Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid XU4

Download Armbian OS images: Provide logs:
Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu.

Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.

 

  1. Hello everyone, odroid xu4 user here with buster minimal 5.4 from https://dl.armbian.com/odroidxu4/Buster_current_minimal please have a look at the following output ... May 19 12:58:11 localhost kernel: [ 1581.893003] mmc_host mmc0: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 100000Hz, actual 100000HZ div = 250) May 19 12:58:12 localhost kernel: [ 1582.352546] mmc_host mmc0: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 400000Hz, actual 396825HZ div = 63) May 19 12:58:12 localhost kernel: [ 1582.389396] mmc_host mmc0: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 300000Hz, actual 297619HZ div = 84) May 19 12:58:12 localhost kernel: [ 1582.426230] mmc_hos…

  2. Hi all, Thank to look at following link about my last 5.0.2 standard kernel on HC1 with some issues https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=34237

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.1k views
  3. Hi, Tried searching on docs.armbian.com and the forums but got more confused than anything else. I just installed legacy armbian on my xu4 and the only thing missing is proper video decoding ( vlc won't show any image and mplayer complains that my configuration is too slow ). Could somebody point me to a tutorial on how to enable hardware ( mali t628 ) video decoding ? Thanks for your help !

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 5k views
  4. As far as I can see on odroid wiki for the lcd and fan enabling the links leads to ubuntu files. I want to install latest armbian for odroid xu4q board and omv5 so I'm wondering if I can use these files or do I need some other files to enable lcd and fan on cloudshell2 + odroid xu4q and armbian?

  5. Hello, i saw a post regarding ZFS > zfs What is the current state of ZFS support? Is it a stable to run ZFS as FS for root fs only on SD card (16-32GB)? I need that for an easy backup on FS level using send/rec commands. But as we know xu4 is 32bit only - > maybe problem with stability - stability 32bit official solution but for rpi4 Or maybe is there a point to use zfs for root fs at all? what about LMV? thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.1k views
  6. Hi, I'm using Odroid HC1 for quite a long time and I've observed much degradation on SMB/NFS speed when making upgrades to the board. I'm not sure why? Maybe I'll find some idea what it can be. Previously the board was working with speeds >100MB/s when reading from it on Windows (smb) or Linux (nfs) now max speeds on the same configuration are ~40 MB/s. That's way too slow. I don't see any process to hang on pc, while copying using smb the samba process is using not so big amount of CPU on big cores from what I see. I've grabbed armbianmonitor output so you can check it also: http://ix.io/1zrL Currently I'm working on: 4.14.87-odroidxu4 …

  7. I've seen a growing memory utilization on my Odroid HC1. It turned out that `irqbalance` is a root cause. It looks like it is a known bug Right now ` irqbalance ` get restarted once per a day to keep it small. $ grep 'resource limit' /var/log/monit.log [MSK Sep 30 21:00:56] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of 400.0 MB matches resource limit [mem amount>400.0 MB] [MSK Oct 2 01:53:31] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of 400.1 MB matches resource limit [mem amount>400.0 MB] [MSK Oct 3 06:46:01] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of 400.2 MB matches resource limit [mem amount>400.0 MB] [MSK Oct 4 11:38:34] error : 'irqbalance' mem amount of …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Newbie question I would like to clone a hdd to a new ssd without reinstalling the system. What are the ways to do it on my Odroid-HC1 running Armbian Stretch with boot partition on a SD card? Thanks

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  9. I learned that the cpu on my hc2 has 4 'slow' cores and 4 fast ones. Now I would want certain apps to always use the fast cores. I found `taskset` to do so. My idea was to just add `taskset --cpu-list 4,5,6,7` in the .service file of the desired app in the execstart line in front. To have it always use the big cores. Would this work? Also I have apps 'calling' unrar to extract files. I don't know how I would do it in this case. I think it'll be a bit complicated to tell the apps to call unrar with `taskset --cpu-list 4,5,6,7`. Is there a way to have unrar always run on the big cores?

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 5.1k views
  10. Hi, yesterday I did a apt upgrade and noticed that my omv install also got updated. Now copying from my HC2 I only get like 50 mb/s. I always got like 100 mb/s..at least win explorer showed this, I know it's not accurate. Could the update have erased/overwritten all these nice tweaks @tkaiser made for us to increase tranfer speed? That would be very unfortunate :/ Any chance I can roll back the omv update?

    • Reputation Points

    • 7 replies
    • 6.3k views
  11. Ok, so after PHP issues I started off with a fresh armbian install and via armbian-config I installed OMV 4. Install finished without any problems but if I copy stuff via smb the tranfer speed is really bad and I don't know why. On an old install with OMV 3 I used to get nice 100 mb/s. The cpu temp also used to be at like 80 °C during copy, now it looks like this: Following extra options are set in smb.conf: min receivefile size = 16384 write cache size = 524288 getwd cache = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY I also checked smbd app, it's running on a big core.... I get the feeling that not all the avaiable resources of my HC2 ar…

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 7.7k views
  12. Started by kingi,

    I tried to install armbian to my internal sata drive (SSD: Samsung Evo 850). But the device fails to boot after the root fs is moved. I used the command nand-sata-install with following option: Boot from SD - system on SATA or USB I tried different filesystem formats (ext4, btrfs) and armbian builds: Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Debian_jessie_next_4.9.71 (stable) Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.9.71 (stable) Armbian_5.41_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.9.83 (self-built) I dont have a terminal adapter to access the boot logs. Any hints how to get additional information or to fix this issue?

