencies, I tried to look in the armbian repo for dts files that contain these frequencies, but I couldn't find anything. Is is possibl…

  20. Started by Bal1mn,

    Hi Please, find below my current Armbian version in OPI5: Armbian_23.5.5_Orangepi5-plus_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop I’m having a few issues with Orange pi 5 Plus. Wifi/Bluetooth issues: I bought this WIFI/Bluethooth model (RTL8852BE) ( Link ) Bluetooth: When I try finding a new dispositive does not find anyone. However, it’s working with Ubuntu. WIFI: I did not have any problem with SDcard but the NVME gave me wifi problems sometimes when I updated it with “apt upgrade”. Then, the wifi does not work and I have to reboot and switch off bluetooth to make the wifi work. I…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 6.1k views
  21. Started by William Bonnet,

    Hi all I hava an orange pi 5 plus with a 512GO NVME SSD. I have installed the latest version od Armbian to a SD card it work well, but for speed reason i would like to install the OS to th SSD drive and boot from this device and no longer from the SD card. Is there a way to do this ? i mean from u-boot point of view? i can keep a SD card inside it to store u boot but i would like to move usr var and such to SSD Thanks in advance for your answers comment or ideas W.

  22. i also have issues to move the system to the nvme ssd 😞 my base is the Armbian 25.5.1 with 6.1.115 (vendor kernel) image .... "copied" (usbimager) it to the sdcard and its booting ... 🙂 so I upgraded the system on the sdcard, still running 🙂 I read some posts and advices .... so I partioned the nvme with one big partition (/dev/nvme0n1p1) running armbian-install choosing option 7, (loading/upgrading bootloader to mtd ) after this i choose option 4 (boot from mtd, system on sata, usb ... ) only possible selection was /dev/nvme0n1 ... looked ok said yes to everything no Error system goes to shutdown /power off …

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 10.7k views
  23. Hardware: OrangePI-5-Plus (rk3588), with "32 GB" of RAM Operating System: Debian Trixie (pure, except EFI boot and Armbian edge kernel) Root File System: Ext4 (encrypted) Desktop: KDE Plasma 6.3.6 (wayland, GDM3), KDE Frameworks version: 6.13.0, QT version: 6.8.2 EFI Source: https://github.com/edk2-porting/edk2-rk3588 The boot messages, after a few starts (spaced apart) of the low-memory-monitor.service, say there's a failure to start it. After booting is complete, here's a screenshot of the output of: systemctl status low-memory-monitor.service This error didn't show up until I installed a number of packages. I tracked down the off…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  24. I must be doing something stupid. After having switched the branch "Multimedia" as M, no module are generated at all and I end up with error like: 🔨] ERROR: modpost: "dma_contiguous_default_area" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! [🔨] ERROR: modpost: "cma_release" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! [🔨] ERROR: modpost: "cma_alloc" [drivers/media/common/videobuf2/videobuf2-cma-sg.ko] undefined! Reading documentation to buld armbian, it only mention docker. I have been (last year) generating kernel on the machine itself (the orange pi 5 plus), this is not supported? thanks.

  25. I have tried to download at least 3 times this image: Armbian_25.8.1_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_gnome_desktop.img.xz All sha256sum verified Ok. And wrote 5 times on 3 different SDCards, and this img does not boot on my OPI-5-Plus. No image on monitor, partition armbi_root not expanded, no green lights... Just unusable (for me). Other img's that boot are OK: Deb-xfce, noble-cinnamon, noble-neon... Someone got success with this img??? I'm looking for a distro that works well on OPI5-Plus, well configured, and that works with HDMI audio. The best for now is Noble-Cinnamo…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  26. I followed this manual I tried to boot , led was green and red , Display did not work. But Orange pi official images ca n boot my machine. How can I solve this problem?

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5.2k views
  27. Hi , I am trying to configure orangepi to turn on and turn off tv. I installed and used cec-ctl to register the boad as playbac device. And then was able to put the TV on standby mode via sudo cec-ctl --device /dev/cec0 --standby --to 0 but not able to find how to turn ON the TV. Can someone please help. Thanks Manish

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.9k views
  28. Hi everyone! I have recently bought an Orange Pi 5 Plus (16 GB RAM) and installed Armbian (the Pi Plus version). Then I enabled GPU hardware acceleration, as suggested on the Armbian download page, which then updated chromium and other things to the rkmpp versions. Now, if I start chromium under Wayland (tried Sway, Gnome, and KDE), the hardware acceleration works nicely, so I get good FPS on e.g. WebGL aquarium, and similar things. However, the antialiasing of some items on the screen does not seem to be working. Antialiasing in WebGL seems off as well. You can see an example in the attached screenshot. Here's what I have tried so far: Before installing GP…

  29. After installing official Armbian_25.2.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.99_xfce_desktop.img to sdcard, then to nvme all is fine, until, I do an apt update & upgrade, after that point chromium fails to run. I explored the logs to see it a failure to load chromium.conf from /etc/chromium.d/chromium.config (failed symbolic link to /etc/armbian/chromium.config). Is there a known workaround besides utilization of firefox?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  30. Every time I stop and then start Chromium, do a search on google, or on youtube, there seems to be a deletion of the cookies, and it asks consent again, login again .... I found lots of possible solutions on internet about that issue, but none work for me! I wonder what this is due to, any ideas?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  31. Hi Guys, I just did a new custom Armbian build ./compile.sh BOARD=orangepi5-plus BRANCH=vendor RELEASE=noble KERNEL_ONLY=yes KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no. The image is Armbian-unofficial_25.11.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop and when I installed it on orangepi I see it is not supporting Panfrost/Mail: glxinfo | grep -E "OpenGL renderer|OpenGL version" OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 20.1.2, 128 bits) OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 25.0.7-0ubuntu0.24.04.2 but for older image Old_Armbian-unofficial_25.08.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.115_cinnamon_desktop All was well glxinfo | grep -E "OpenGL rend…

  32. Hi Guys, Here is my requirements for an electron app running Armbian OS on orangepi5 plus to support: Need GPU hardware acceleration to play video Need HDMI audio And possible NPU support. I really need help, I did lots of custom builds to find solution support all my above requirement and I found Armbian-unofficial_25.08.0-trunk_Orangepi5-plus_noble_edge_6.16.0-rc7_cinnamon_desktop.img. But my electron add crashes after running say 8 hrs or so, means it is not very stable for us [83833:0723/100030.362659:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(877)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -202 [83790:0723/101648.420086:ERRO…

  33. Started by Robert Pace,

    Why so few Debian (Trixie) images with this batch of newly released images? Not one full desktop image for Debian?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  34. Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.12 variant Cinnamon with mesa/vpu support fails to boot from SD card. The message displayed on screen is "Begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... (initramfs) _" SPI was erased, and the minimal install have no issues booting from a sd card. The SBC is an Orange Pi 5 Plus with 16gb ram

  35. Started by Jose F,

    Hello, I would like to have dual boot with a startup menu similar to GRUB on a PC, the idea is to have Android installed on the eMMC and Ubuntu on the NVMe, I am referring to an Orange Pi 5 Plus. Has anyone gotten it or is working on it? Thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.6k views
  36. Built image with such flags: Etched img to sdcard and SBC has no response on power up. U-boot log: OS boots normally if I use ext4, but would like to stick to f2fs. Btrfs or f2fs used to work if I used 7 months old armbian-build git checkpoint but not any more. Anyone else had similar problems?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  37. Hello Is it possible to install Emby Server in Orange Pi5 plus? Regards Hugo

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  38. I'm trying to install https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_vendor_minimal in my Orange PI 5 Plus to the emmc but I've got a black screen after removing sd card.

  39. Started by RMSVolt,

    Hello everyone, This is my 1st post on the forum. My intention with this post is not to report a specific issue that I am running into, but more because I would like to collect info and suggestions from people with more experience than myself. I've recently received an Orange Pi 5 Plus and have spent a bit of time exploring operating systems suitable for this system and have settled on the Armbian solution. I'm a HW designer by trade, and have done some SW work, but I do not consider myself proficient in SW at all. I find my way around things, but that's about as far as it goes.... For the my planned use of the OPi5+, I will need eMMC b…

  40. Started by vysec,

    Hi there, I've been trying to enable g_ether and USB OTG on my Orange PI 5+. I've tried things like editing /boot/orangepiEnv.txt and adding module-load dwc2,g_ether. However, I don't get any usb0 interface pop up which indicates to me that the USB/OTG mode is not set to peripheral on the settings. I'm not sure how to go about it? Would anyone be able to advise? I want to use the power port for also Ethernet.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.5k views
  41. When executing a command - sudo opt upgrade - returns an error: Setting up linux-image-legacy-rk35xx (23.11.1) ... Armbian 'linux-image-legacy-rk35xx' for '5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx': 'postinst' sta rting. * dkms: running auto installation service for kernel 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx [ OK ] update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8125a-3.fw for module r816 9 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8107e-2.fw for module r816 9 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl…

  42. I understand that panthor is not supported for wayland but in that case I would expect libmali to fill in... but I ended up with lvmpipe. The overlay along with another recent post led me to believe that panthor was the expected default and libmali was an artifact, but I'm now questioning that after finding a thread identifying use cases where libmali can be preferred and a comment suggesting panthor wouldn't be available until 6.13. As a result, I am now questioning if there is a reason that software acceleration is the default and the user is expected to determine which path they want to go? I know support for the hardware has been slow going so I …