  13. Today I wanted to upgrade from jessie to stretch, I'm following this website. After changing the word jessie to stretch in /etc/apt/sources.list and in every file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* I noticed that changing the omv-extras-org.list from: # OMV-Extras.org deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus jessie main # OMV-Extras.org Testing deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing jessie main to # # OMV-Extras.org deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus stretch main # OMV-Extras.org Testing deb https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing stre…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  14. A recent check of failed services showed me that following service failed: systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service Checking via journalctl I see this: Failed to write utmp record: No space left on device So far I understood it has to do with the space for the logs being full, I can delete logs to make place. My question is, how could I have that done by default in an easy way? The message itself doesn't bother my that much but I guess there are no new logs created if there's no space which isn't ideal.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.1k views
  15. Hi All, I might need your help with one issue I've encountered. I'm running debian with the 4.9.20 kernel on an Odroid XU4 board. I've compiled the kernel with the options for AppArmor enabled. The installed AppArmor version is the 2.10.95 (auditd is also installed in version 1:2.4-1+b1). ## Kernel Options ## CONFIG_SECURITY=y CONFIG_SECURITYFS=y CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y CONFIG_SECURITY_APPARMOR_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1 CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY_APPARMOR=y CONFIG_DEFAULT_SECURITY="apparmor" CONFIG_SECCOMP=y CONFIG_SECCOMP_FILTER=y CONFIG_AUDIT=y ## ## AppArmor itself is working without any issues. If I set…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.4k views
  16. Hi All! I was wondering if there is a proper way to deploy a freshly built armbian for Odroid XU4 on an eMMC? Unfortunately, the SD-Card version doesn't seem to work with the eMMC. After searching for this topic I couldn't find anythin in particular related to Odroid. Thanks, Viktor

  17. Started by mrneilypops,

    I am now testing armbian on my XU4 and...AMAZING...I have very little fan noise. I am using the Noctua fan as per; http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=15310 and I haven't even implemented the fan control script [yet]; https://github.com/nthx/odroid-xu3-fan-control Silence is golden... armbian ROCKS!

  18. Started by Petr Stehlík,

    The ChangeLog of Armbian says that overlayfs was added in V5.15. I got installed V5.20 (or actually an earlier and then apt-get upgraded) yet the overlayfs is not available (kernel 3.10.103-odroidxu4). I have even tried installing linux-*-next and *uboot*-next (not even knowing what the -next mean) but it didn't help, still no overlayfs in /proc/filesystems. Also, on reboot the Odroid is missing LAN connection randomly. It can be fixed by running dhclient manually but then the ethernet card is named by systemd. Normally it's eth0 and the networking works. I couldn't figure out what is the root cause of this issue, it seems random. I have also read in a ChangeLog that…

  19. Started by Gronfir,

    Hi all I'm currently using armbian on a Odroid-XU4 and to use a peripheral I need to patch the kernel. So to start that process i run: apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r) which failed: Unable to find a source package for linux-image-3.10.102-odroidxu4 I tried adding adding the sources by adding deb-src http://apt.armbian.com jessie main to the armbian.list but this is aparently not a thing. Do any of you have any idea where i can find a souce repository. Thanks in advance. edit: on a sidenote is 3.10.102 really the newest kernel available for this board using armbian?

  20. Hello. First of all, thanks for your work and images working for my board :) I am working on S912 game board (board is used for an arcade game hardware) and would like to install gpu drivers. My issue is I don't find any documentation about from official website (ARM) I also wanted to use Panfrost but no documentation exist for installation :( I visited many site and Learn a little about Deb package and dkms package. Now I have a few questions about Can I install deb without dkms or must I install also dkms? How I can install gpu drivers if files like make don't exist on officia…

  21. Dear All, I don't have much experience with the eMMC, and I wonder if I can flash this image: Armbian_22.11.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.225.img.xz directly into the eMMC through Etcher, or do you recommend DD instead? Thanks... 🙏

  22. Started by posix,

    Hello, I experimented with various OS-es for my new Odroid-XU4. From what I have learned I like armbian the best because it's the closest to the original debian. A clean, small, tuned up system with the possibility to switch back to sysvinit from system(d). What I would run on it is not a desktop environment but exactly Kodi. The XU4 comes with Ubuntu 16 LTS preloaded to sdcard and I can say this is the OS which maxes out the potential of this hardware. With this after an update & upgrade everything works out of the box: kodi, networking, hdmi-cec, hdmi-audio. With using the unofficial debian jessie for odroid: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=175…

  23. Started by sgjava,

    So I tried switching my MMIO GPIO to /dev/gpiomem from /dev/mem and it doesn't appear to support the GPZ block https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/hardware/expansion_connectors#con_11_-_2x6_pins The address is 0x03860000. Hard Kernel's wiringPi doesn't seem to support this either. Should this be a question I ask Hard Kernel folks? https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/software/gpio_register_map

  24. Hello, I set up an Odroid-HC1 running Armbian which works fine so far. But today I recognized htop only shows 8 CPUs of type .LITTLE running at a max of 1300Mhz while 4 of them were shown as .BIG CPUs with higher frequency before. The output of cat /proc/cpuinfo is: processor : 0 model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) BogoMIPS : 36.00 Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae CPU implementer : 0x41 CPU architecture: 7 CPU variant : 0x0 CPU part : 0xc07 CPU revision : 3 processor : 1 model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) BogoMIPS : 36.00 Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 t…

  25. I have my ODROID XU4 configured so that the SD /boot files boot the machine on a SSD formatted to ext4. This works fine with 4.9.30, but fails with the 4.9.33 kernel I installed today. The only useful message I see is that it can't find my SSD's uuid. The uuid is correct so I suspect that the kernel does not have or is not loading a USB driver. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to boot using the 4.9.33 kernel? Thanks, Michael