  43. Started by Thewonderer,

    Hi, I've had my 5+ for a week now and tinker with it when I can. Some things I've noticed... Using Amrbian legacy 5.10 legacy.... the system draws about 2.2w idle using a USB meter and no peripherals attached. When using the trying the latest 24.2.0-trunk.79, the power draw increases to 3w idle. I also noted the LED flickers between green and red rather than blue and red with legacy. My guess is more peripherals are being enabled. When using legacy, the first time i run an apt-get update there are 39 'gets'. When I then added a launchpad ppa and run again I only get 6. Not sure why that is. I cannot get…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.2k views
  44. Hi I have been trying to install root file on btrfs using armbian-config from sd card to nvme The process completed successfully but cannot boot. (Note that I have also modified armbianEnv.txt from etx4 to btrfs) The same process works on ext4 Appreciate if someone can give some pointer to get this working

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
  45. Can you help me with the contents of the file name? I understand edge, vendor, but then there are other suffixes that are not clear to me: are gnome-oibaf_desktop the same "kernel release" as the xfce_desktop or minimal? Or there are patches that are applied only to a specific version? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  46. I purchased the wifi + bt module. It is RTL8852BE. my armbian: Linux orangepi5-plus 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Feb 2 07:51:33 UTC 2024 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux My Bluetooth never works. It cannot be listed under hciconfig: vnc@orangepi5-plus:~$ hciconfig -a vnc@orangepi5-plus:~$ rfkill ID TYPE DEVICE SOFT HARD 0 bluetooth bt_default blocked unblocked 1 wlan phy0 unblocked unblocked vnc@orangepi5-plus:/$ sudo cat /var/log/dmesg | grep "\(luetooth\|RFKILL\)" [sudo] password for vnc: [ 4.299662] kernel: Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22 [ 4.299678] kernel: Bluetooth: HCI device and connection …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 4.2k views
  47. ##O#O## OS: Armbian 25.8.1 noble aarch64 ####### Host: Orange Pi 5 Plus ########### Kernel: 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx ############# Uptime: 1 day, 8 hours, 17 mins ############### Packages: 1852 (dpkg), 5 (snap) ################ Shell: bash 5.2.21 ################# Resolution: 3840x2160 ##################### DE: GNOME 46.0 ##################### WM: Mutter ################# WM Theme: Adwaita Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Terminal: x-terminal-emul CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  48. Started by Zaerc,

    So I was messing around with my new OrangePi-5+ and installed the EDK2 UEFI firmware for Rockchip RK3588 platforms onto the SPI flash (/dev/mtdblock0). After which I tried all sorts of images and kernels with varying success, only the 5.10.160-legacy-rk3588 kernel would really have a working display. Until I tried a generic UEFI arm64 image (Jammy-CLI on a USB stick) which gave a working display, albeit at 1080p max. (my monitor is 4K) with no acceleration (after the extra steps), and installed the Mate desktop (just my preference). The big caveat is that it does not recognize the SD-card, EMMC or SPI-flash, just regular drives (e.g. sda/nvme0n1 etc) and I'm…

  49. I'd like to add hardware acceleration for my Orange PI 5 Plus, i've installed ` apt install -y clinfo` on the host (armbian) docker exec -it jellyfin /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -v debug -init_hw_device rkmpp=rk -init_hw_device opencl=ocl@rk ffmpeg version 6.0.1-Jellyfin Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 12 (Debian 12.2.0-14) configuration: --prefix=/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg --target-os=linux --extra-version=Jellyfin --disable-doc --disable-ffplay --disable-ptx-compression --disable-static --disable-libxcb --disable-sdl2 --disable-xlib --enable-lto --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-shared --enable-gmp --enable-gnutls …

  50. I have built and used it with the latest source and still HDMI audio and analog audio does not work. Is there any way to get HDMI audio to work other than using the vendor kernel?

  51. Hi everyone, I just received an "orange pi 5 plus" and I wanted to use the hdmi-input feature in it. I installed armbian and added the hdmirx overlay, and now I can use ffmpeg or gstreamer to stream video input. Good. Alas, I see no alsa hdmi input card. I tried to search for some settings but didn't find any... The only information I found on this feature are here https://github.com/armbian/linux-rockchip/blob/rk-6.1-rkr3/arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3588-orangepi-5-plus.dts do you have any pointer to give me on how to enable this feature? (I know how to compile stuff, using Linux since 1998 ) thanks …