  26. Started by dieterpi,

    Hi all, I'm running a couple of ODroid XU4's as a server. Yesterday I ran an update and after this update the board no longer boots... (I was running Armbian Focal kernel 4 I have tested a 'fresh' armbian image and then the system boots without issues. I have saved what packages are updated and wonder if I would be able to restore this somehow? A log of the update (never mind the dutch) https://pastebin.com/WWP2DFfC I used to have kernal 5.4 on this board, but I downgraded about 6 months ago. Could that be the issue? Because in the log I read: Uitpakken van .../77-linux-image-current-odroidxu4_21.02.2_armhf.deb wordt …

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5k views
  27. Started by andoru,

    Does anyone know any way to fix the annoying way the fan works on this device? Even on idle load, the fan spins up every couple of minutes, keeps spinning for a few seconds, then turns off again, only to repeat a few minutes later. I can't even sleep in the same room the device is in... I've tried using this: https://github.com/f1vefour/odroid-xu4-fan-control And it hasn't really solved anything, as the fan cannot start on PWM values lower than 100... it instead makes squeaking noises. So having adjusted the script, nothing has really changed. Is there something I could do to fix this in software? Perhaps something that doesn't involve getting the heatsink …

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 8.1k views
  28. Started by matteobp,

    Hi. I have a Odroid XU4 with Ubuntu Bionic latest release (5.60), powered with this UPS: APC SmartUPS 750 VA. Apcupsd doesn't work. The problem seems related to the missing /dev/usb/hiddev0. After searching on Google, I found that apcupsd requires this feature enabled in the kernel. CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=Y I build my own kernel enabling it, but no change. Here the output of the command # dmesg | grep Smart [ 4.125553] usb 1-1.2: Product: Smart-UPS 750 FW:651.13.I USB FW:7.3 [ 4.205622] hid-generic 0003:051D:0002.0001: hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [American Power Conversion Smart-UPS 750 FW:651 On the Rock64 board it works without…

  29. My hardware: Odroid HC2 Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.31-current-odroidxu4 : My backup restoration → Has other issues too → But apt upgrade results in various size and hash mismatches. Offtopic: apt upgrade or sudo dpkg --configure -a always crash the system (since summer 2024, troubleshooting without success since christmas 2024) Ruled out HW failure 80-90%. My local apt/dpg cache was corrupted, thus at /var/lib/dpkg/ backed up info/ to info.bak/ and mkdir info/ afresh. And now sudo dpkg --configure -a completed successfully the very first time! But 2025-02-09 ca. 12:00 CET and also later the afternoon apt…

  30. Hello community! I have performed an update from armbian 11 to 12 and OMV 6 to 7 and completed it successfully so far. Unfortunately just the package armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4 was not upgraded due to a missing dependency: +++ The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4-current : Depends: base-files (>= 24.5.1) but 12.4+deb12u6 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. root@omv:~# sudo apt install 12.4+deb12u6 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package 12.4+deb1…

  31. HC2 here. Two last 6.1 kernels broke alsa : hw not accessible anymore. Aplay -l lists audio outputs but none may be used. Looks like an omission on kernel flags.. Reverted to Armbian Bullseye : exact same config, but working.

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  32. Hi, I have been running Armbian Buster on an Odroid HC1 for a while but today one upgrade is held back: The following packages have been kept back: libc-dev-bin 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 31 not upgraded. This is why: $ sudo apt install libc-dev-bin Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required: linux-libc-dev Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove it. Recommended packages: manpages manpages-dev The following packages will be REMOVED: armbian-config build-essential g++ g++-8 libc6-dev libstdc++-8-dev…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.5k views
  33. Started by andrewufrank,

    are there plans to produce a version of armbian for odroid hardware. the new xu4 seems to be amazingly fast... andrew

    • Reputation Points

    • 9 replies
    • 6.6k views
  34. I am using an odroid HC2 as home NAS for some years now. Software is armbian/XU4 in debian flavour. At the moment I am running bookworm (which was updated from buster to bullseye and then to bookworm - I know its not supported but it worked fine. And the problem described here started only some month after the last update). Some days ago I wanted to reboot the unit but it was stuck in the boot process. Not available by ssh or any other services. I then found out that the boot stopped because my hard disk could not be mounted from ftsab (while the sd card as root file system could be mounted). After commenting out the line it boots normally. And when logged in by ssh …

  35. Since 10 days I try to install NextcloudPi on Odroid HC1. Unfortunately neither the nextcloud image nor the armbian image boots on the Odroid HC1. Also an attempt with OMV failed. In my experience with the raspi, the sd card had to have a boot partition and a rootfs partition. Etcher and dd always create only one rootfs. The blue LED flashes: short, short, pause. Also exchanged hardware was unsuccessful (HC1 and SD cards).

  36. armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4-current is held back because base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf does not exist (again). As before, the fix seems to be wget https://apt.armbian.org/apt/pool/noble-utils/b/base-files/base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_amd64__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb wget https://apt.armbian.org/apt/pool/noble-utils/b/base-files/base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb dpkg-deb -x base-files_25.2.1-13ubuntu10-noble_armhf__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.deb armhf dpkg-deb -x base-files_25.2.2-13ubuntu10-noble_amd64__1-noble-1armbian1-Baa17-U13ubuntu10-R55fa.de…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
  37. I needed to downgrade from 4.19 back to 4.14 so I wanted to use armbian-config/system/other. It gave me an empty list. To fix that, in /usr/lib/armbian-config/functions.sh I needed to change the apt-cache command as follows: apt-cache show linux-image-next-odroidxu4 | grep -E "Package:|version:|Version:" | sed -n -e 's/^.*: //p' | sed 's/\.$//g' I added "-next-" That gave me a list, finally. Then the next issue: apt -s -y --allow-downgrades --no-install-recommends install linux-image-next-odroidxu4=5.60 linux-dtb-next-odroidxu4=5.60 failed with: E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not…

  38. armbianEnv.txt is missing from latest XU4 focal image Armbian_21.08.5_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.159_minimal.img. Should I just create on or use boot.ini?