  52. Started by perelax,

    I have a couple Orange Pi's, and the HDMI is broken. I noticed that many believe that it is Armbian, but it is not. Orange Pi's probably won't be where we want them until 2025. I found a couple notes from development teams, one below and one from September. Both say the same thing: essentially it's in the works: "The RK3588 SoC family integrates the newer Synopsys DesignWare HDMI 2.1 Quad-Pixel (QP) TX controller IP and a HDMI/eDP TX Combo PHY based on a Samsung IP block. Add just the basic support for now, i.e. RGB output up to 4K@60Hz, without audio, CEC or any of the HDMI 2.1 specific features." https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-rockchip/pa…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.7k views
  53. I have set up Armbian 24.8.4 bookworm on my 32GB Orange Pi 5 Plus. Most everything works as expected out of the box. The second HDMI port doesn't detect the second screen, and the screen displays No Signal. I have tested the cables and monitors to ensure they are functioning. I have also ensured I wasn't plugged into the HDMI input by accident. I was about ready to proclaim it a hardware issue, but on booting the "Official" Orange PiOS Arch image, the dual monitor support worked as expected. I checked the dtb file included with the Arch image, and it has many references to HDMI0 and HDMI1 devices, while the one used by default with the Armbian ima…

  54. Is there an Armbian image with home assistant that isn't minimalistic? or Is there a way to install HA on a more robust desktop armbian 25.2 image for the Orange Pi 5 Plus? I feel the orange pi 5 is robust enough to handle HA under a desktop Armbian environment than other SBCs.

  55. RTL8852BE is the official recommended Wifi module for Orange Pie 5 PLUS, but it is not available in Armbian 24.5.1 Linux Vendor Kernel 6.1 without a driver module. Hope the official driver will be added to the 6.1 kernel. Thanks.

  56. Hello everyone, I flashed the armbian into my tf cand and inserted it into my OrangePi 5 Plus, with my fans inserted to the specific socket on board (2pin, 1.25mm, 5V, PWM3_IR_M1). However, when I booted it, the fans was running constantly instead of controlled by temperature dynamically, like the official OS images that did only the fans running when the temperature over 50 celsius. I wanna know how to configure my OS to enable the temperature-controlled fans like the official images. The offical documents shows: Linux uses the default pwm-fan drivers to control thye fans and the device tree was defined in orange-pi-5.10-rk3588/arch/arm64/boot/dts…

  57. due to network limitations, how to compile Ubuntu 22.04 Gnome OS image in offline mode, build.sh need to download many debs,can I download them in advance,then install them locally. I have already downloaded kernel and uboot.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  58. Started by aosos,

    I am using Orange Pi 5 Plus with eMMC. I tried to install a program I need, but an error occurred saying that installation was not possible because SecureBoot was disabled on the system. So I need to enable SecureBoot, how do I do that? Thank you.

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.8k views
  59. I am running an unmodified Server version of Armbian Linux v6.12 (Ubuntu 24.04) on an Orange Pi 5 Plus. I need to play sounds using the headphone jack on my SBC. Unfortunately the ES8388 sound chip is not recognized, the aplay -l output is as follows: **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: Analog [Analog], device 0: fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0 [fe470000.i2s-es8328-hifi-analog es8328-hifi-analog-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 The correct output on desktop systems should like this (and it was like this on Desktop Armbian). What should I do to enable the ES8388 sound chip while staying on a server OS? …

  60. I want to install jellyfin on my OrangePi 5 Plus and need OpenCL to enable HDR-SDR mapping. I tried to follow the instruction on Jellyfin's official website: Rockchip VPU | Jellyfin However, I'm stucked on the step of installing OpenCL. I also tried this: Install OpenCL on Debian and Ubuntu and Armbian for Orange Pi 5 RK3588 But no luck either. Both instruction led to broken hardware acceleration in chrome and failing to start kernal in Jellyfin. Logs from ffmpeg: sudo /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg -v debug -init_hw_device rkmpp=rk -init_hw_device opencl=ocl@rk Applying option init_hw_device (initialise hardware device) with argu…

  61. I am trying to compile a new kernel in order to support some satellite receiver tuner (from TBS). I did that successfully (In February 2023) on Orange Pi 5 with Linux kernel 5.10.110, but I am struggling doing it with Orange PI 5 Plus with Linux 5.10.160 (jammy). Basically I would like to turn as Modules lots of CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_*, in order to replace the modules with the ones compiled separately (that I know are working fine with my TBS USD card). These are my issues: - I do not manage to set separately those CONFIG_VIDEOBUF2_* through the menu config. - Thus I tried to set the whole "multimedia support" as a module and go…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  62. Hi. I am not complaining. I just would like to understand why I must deactivate https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia/ubuntu/ if I want watching video on Youtube. If it's needed to disable this repo for watching video. I am ok. But why I can't read video with package from this repo? https://paste.armbian.com/vaxedisuda

  63. Started by Robert Pace,

    I'm using an Orange Pi 5 Plus 16GB SBC, with Armbian image (https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Bookworm_current_cinnamon-backported-mesa) which uses Kernel 6.12. I am trying to get a BME280 I2C sensor attached to the following pins of the 40 pins; 1 (3.3v), 3 (GPIO0C0), 5 (GPIO0B7), and 6 (GND). The BME280 sensor has the VIN wired to 3.3v (pin 1), SDA wired to SDA (pin 3), SCL wired to SCL (pin 5), and GND to GND (pin 6). The device should use address 0x76, but isn't listed under the four I2C buses found in /dev. This configuration worked fine when using the stock OrangePi 5 Plus Debian Bookworm image, but does not have I2C2 listed as a device under /dev un…