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 2.2k views
  39. Started by gleam,

    Hi all! :-) To those who made the excellent work for my oroid! Well done, very well done! Well, just one point, maybe: Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: Starting Atop process accounting daemon... Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 atopacctd[17567]: /run/pacct_shadow.d: File exists Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: atopacct.service: PID file /run/atopacctd.pid not…ctory Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: Failed to start Atop process accounting daemon. Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: atopacct.service: Unit entered failed state. Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: atopacct.service: Failed with result 'resources'. Hint: Some lines wer…

  40. Started by ursa,

    Try to upgrade from 25.5.1 but base-files not present in repository. Missed again. @Igor can you fix it?

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  41. Title says it all. "_amd64" and "_arm64" are in the apt repository "_armhf" is missing.

    • Reputation Points

    • 8 replies
    • 4.2k views
  42. Started by Romeo,

    Hi, please, which core are You using on odroid HC2? I am running on HC2 only openmediavault, but i will try nextcloud in the docker - which core image is better for?

  43. Started by chrisf,

    I see the download page says there are USB 3 issues with the mainline kernel (and eMMC, which the board doesn't even have?) and serial console for legacy kernel is broken. I've also read that HMP isn't supported on mainline either. Which kernel is recommended for general mini server usage with an attached hard drive and the OS installed on the hard drive with SD only for boot? I'm thinking of replacing my old cubietruck with it, running nginx as an SSL web proxy and a little bit of web serving.

    • Reputation Points

    • 4 replies
    • 5.6k views
  44. Hi all, I wanted to do some cross arch builds on my newly installed Armbian on an Odroid-HC1 buuut, it seems binfmt_misc support is not enabled in the kernel. Can I enable it somehow without recompiling the kernel? Thank you for this great image, kernel 5.4, omg!

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3.1k views
  45. Started by Gabriel Souza,

    When I run the Linux kernel on the Odroid XU4 board, it enters a loop with this error during boot: U-Boot 2017.05-00008-g6a9ddb8303-dirty (May 19 2020 - 19:48:01 +0900) for ODROID-XU4 CPU: Exynos5422 @ 800 MHz Model: Odroid XU4 based on EXYNOS5422 Board: Odroid XU4 based on EXYNOS5422 Type: xu4 DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: EXYNOS DWMMC: 0, EXYNOS DWMMC: 1 MMC Device 0 ( SD ): 29.7 GiB mmc_init: -5, time 4 *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Net: No ethernet found. Press quickly 'Enter' twice to stop autoboot: 0 reading /boot.ini 2401 bytes read in 4 ms (585.9 KiB/s) ## Executing script at 43e00000 reading config.ini…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 5.8k views
  46. Started by Malbonulo,

    I've been running Armbian on an Odroid HC1 board for some time now. We've just had a kernel upgrade and it now boots as an XU4 according to the motd. This used to be changeable with armbian-config (I did this regularly on kernel updates). But, with the new armbian-config I can't find a way to do this any more. *edit A bit more info Running SY017 in armbian-config gives an empty list, and I get this error: ls: cannot access '/boot/dtb/overlay/*.dtbo': No such file or directory In fact /boot/dtb/overlay/ does not exist

  47. I attempted to file a bug using `reportbug`, but since the kernel package is from Armbian and the report went to Debian, I assume that is a dead end. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1137721 I will mostly copy/paste from that report, here, but I also ran `armbianmonitor -u`. https://paste.armbian.com/wenegucita I run a home backup server with a 1TB SSD attached to an ODroid HC1 board. There is no redundancy, but I do keep a limited history of snapshots, taken hourly and trimmed down to a small number of hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly snapshots. There should be at most about 20 snapshots ex…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  48. My board is Odroid HC1 Using balenaEtcher under Windows 10 I have instaled today Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.50_minimal.img.xz and also was trying before Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.187.img.xz. On both images I wanted to increase verbosity to 7 to see in serial console boot process. Changes in boot.ini are not used during boot until symlink /boot.ini is created which point to /boot/boot.ini Until this is done you will se uboot error that script /boot.ini is not found. Please add this symlink to images for XU4/HC1. Second issue is that editing armbianEnv.txt is not overwriting values in boot.ini. I ha…

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 5.2k views
  49. Hello I can not seem to get my USB Ethernet dongle with a r8152b chip to work on the latest armbian focal release. I tied both kernels 4.14.y. and 5.4.y with no luck. It works on "clean" ubuntu focal when i first plug it it without drivers and when i add the drivers. I am also posting in the odroid fourms here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=38713&p=306027#p306027 I am following these directions: tar -xf r8152.53.56-2.13.0.tar.bz2 cd r8152-2.13.0 make sudo make install lsmod | grep r8 If this works, and if the module does not load at reboot, add "r8152" in modules.conf: sudo vi /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf…

    • Reputation Points

    • 6 replies
    • 6.2k views
  50. Started by zsolt,

    I installed a Debian Jessie on an Odroid HC1, and trying to connect an encrypted disk to it via USB. blkid lists the device: # blkid /dev/sdb1: UUID="2288876d-0fe8-4b5a-b7d1-1660df8b2e25" TYPE="crypto_LUKS" PARTUUID="c8895b7f-01" but when I try to open it with luksOpen: # cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdb1 sdb1_crypted Enter passphrase for /dev/sda1: After entering the passphrase (and Enter), it hangs. The SSH connection times out after 1-2 minutes (where to enlarge?) and there is no HDMI on the HC1, so I am left blind. The disk was created and used in another system and worked perfectly on a Raspberry PI and my Linux PC. I created a key file and added…

  51. Started by superpat,

    Hi, I am trying to get my Xu4 to boot from an emmc card, I am using Armbian Bionic mainline kernel 4.9.y. I can write this to SD card, and it boots and runs OK. I prepared the emmc card using the inbuilt system nand-sata-install script. The emmc card will not boot. I tried a couple of other iso.s same non result. Checking the forum I found this thread started last year:- This thread was HIJACKED by Tkaiser , who turned it into a discussion about OMV, and I cannot see a successful conclusion to the original boot problem! Please can you advise me of the method to get my emmc card to boot on my xu4, using the curre…

  52. Started by igagis,

    Hi, I'm trying to run weston on Odroid XU4, but it does not start. Seems something is wrong with GPU drivers. I have installed "Armbian 25.2.1 Bookworm Minimal" image and then installed weston via apt. Then, trying to run the weston fails with error: Date: 2025-04-13 UTC [13:47:44.248] weston 10.0.1 https://wayland.freedesktop.org Bug reports to: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/issues/ Build: 10.0.1 [13:47:44.249] Command line: weston [13:47:44.249] OS: Linux, 6.6.81-current-odroidxu4, #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 30 15:59:39 UTC 2024, armv7l [13:47:44.249] Flight recorder: enabled…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  53. Started by Dombo 71,

    Dear all. After a update/upgrade and dist-upgrade.. a few weeks a go i think there is something going wrong on my Xu4 After every update and upgrade i still get the same errors: root@odroidxu4:~# sudo apt-get update Err:1 http://apt.armbian.com xenial InRelease Could not resolve 'apt.armbian.com' Err:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com' Err:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com' Err:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com' Err:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com…

  54. Hi, I am running Armbian on four HardKernel HC2's and everything is working perfectly. The four SBC's are running a Moosefs cluster running Ubuntu 18.04 and Armbian 5.85, and this leads to my questions: I am trying to decide whether to upgrade as apt is proposing moving to 5.89 The change log does not currently list 5.89 and shows 5.87 as the newest. Am I missing something? When I look at previous change logs it is difficult to decipher which fixes impact the HC2/HC1/XU4. Is there an easy way to tell? How do you decide when to upgrade? Is it even worth upgrading when running more mature boards like this one? My boards run insi…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.1k views
  55. I am trying to set up serial communications over the CON10 connector (UART0 pins 4,5,6,8) to another board (BeagleBone Black) to transmit data parsed as strings between the boards. Based on this link, this should correspond to /dev/ttySAC0. I have been unsuccessful in achieving communication via these pins and device node. In using setserial to probe the port settings, I was concerned about the following output: setserial /dev/ttySAC0 /dev/ttySAC0, UART: undefined, Port: 0x0000, IRQ 83 In using dmesg to probe for more information, I found an identifier for SAC0: dmesg | egrep -i 'serial|tty' [ 1.020896] [c4] 12c00000.serial: ttySAC0 at MMIO 0x12…

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 2.7k views
  56. Started by jshc1,

    Hi The problem with Odroid HC1 is that BIG cores cannot go higher than 1.50Ghz and LITTLE cores cannot go higher than 900Mhz! Why is the CPU so throttled now? This sbc can and could work at higher clock speeds without any problems. Forcing 2Ghz and 1.50Ghz via cpupower does not help... Bullseye A 23.8.27 K 6.6.31

  57. Hello, i am using an Odroid Xu4 in an open Access environment and i want to disable USB Keyboards. I already tried the following: Create a file called, e.g., usbhid.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/ and add the following line: blacklist usbhid Then re-generate your initramfs with: update-initramfs -u -k $(uname -r) or, if you want to rebuild the initramfs for all installed kernel versions: update-initramfs -u -k all After you reboot, usbhid.ko will be prevented from loading. But it doesn't work for me. I Also get an Error while trying to update initramfs dirtydroid@odroidxu4:~$ sudo update-initramfs -u -k all ln: failed to create hard link …

  58. I've flashed: Armbian_25.2.0-trunk.193_Odroidxu4_trixie_current_6.6.65_minimal.img to my eMMC. It boots fine, but after a "armbian-upgrade" it will give a kernel panic upon reboot. I think the new kernel is borked.

  59. Just doing maintenance tonight on my boxen, regular `apt upgrade && apt update` on ODROID-XU4 and I noticed Debian upgraded to latest kernel (5.8 or whatever). I go look in boot and notice `uInitrd' is pointing at the new Debian version (instead of Armbian version): drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 15 19:53 . drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Nov 15 19:50 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 65 Nov 15 19:28 armbianEnv.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1536 Jun 4 15:24 armbian_first_run.txt.template -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38518 Jun 4 15:24 boot.bmp -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4882 Jun 4 15:24 boot-desktop.png -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12479 Jun 4 …

  60. So I have this issue with the XU4, where at times when I start device from the main power button, it doesn't seem to properly connect to the LAN, in such a way that I cannot ssh to it, nor ping it. Since the device is headless, and I can't control it through LAN, I have no way of looking at dmesg during the problematic boots. Are there specific logs I could look at to diagnose this problem?