  64. Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum may be I will ask some already answered questions, but here they are: I just had a new orangepi 5 plus card and I failed to use the "buses": - I2s: didn't find anywhere how to activate it (i'm trying a dac as a soundcard). Didn't find the hifiberry-dac overlay neither (ok maybe this one is just for raspberry). - spi: I plugged a simple mcp3008 to the spi pins but can't read anything on it (i have the /dev/spidev0.0/1 and /dev/spiddev4.0/1 devices). I think I respected the rights pins. - i2c: when I activate the overlays in armbianEnv.txt, I can see a lot of messages every seconds with dmesg about rk-hdmi. Ma…

    • Reputation Points

    • 15 replies
    • 16k views
  65. Hello everybody. I own a Orange Pi 5 Plus with Debian and 3 partitions: boot, root and storage (fat, ext4, ext4). Now I want to try Armbian but I don't want to overwrite the storage partition, so I shoudn't use dd to write the .img file. Ant tip to solve this situation? Thanks.

  66. Hello, I tried to install the RTL8821CE card on Orange Pi 5 Plus, but only the Bluetooth is on, the wifi not working. Which driver i should use? I am using Armbian 24.2.1 Jammy with Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx here is the dmesg of admin@orangepi5-plus:~$ nmtui admin@orangepi5-plus:~$ dmesg | grep 8821 [ 5.588211] pci_bus 0003:30: root bus resource [mem 0x9c0000000-0x9ffffffff pref] [ 8.482106] rtw_8821ce 0002:21:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0003) [ 8.493940] rtw_8821ce 0002:21:00.0: Firmware version 24.11.0, H2C version 12 [ 8.534600] rtw_8821ce 0002:21:00.0: rfe 6 isn't supported [ 8.534719] rtw_8821ce 0002…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  67. Hello Developers, I ran into some issues installing the latest release on an Orange Pi 5 Plus. The images I downloaded are as follows: Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5-plus_noble_current_6.12.0_kde-neon-kisak_desktop.img.xz Armbian_24.11.2_Orangepi5-plus_noble_vendor_6.1.75_gnome-kisak_desktop.img.xz The KDE version will install and boot from the 256GB emmc drive, however it only works if there is a 4K HDMI monitor attached to HDMI1, I was not able to get it to display on a 1920x1200 HDMI monitor nor a USB connected or HDMI connected portable display (2560x1440). The Gnome version will boot with any of those 4 types…

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 8.6k views
  68. My setup includes orange pi 5 plus, Samsung NVME SSD M2 4 TB with Armbain os. 256 GB eMMC and Intel BE 200 Wi-Fi. There are no drivers for the intel BE 200 Wi-Fi or any instructions to make it work.

  69. Hey @amazingfate, I have an issue with the build-in IR receiver on my OPI5+: ##O#O## OS: Armbian 25.8.1 noble aarch64 ####### Host: Orange Pi 5 Plus ########### Kernel: 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx ############# Uptime: 2 mins ############### Packages: 1934 (dpkg), 5 (snap) ################ Shell: bash 5.2.21 ################# Resolution: 3840x2160 ##################### DE: GNOME 46.0 ##################### WM: Mutter ################# WM Theme: Adwaita Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  70. Is there an overlay or any other way of getting the Orange Pi 5 Plus to work with a 1024x600 display?

  71. Dear Armbian Community, I hope this message finds you well. I am encountering an issue with PWM on my Orange PI 5 Plus running Armbian. Despite my attempts, I am unable to utilize PWM via GPIO pins. Upon navigating to /sys/class/pwm, I can only see the pin designated for controlling the fan. The PWM pins on the GPIO are not visible. I have successfully controlled GPIO pins using WiringPi and Go Lang Periph libraries; however, when attempting to use PWM via GPIO, I encounter the following error: I have also checked the “hardware setup” screen in armbian-config, where I can see two hardware components listed, but PWMs are not among them. …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  72. Hi all, I'm using a UEFI based edge ubuntu 24.04 image which reported a kernel stack trace (system still seems functional and no ongoing issue/messages) - [ 22.382942] rcu: INFO: rcu_sched detected expedited stalls on CPUs/tasks: { 5-.... } 6 jiffies s: 381 root: 0x20/. [ 22.382966] rcu: blocking rcu_node structures (internal RCU debug): [ 22.382972] Sending NMI from CPU 7 to CPUs 5: [ 22.382983] NMI backtrace for cpu 5 [ 22.382995] CPU: 5 PID: 92 Comm: kworker/u16:2 Tainted: G W 6.8.5-edge-arm64 #2 [ 22.383004] Hardware name: Orange Pi Orange Pi 5 Plus/Orange Pi 5 Plus, BIOS v0.9.1 10/12/2023 [ 22.383009] Workqueue: writeb…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  73. I'm using Armbian Orange Pi 5 Plus based on Debian 13 with vendor kernel v26.2.1 for Orange Pi 5 Plus running Armbian Linux 6.1.115-vendor-rk35xx I'm thinking about switching to Armbian based on Debian 13 with kernel current 6.18.33 because 6.1.115 is an old one => current the kernel is more recent Is that a good idea to swith to vendor kernel to current ? How can I do this ?

  74. Is there a list of Armbian Kernels that include EMMC support? I've tried the vendor kernel build 6.1.99, the LTS 6.12.21, and Bleeding Edge 6.14.0 to find they all lack the mmcblk0 under /dev/ , and lack overlays for it under /boot/dtb/rockchip/overlays/. I have wiped SPI and SPNOR without success.

  75. I'd like to congratulate you for a great release (24.2.1) with KDE! I was looking for a guide to install KDE in a minimum version, but I could not trim it down enough, and this release solved my issues. Everything is working smoothly, video acceleration is there, Wi-Fi (AX210) is there, bluetooth is there! A real pleasure to use. Best, team!

  76. Started by dma,

    Hi all , Just installed last supported version: Armbian 24.8.1 Noble Gnome, MESA / VPU, Kernel: 6.1.75, Size: 1.5 GB, Release date: Aug 26, 2024 I have 2 dell monitors : u2515h ultrasharp 1440p, and more modern P3424WE with 3440x1440 max resolution. With both - armbian max resolution in display settings is always 1920x1080. My previous experience here was with radxa zero D1 and 1440p was working here smoothly out of box on different armbian images. I also tried Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy)KDE NeonMESA / VPU https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/Jammy_current_kde-neon-kisak with same results: no resolution higher then 1080p …

  77. Hi, I've been compiling my own Armbian images since 6.13-rc5, and now 6.13 and I noticed that when I compile i3, youtube videos and webgl tests don't work as great when I compile i3 with mesa-vpu as it does when I compile e.g., cinnamon. I also noticed that the suffix is not -mesa-desktop, only -desktop. Is it as per design and i3 doesn't include mesa at all, or is it some kind of bug? Thanks!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.2k views
  78. Started by mido_00,

    Hello, I just got a wifi 7 adapter (QCNCM865) and I was thinking the ath12k driver was available starting from kernel 6.13, I'm running the edge kernel 6.16.4 and the ath12k driver is failing to load and I can't find any wireless drivers in /usr/lib/modules/6.16.4-edge-rockchip64/kernel/net/wireless. Do I need to rebuild the kernel with the ath12k driver? or is there a kernel version available with that driver? Thanks for your help!

  79. After upgrading to kernel 6.10.1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 I started getting: fdee0000.hdmi_receiver: hdmirx_wait_lock_and_get_timing: HDMI pull out, return on the console. This repeats constantly and quite rapidly, and just doesn't stop. I can silence it by plugging a monitor into HDMI port, but... I prefer to run my board headless (serial + net). Does anybody know any other way to get rid of this? This "feature" was absent with the -rc7 kernel.

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  80. It's been a while since I used Armbian. I have tons of ARM SBCs from a few years back because I think they're fascinating but they either wind up being too slow or just not worth using it for whatever since x86 "SBC like" boards exist and are pretty cheap. Fast forward to now and I'm doing some touchscreen development and just because of how I have things setup I needed 3 things, I2C, Interrupt capable GPIO and an actual DisplayPort. That combination of things is surprisingly hard to find. I had a couple of things on hand, (Seeed Odyssey x86, Odroid H2/H3, Rpi's, Nvidia Jetson Nano). I spent way more time than I should have trying to make each of these work, i…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 5.2k views
  81. New OPI5+, unable to finish install because ethernet doesn't work. I haven't been able to figure it out and my searches turned up nothing. journalctl has the following messages: - hpptx phy lane locked! - rk_gmac-dwmac fe1c0000.ethernet error: no phy at addr -1 - stmmac_open: cannot attach to phy (error -19) I've checked power supply, cables, edited the interfaces file, and more , with no success. I have an Orange Pi 5 that I can swap as is in its place and everything works. Coupled with the fact that I couldn't find mention of the errors, I'm hoping that someone can help me before I give up and return the OPI5…

  82. Hi there, I'm really happy with Armbian on my Oprange Pi 5 Plus but recently I noticed that I'm not getting kernel updates so often as before. I use rockchip-edge branch and I'm stuck at kernel "6.18.0-rc6-edge-rockchip64". I know there are new versions being tested (https://github.com/armbian/os/pkgs/container/os%2Fkernel-rockchip64-edge), will they be released to armbian? Maybe you are working hard on Armbian version 26.2 and I'm just anxious Thanks in advance!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  83. This is a new release of the uefi firmware for Orange Pi 5 Plus which now has mainline kernel support. My thought was that this new release would support armbian uefi builds but so far no love. Does anyone know of an armbian build that would work with this??? The is the one of the tag lines from readme.md found @ https://github.com/edk2-porting/edk2-rk3588 "It delivers a PC-like standardized boot experience, supporting multiple operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, BSD and VMware ESXi."