  61. Hello everybody, I'm very new to the topic 'armbian' and yet excited. Just played with the BananaPi and downloaded the distro from the first link I got (light/mainline I think). Now I have bought an Odroid XU4 and want to build a Home-Server / NAS with it, wondering which distro to choose. Of course without the heavy-load desktop, but (xenial) next oder default? Thank you. Regards AXEL

  62. Started by endecotp,

    Hi Everyone, I'm considering getting an ODROID-HC1 to use as a simple NAS. Is this a good idea? (Yes, some of you will have seen my very similar post about the Espressobin!) My requirements are quite basic; a single SATA SSD and a single ethernet port, running NFS and Samba. I do need a newish version of Samba (required to support "Time Machine" backup from my Mac) which I believe is in Debian Buster but not in Stretch. I've been a Debian user for decades; I guess I might be happier if the hardware supplier provided a Debian image, but it's great that Armbian is available. I note that Armbian Buster for this board is described as "Testing"; should I wait for a bit…

  63. Hi guys, this is something that I would like to achieve if feasible. I remember that other OS like "RetroPie Arena" support GPU acceleration, thanks. Any documentation to read? Thanks! 🙏

  64. Dear all.problem with my Xu4My router is a bit buggy..[ i think or my isp ]When my isp has a hick in the wan lineMy Xu4 does not automatic reconnect with my lanIs there a option to auto reconnect when there is a connection lose Now i reboot the xu4 manually and then is working everything fine'I use the latest armbian on my Xu4

  65. I just got a new XU4 and I tried to run both the official ubuntu 18.04 image with linux 4.14 and the armbian stretch 4.14 image (both minimal). I can hear a constant electrical squeaky noise (similar to noise from certain power supplies, usb chargers, etc) coming from the XU4 when running Armbian. The same noise is not present in the Ubuntu image. This occurs immediately after first boot (no additional configuration) and is constantly there. This is especially noticeable when the fan is off. Has anyone experienced this before?

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  66. Guest

    Hi, I froze kernel to Linux 4.14.222-odroidxu4 as my Odroid-HC1 couldn't be sometime reach with ssh when updating kernel. I get that after reboot and doing apt update, N: Ignoring file '02-armbian-periodic.distrib' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension This file is apparently created again as I remove it each time. Laurent

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.6k views
  67. The UN-official, UN-supported, UN-timely, UN-derrated... Exynos 5422 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT Yes, the script is somewhat untimely, because it comes when including kernel 4.14 in Armbian next images is getting troublesome. And underrated, because this old SoC seems to be losing the focus of attention in favor of some more modern powerful ones. But it is still a great SoC, and it is worth trying to get the best out of it. The script will provide the installation of all the libraries and system configurations necessary for GPU accelerated X desktop, Chromium WebGL,VPU decoding/encoding acceleration through MFC, and GLES 3.1 / OpenCL 1.1 support. …

  68. Am getting very interested in Armbian for a classroom server project and am experiencing an odd problem. Certain web pages in Firefox will cause the hd to 'click' loudly, then the desktop icon disappears and the whole system locks up for about 20 seconds until the desktop icon reappears then everything seems fine again. I have not been able to pin down what is happening because it's inconsistent which pages cause the problem. (viewing the preview for this post caused it to happen.) Might go an hour, might happen several times in a few minutes. Right now my plan is to start from scratch a new Armbian install because I did to some messing…

    • Reputation Points

    • 5 replies
    • 4.2k views
  69. Started by ThomasD,

    Hello, Version 5.4.0-odroidxu4 #19.11.3.342 If I use this command: sudo swapoff -a sudo swapon -a Swap switch off, but not on again. Only after reboot, swap is on again. regards ThomasD

  70. Started by DanT,

    Hello. I freshly installed bullseye from the other supported variant links for an odroid XU4. When trying to get docker daemon running, it looked like the ip_tables module and br_netfilter modules weren't available in the kernel. I think I have sorted out ip_tables (modprobe doesn't return any problems now), but docker's daemon is still showing a problem when running dockerd (with debug level info in the daemon.json file): Running modprobe bridge br_netfilter failed with message: modprobe: WARNING: Module bridge not found in directory /lib/modules/5.19.10-armmp-lpae When executing systemctl status docker.service ... …

    • Reputation Points

    • 2 replies
    • 3.9k views
  71. Spoiler [58531.860637] lowmem_reserve[]: 0 0 0 [58531.860654] Normal: 56*4kB (H) 44*8kB (H) 48*16kB (H) 37*32kB (H) 14*64kB (H) 1*128kB (H) 0*256kB 0*512kB 0*1024kB 0*2048kB 0*4096kB = 3552kB [58531.860733] HighMem: 27*4kB (UM) 42*8kB (C) 1*16kB (C) 0*32kB 0*64kB 0*128kB 0*256kB 0*512kB 0*1024kB 0*2048kB 0*4096kB = 460kB [58531.860786] 304403 total pagecache pages [58531.860790] 15267 pages in swap cache [58531.860794] Swap cache stats: add 382457, delete 367190, find 125239/202183 [58531.860798] Free swap = 1630472kB [58531.860801] Total swap = 2097148kB [58531.860805] 518656 pages RAM [58531.860809] 322048 pages HighMem/MovableOnly [58531.860813] 8201 pages re…

    • Reputation Points

    • 1 reply
    • 3k views
  72. W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/apt.armbian.com_dists_jessie_jessie-utils_binary-armhf_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 5780 5784 W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian_dists_jessie-backports_main_binary-armhf_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 1122303 1123712 Get this when first doing apt update after fresh install. HC1 Jesse. I assumed at first it was network error, but this is consistent. Have downloaded and checksummed successful. Assumed then it was the SD card, replaced and have now tried several. Power supply is solid. I believe the hardware and bandwidth / router are fine. Simply repeat ap…

  73. Hello, playing around with the HC1 I noticed the lack of the nbd driver within this image. Because of the good documentation and the excellent build chain system I was able quickly to build a installation image solving my needs. My question: are there plans to add the settings necessary for nbd driver generation to the image build configuration ? Otherwise I would have to take care in case of armbian kernel updates. Thanks in advance, Joe62