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.7k views
  84. Hi, Like the topic says, both NICs are underperforming, they are connected to a Gb switch which I use and benched with other machines, neither iperf nor iperf3 (threaded and not threaded) go higher than 700Mbps. Another server plugged on the same switch reaches Gb steadily. I applied CPU affinity so both IRQ's are handled by the A76 cores but it makes no difference. OS: Armbian 24.5.5 Bookworm, uname -a: Linux geonosis 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Fri Jul 19 14:49:03 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux There's not much running on the board for now.

  85. Since at least one week I find the system every morning with solid red led, waiting for a command in uboot. When looking at the journal messages, the last messages are always: Feb 10 23:45:01 etnas2 CRON[5176]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0) Feb 10 23:45:01 etnas2 CRON[5177]: (root) CMD (/usr/lib/armbian/armbian-truncate-logs) Feb 10 23:45:01 etnas2 CRON[5176]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root Feb 11 00:00:01 etnas2 CRON[5213]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0) Feb 11 00:00:01 etnas2 CRON[5212]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root(uid=0) by (uid=0) Feb…

  86. Hi, last night a set of updates was installed and I rebooted the Orange Pi 5+ this morning. After the reboot I've seem to have lost the connection to the Orange Pi 5+, it is normally connected without a screen so I access it through SSH and the Open Media Vault web GUI. I've tried to connect it to a screen and then it seems to boot up just fine. Looking around with the screen connected it seems like the network cards aren't detected. My Linux skills are very limited but "sudo lshw -class network" shows nothing. One detail is that my router seems to detect it when it's connected and gives it the normal IP address that I've set in the 192.168.0.x ran…

    • Reputation Points

    • 20 replies
    • 271.7k views
  87. I installed latest vendor image and because of the wifi issues I switched to the edge kernel. I messed up my fstab, couldn't connect with ssh, so I plugged it to my monitor and a keyboard, but there was no video. Eventually, I fixed it by booting vendor image from my sd card, but I got curious. I know, that vendor image just works, so I flashed edge image to my sd card to see what's wrong. The monitor recognizes the presence of the board, but it's just a black screen. I can ssh to the board, so the image definitely booted, but there's just no video. Here's the log from my original installation. I kept 6.8 kernel because the video is not important to me.

  88. Started by VaRusLAN,

    I installed latest Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal.img and I can't get wifi to work. The adapter is RTL8852BE. I installed armbian-firmware-full and the adapter is shown in lspci, but there is no wireless interface. armbian-config does not list wifi as an option. armbianmonitor -u

  89. Hello All.. I am trying to get rknpu working properly. I have resolute minimal install with 6.1 vendor kernel installed. Default install does not have `/dev/rknpu` and shows error with loading the rknpu driver. Can any one help resolve this? This is with fresh install of the OS on the NVME drive: There is no NPU option in the dtb list for orangepi5plus. PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 26.5.1 resolute" NAME="Ubuntu" VERSION_ID="26.04" VERSION="26.04 (Resolute Raccoon)" VERSION_CODENAME=resolute ID=ubuntu ID_LIKE=debian HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com" SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com" BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs" PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://w…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  90. Started by David Morse,

    I have built an Orange Pi 5 Plus systems. I have a 256gb eMMC card which seems to run as speed would expect. Yet when I test the NVMe drive I get slow speeds compared to what is suggested to get. I have seen other people posts that suggest they are getting at least 4gb/s using NVME drives. I have searched for other issues but there is no errors in the logs just can't get the speeds I was expecting. I have the following which suggests at least 5gb/s KINGSTON SNV3S500G I have formatted it using Ext4. root@orangepi5-plus:/boot# hdparm -Tt /dev/nvme0n1 /dev/nvme0n1: Timing cached reads: 2804 MB in 2.00 seconds = 1404.10 M…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.9k views
  91. Started by DroZDI,

    I lost whole day yesterday to try boot with new images from Armbian download page - kernel 6.1 / kernel 6.8 bookworm/trixi and none boots... If I take Ubuntu or Debian image I have no problem to boot from. Do you have the same?

    • Reputation Points

    • 12 replies
    • 5.4k views
  92. Hi, I went to see if there were any updates to the OPi5+ images and saw the OPi5 had updates. I clicked on the link on the main download page. https://www.armbian.com/orangepi-5/ https://redirect.armbian.com/orangepi5-plus/archive/ I've come back and now it has desktop images but no server images.

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4.6k views
  93. i recently purchased an orange pi 5 plus 16gb with the wifi / bt card, the aluminum wifi case, fan and 1tb ssd. when i go to the official website i see different images there none of which seem to work 100%. i mean i was able to get each up and running but what i noticed is that the graphical drivers would not load. i saw a youtube video claiming armbian has the right driver support for the mali 610 gpu. can someone assist me getting this to work? im big into emulation gaming and right now it doesnt even have Vulkan support i crave. someone help thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  94. Hi Anyone else having problems with NVMe disks on the Orange Pi 5 Plus 16gb? I have a WD Black SN750 and use the original power supply, I have tried with Armbian and Ubuntu Rockchip and with both I have random failures at startup not recognizing the drive. When fail I do this tests: 08:13:33 cristian@orangepi5-plus ~ → lspci 0000:00:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd Device 3588 (rev 01) 0000:01:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp Device 501e 0002:20:00.0 PCI bridge: Rockchip Electronics Co., Ltd Device 3588 (rev 01) 0002:21:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireles…

  95. Hello everyone I was trying to look for information in the forum but I can't find any topic where this specific issue is discussed. I also looked for help in the omv forum and they told me it was a problem with the distribution, hopefully you can help me. My system running Armbian_24.5.1_Orangepi5-plus_bookworm_vendor_6.1.43_minimal Install OMV, omv extras, i try to configure the compose folders and i get the 500 internal server error, clear cache, update and reboot system but there is no change, a moderator asked me for the log by executing the following command "Your error output is incomplete. What is the output of: sudo omv-salt …

  96. Hi all! I have a problem with Armbian images on kernel 5.10.160 (jammy & bookworm Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5-plus_***_5.10.160.img) When starting from the SD card the nvme device is not visible root@orangepi5-plus:~# lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS mtdblock0 31:0 0 16M 0 disk mmcblk1 179:0 0 58G 0 disk ├─mmcblk1p1 179:1 0 256M 0 part /boot └─mmcblk1p2 179:2 0 57.1G 0 part /var/log.hdd / mmcblk0 179:32 0 233G 0 disk mmcblk0boot0 179:64 0 4M 1 disk mmcblk0boot1 179:96 0 4M 1 disk zram0 254:0 0 7.7G 0 disk [SWAP] zram1 254:1 …

  97. Hi all, Just want to share this issue i came across from my recently purchased OPI5+ 32GB version. I noticed it freezes when transferring .img from micro SD card to eMMC or NVMe drives via the command line. Now the img file are armbian OS and no its not the img file issue. at times I can get it to around 70seconds and it will freeze. hard reboot is required, unable to complete the transfer. I have also tried to reduce the bs=10 speed but still the same. Now i have also got the 16GB version and this works fine with no issues... Good chance there is something wrong with this latest hardware..…

  98. Started by Thewonderer,

    Hi, I've been running Armbian legacy server on my 5+ for a month now. I had trouble initially with my EMMC not booting, but I discovered, I had to wipe the SPI Nor then using Armbian config to flash it, then write to EMMC. When a new version of Armbian comes out for the 5+ and it may be a 6.8 kernel build, will I need to re-flash the SPI before I can install the newer version of Armbian (or another image from that's not Armbian?) before updating the EMMC. I found the steps on the Radxa site insightful for a general overview of SPI Nor and flashing (I understand it not an OPi5 x board), but it's not clear to me if a different OS will ne…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.2k views
  99. After looking at this message from @Seb042 I thought it would be better to open a new topic to discuss this. From what I saw from my install: $ dmesg ... [ 6.166453] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: api flags index 2 larger than supported by driver [ 6.166480] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: TLV_FW_FSEQ_VERSION: FSEQ Version: 93.8.63.28 [ 6.167021] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: loaded firmware version 59.601f3a66.0 ty-a0-gf-a0-59.ucode op_mode iwlmvm [ 6.267334] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX210 160MHz, REV=0x420 [ 6.273748] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: reporting RF_KILL (radio disabled) [ 6.450150] iwlwifi 0002:21:00.0: WFPM_UMAC_PD_NOTIFIC…

  100. Hello, Long time Gentoo and Raspberry Pi user, but I am interested in a more powerful Arm device. Will buy an Orange Pi 5 plus device if it meets my requirements. I am interested about dual or multiple boot: let's say Linux and Android or, at least multiple Linux distro - let's say Armbian and Gentoo. It is possible ? On Raspberry Pi 4 with a larger boot partition I switch content of /boot from boot/debian /boot/gentoo, have multiple partition on SATA SSD connected via USB edit root parameter in /boot/cmdline.txt and that way I choose which distro to boot. On Orange PI 5 (Plus) I read that SPI chip have to be flashed to choose the boot device fro…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.