  74. Started by belegdol,

    I tried updating my kernel to self-built 5.4.173 as usual. I got some errors during installation due to low space on /boot, but after removing leftovers of 5.4.168 the installation worked as expected. Something went wrong though, as my HC1 no longer boots. This is shown via UART: All the files seem to be on the SD card: $ ls -l insgesamt 32447 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 64 8. Jan 16:27 armbianEnv.txt -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 6. Sep 2019 armbianEnv.txt.out -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1536 29. Mai 2018 armbian_first_run.txt.template -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 38518 29. Mai 2018 boot.bmp -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 4882 29. Mai 2018 boot-desktop.p…

    • Reputation Points

    • 39 replies
    • 13.8k views
  75. Hi, On Odroid HC1 512GB SSD with Armbian_20.02.1_Odroidxu4_stretch_legacy_4.14.170 I've got great SSD SATA samba write speed - 110 MB/s! But I have poor only 35MB/s on Armbian_20.02.1_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.19_minimal With Armbian_20.02.1_Odroidxu4_bullseye_current_5.4.19 I have the same poor 35MB/s speed. I've done three identical installations using my checklist: Spoiler #Armbian install on Odroid HC1 # Flash Armbian_<>.img #Upgrade apt update apt upgrade #Move rootfs to SSD # Make rootfs partition fdisk /dev/sda # Make filesystems …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.4k views
  76. I have some HC1 running since last year. Before going into production I did SATA install, NEXT kernel, firmware and stretch update (I need that) and all updates offered through apt since then. I have read about newer armbian releases that my machines do not load and further HC1 optimization which I can´t find in my armbian-config. I wonder whether my setup will receive proper updates. It would be quite a hassle to reinstall. Now I have: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.9.61-odroidxu4 Linux HC1 4.9.61-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 22 16:34:23 CET 2017 armv7l cat /etc/apt/sources.list deb http:/…

  77. Hi, I get this error message on armbian / omv 4 to mail: "run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/armbian-ram-logging exited with return code 1" Does anyone have a solution?

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3k views
  78. If I boot my Odroid XU4 without the HDMI cable connected, my HDMI display does not work. If I boot with the HDMI cable and monitor connected, the HDMI display works fine even if it is disconnected and reconnected. I am running debian buster. deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster main contrib non-free I have compared the dmesg output from when HDMI works and does not work and do not see a difference. In case it helps, here are all of the dmesg lines with HDMI in them. root@odroidxu4:~# grep -i hdmi dmesg_hdmi_works_usb_hdmi_plugged_in_at_boot.txt [ 0.000000] Kernel command line: console=ttySAC2,115200n8 console=tty1 co…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 3.2k views
  79. Hello, my OMV installation on Odroid HC1 is currently at kernel 4.14.111 which is a bit outdated now. Looking at the build config [1], the kernel is fetched from hardkernel [2] which is currently at 4.14.127. What needs to happen to bring the kernel up-to-date? I have been doing packaging for Fedora for quite a while now so I am happy to help if needed. [1] https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/odroidxu4.conf [2] https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tree/odroidxu4-4.14.y

  80. Hi, I'm using the minimal Armbian Debian-based image as a starting point to install my favorite desktop environment KDE and related software. I've got everything set up so that I got it working partially. I remember trying the Armbian desktop (Ubuntu flavor) but it did not have it set up out of the box IIRC (I could be wrong). I took a look at how the hardkernel guys set up their official Ubuntu image for Odroid XU4 and used that as a guide to set it up on my minimal Armbian. So here's what I've done and what I've learned I need to do according to the official image: 1. apt install mali-t62x-x11-driver xserver-xorg-video-armsoc-sun4i …

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 6k views
  81. Started by memeka,

    The Armbian htop fork doesn’t show the cores frequencies. Is this a known problem? The frequencies are available like on any other computer in the sysfs entries (cpufreq driver).

    • Reputation Points

    • 10 replies
    • 7.8k views
  82. Started by tpanum,

    Hello, I have been struggling with this for a while, found some replies on the other communities but I simply cannot get Wireguard up and running on my Odroid HC2 with Armbian. Running... echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unstable-wireguard.list printf 'Package: *\nPin: release a=unstable\nPin-Priority: 90\n' > /etc/apt/preferences.d/limit-unstable apt update apt install -y linux-headers-odroidxu4 wireguard yields... Loading new wireguard-0.0.20181218 DKMS files... dpkg: warning: version '3.10.106-odroidxu4 4.19.14' has bad syntax: invalid character in revision number Building f…

  83. Armbian Bookworm 25.8.1. (minimal) Odroid XU4 with 32GB eMMc After lots of searching and trying 2017 Hardkernel solutions and github etc - And this forum suggestions - I could never get get it to boot. I think this is partly because things have changed since 2016/17. I did not have my eMMc on an usb adapter. Just installed, brand new (untouched from China) eMMc and a imaage install on MicroSD of Armbian. The method I believed should work was "armbian-install". But, it had errors while using mkpartimage. I put debug statements in the script and found the particular instance of invoking mkpartimage. Actually the issue is; 2 files…

    • Reputation Points

    • 0 replies
    • 4.2k views
  84. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hi, I've got since several days an issue with armbian-truncate-logs. I received mail alerts from cron as this one, error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log.hdd/mysql/mysql.log /var/log.hdd/mysql/mysql-slow.log +/var/log.hdd/mysql/mariadb-slow.log /var/log.hdd/mysql/error.log ' error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log.hdd/nginx/*.log ' How to debug that? Laurent

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4.3k views
  85. Hi, I'm running OMV on Odroid HC2. I updated to OMV 7.7.1. Armbian to 24.5.1 with Linux kernel 6.6.31-current-odroid-xu4. After reboot the server started to act very slow. I tried to reapply the DBT for HC1/2 via armbian-config but this did not help. armbian-config says I'm on ondemand governor between 200-200 MHz. What could be the issue? Actually my system says I should run dpkg --configure -a but this command hang here and the system reboots after few seconds... steakhutzeee@dk:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a [sudo] password for steakhutzeee: Setting up containerd.io (1.6.33-1) ... …

  86. Started by silverplate,

    after installing armbian on my odroid-xu4-box and about one hour later the screen was going black. But I was not able to get back the running X-Session. So I rebootet as first and as next step I disabled the xdg-screensaver to off, but with no succes - the screen goes black again and neither a moving of the mouse nor a touch the keyboard brings the screan back to activity. So - now what can I do here ? The same behavior appears, if I switch off the screen, if I wanna make a pause for some times. After controlling the xdg-screensaver status I get "off". So it seems, that no screensver is active and running. Which process produces this behavior ? Hope anyone …

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 4k views
  87. I've tried nand-sata-install on Armbian_22.05.3_Odroidxu4_jammy_current_5.4.199.img and Armbian_22.05.3_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.199.img. Right at the end of running nand-sata-install there's an error. If I try to install anything after nand-sata-install it will hang or the SSD will go into read only mode. To be safe I tested various SD cards and USB to SATA controllers. sed: can't read /boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory sed: can't read /boot/boot.cmd: No such file or directory Error while creating U-Boot loader image with mkimage umount: /mnt/nand-sata-install.wwpusQ/bootfs: not mounted.

  88. Just using ubuntu and want to change to ambian ASAP

  89. Please forgive me if it is a stupid question, but what is preventing us from keeping n previous kernels installed in case an update is broken and does not boot? Fedora does it, Ubuntu does too. In general it should be simpler to boot a previous kernel than to try to pull the SD card and fix it in a second machine.

  90. Started by nattyg,

    I wonder if anyone can help. I have downloaded the latest build for my odroid-xu4 and have the kernel version 4.9.51-odroidxu4. The trouble is I cannot find any where the kernel headers for this particular version. The kernel headers that come with the dist is 4.9.31-odroidxu4 and when I do apt-get kernel-headers-$(uname -r) or apt-get kernel-headers-next I get version 5.0.33 and I cannot seem to download the version that I need to compile drivers. Anyone know where the version 4.9.51-odroidxu4 linux headers are? Thanks

  91. I have an array of HC2's running lizardfs. The other units are running 5.4.72-odroidxu4 kernels, but I dared to upgrade one to 5.8.16-odroidxu4 Only this one unit threw a Since the other units didn't I show anything in their logs, I have to assume it isn't because a process running away or a memory leak. line of fstab to mount the spinning rust drive: UUID=be95e207-1768-4fd9-bda9-ddc126a47d50 /chunks/be95e207-1768-4fd9-bda9-ddc126a47d50 xfs rw,noexec,nodev,noatime,nodiratime,largeio,inode64 0 2 Can't think of any additional info that would be useful. If someone has suggestions, i would be interested.

  92. I just installed latest Jammy on XU-4 and it was running fine off SD. Then I did nand-sata-install and you can see below what happened. This used to work fine with older versions. sudo hdparm -Tt /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 2 MB in 5.54 seconds = 369.48 kB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 2 MB in 10.33 seconds = 198.19 kB/sec

  93. Started by ynotssor,

    Greetings, I am trying to install zoneminder into the most recent, updated and upgraded Buster Armbian image on an Odroid XU4, but libmp4v2-2 is required, and doesn't exist in any repository that I can find. Where may I find an Armbian-Buster-compatible libmp4v2-2, please?

  94. Hey guys! I am running Armbian 22.05.3 on my Odroid XU4. Very happy with it. I just installed linux-image-edge-odroidxu4 (kernel 5.17) and rebooted. Everything hunky dory. However, once I'm on 5.17 I am unable to reboot by using the 'reboot' or 'shutdown -r now' commands, which worked on the default 5.4 kernel. Is this a known issue? Any hints on how to debug or any known workarounds? Thank you

    • Reputation Points

    • 3 replies
    • 3.1k views
  95. Does someone know why the kernel reverted to 4.9.* from 4.14.*?

  96. Guest Spooky4672
    Started by Guest Spooky4672,

    Hi, I was wondering if there is a build of Armbian for the Odroid xu4 with a more recent Linux version. I currently have 3.10. It is super old ... Thanks in advance

  97. Started by sgjava,

    Using Armbian_25.8.1_Odroidxu4_noble_current_6.6.102.img I can boot off SD. Then when I run nand-sata-install it sharts and comes up with initramfs prompt. I'll try to fix it there next time, but I'm just using a 3.5" SATA laptop disk with USB controller. .oading, please wait.. .tarting systemd-udevd version 255.4-1ubuntu0.11 .begin: Loading essential drivers ... done. .begin: Running /scripts/init-premount ... done. .begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done. .begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... done. .begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done. done. Save up waiting for root…

  98. Started by IsortedIT,

    Can anyone help me convert an Orange Pi image to run on my new Odroid XU4 as I need it running on the older kernal ARMBIAN 5.31 stable Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 3.4.113-sun8i The newer Kernal has a few small issues that cause a problem for my setup.

  99. Started by DanOB,

    I recently noticed my ODroid XU4 was reporting weird temperature readings: cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp -22000 Is this a software issue or maybe hardware failing? Also, I would like to upgrade, is there another board I could just transfer my EMMC to and be up and running? Thanks

  100. Hello, i prepared a microsd card with the Armbian_5.90_Odroidxu4_Debian_buster_next_4.14.127 image and started my ODROID XU4. However the problem encountered is the failure of the NetworkManager, which of course is a main service to operate the ODROIDXU4. Sofar ARMBIAN images had been very reliable and stable in the past. The failure of starting the Network Manager something unusual for ARMBIAN. Enclosed you'll find a error messages. I appreciate very much your help and supporting comments! regards, Ireng

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.