Odroid XU4
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
233 topics in this forum
-
Dear all, thanks for the work of you, to provide us with the Armbian Images for our arm-based boards. BUt i've a small issue, starting the last Image for Odroid XU4. If I write the Image to a SD-Card and start the XU4, all Things run well. When I write the Image to my eMMC-Card (original Hardkernel, 64GB), the XU4 doesn't start. Normally, it's not such a big Problem, but there is a massive speedup, using eMMC with XU4. How can I get Armbian startet, installed on an eMMC? Many thanks for your Support, Burkhard
-
Reputation Points
- 77 replies
- 68.2k views
- 7 followers
-
-
The UN-official, UN-supported, UN-timely, UN-derrated... Exynos 5422 MEDIA TESTING SCRIPT Yes, the script is somewhat untimely, because it comes when including kernel 4.14 in Armbian next images is getting troublesome. And underrated, because this old SoC seems to be losing the focus of attention in favor of some more modern powerful ones. But it is still a great SoC, and it is worth trying to get the best out of it. The script will provide the installation of all the libraries and system configurations necessary for GPU accelerated X desktop, Chromium WebGL,VPU decoding/encoding acceleration through MFC, and GLES 3.1 / OpenCL 1.1 support. …
-
Reputation Points
- 34 replies
- 39.5k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hello, I have been struggling with this for a while, found some replies on the other communities but I simply cannot get Wireguard up and running on my Odroid HC2 with Armbian. Running... echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unstable-wireguard.list printf 'Package: *\nPin: release a=unstable\nPin-Priority: 90\n' > /etc/apt/preferences.d/limit-unstable apt update apt install -y linux-headers-odroidxu4 wireguard yields... Loading new wireguard-0.0.20181218 DKMS files... dpkg: warning: version '3.10.106-odroidxu4 4.19.14' has bad syntax: invalid character in revision number Building f…
-
Reputation Points
- 51 replies
- 35k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I had succeeded install last version of Armbian on Odroid XU4. I have WiFi USB dongle Realtek RTL8812AU chipset (ID = 0bda:8812) I see it $ lsusb Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0bda:8812 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8812AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN Adapter $ dmesg | grep -i usb [ 9.630704] [c5] RTL871X: rtl8812au v4.2.5_10143.20140103_ASUS [ 9.887562] [c5] usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8812au [18812.680134] [c2] RTL871X: nolinked power save leave but no Wifi interface Could anyone please help solve it
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 28.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
My hardware: Odroid HC2 Armbian 24.5.1 Bookworm with Linux 6.6.31-current-odroidxu4 : My backup restoration → Has other issues too → But apt upgrade results in various size and hash mismatches. Offtopic: apt upgrade or sudo dpkg --configure -a always crash the system (since summer 2024, troubleshooting without success since christmas 2024) Ruled out HW failure 80-90%. My local apt/dpg cache was corrupted, thus at /var/lib/dpkg/ backed up info/ to info.bak/ and mkdir info/ afresh. And now sudo dpkg --configure -a completed successfully the very first time! But 2025-02-09 ca. 12:00 CET and also later the afternoon apt…
-
Reputation Points
- 53 replies
- 20.7k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hello, i prepared a microsd card with the Armbian_5.90_Odroidxu4_Debian_buster_next_4.14.127 image and started my ODROID XU4. However the problem encountered is the failure of the NetworkManager, which of course is a main service to operate the ODROIDXU4. Sofar ARMBIAN images had been very reliable and stable in the past. The failure of starting the Network Manager something unusual for ARMBIAN. Enclosed you'll find a error messages. I appreciate very much your help and supporting comments! regards, Ireng
-
Reputation Points
- 36 replies
- 20.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My HC1 after changing from 4.14.157 to 5.4.6 using armbian-config is not able to get up ... zero response, no boot Does HC1 work with kernel 5 and boot, can anyone confirm?
-
Reputation Points
- 40 replies
- 18.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi, I've just ordered a Xu4 to use it as a desktop and I have never used armbian before. Is webgl is running fine in chromium browser? I want to run Construct 3 on it. Thanks in advance!
-
Reputation Points
- 37 replies
- 17.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Dear all.problem with my Xu4My router is a bit buggy..[ i think or my isp ]When my isp has a hick in the wan lineMy Xu4 does not automatic reconnect with my lanIs there a option to auto reconnect when there is a connection lose Now i reboot the xu4 manually and then is working everything fine'I use the latest armbian on my Xu4
-
Reputation Points
- 24 replies
- 17.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just a little question: I'm new with this device, but not with armbian. Tested the Image for HC1 and it works fine, but if i try to boot root filesystem from sata device (using armbian-config, sata install) it didn't boot. Anyone tested that with success? Thx
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 17.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
All credit goes to @jshc1, I only found this info in this post and split it off here so it could more easily be found later. I am not sure if this applies only to ODROID-XU4 or other Odroids as well.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 16.6k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I tried updating my kernel to self-built 5.4.173 as usual. I got some errors during installation due to low space on /boot, but after removing leftovers of 5.4.168 the installation worked as expected. Something went wrong though, as my HC1 no longer boots. This is shown via UART: All the files seem to be on the SD card: $ ls -l insgesamt 32447 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 64 8. Jan 16:27 armbianEnv.txt -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 0 6. Sep 2019 armbianEnv.txt.out -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1536 29. Mai 2018 armbian_first_run.txt.template -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 38518 29. Mai 2018 boot.bmp -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 4882 29. Mai 2018 boot-desktop.p…
-
Hi Everyone, I'm considering getting an ODROID-HC1 to use as a simple NAS. Is this a good idea? (Yes, some of you will have seen my very similar post about the Espressobin!) My requirements are quite basic; a single SATA SSD and a single ethernet port, running NFS and Samba. I do need a newish version of Samba (required to support "Time Machine" backup from my Mac) which I believe is in Debian Buster but not in Stretch. I've been a Debian user for decades; I guess I might be happier if the hardware supplier provided a Debian image, but it's great that Armbian is available. I note that Armbian Buster for this board is described as "Testing"; should I wait for a bit…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 13.3k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hello Everyone, As @tkaiser is probably aware from the hardkernel forum, I'm having issues with USB/SMART and OMV. Basically, USB resets whenever SMART data is pulled from OMV's web interface, it works fine if I manually do it in shell. Here is some info. http://sprunge.us/HdbK I was proposed to update smartmontools to 6.5, but there are library dependencies that are missing. If any of you fine folks have any ideas as to what could be causing it, I would be grateful. Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 13.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I received 2 same boards recently. One is working great, second has suffered from unexpected shutdowns. Rpimonitor has not recorded this high temperatures yet, maximum temperature recorded is not more than 90C. SoC has been utilized on 100% with ffmpeg video conversion and other tasks. I run these board on Jessie or Bionic system and have tested mainline stable and beta kernel. These board have got passive heatsink however I put 80x80 quiet slower fan on the top of heatsink, thermal compound is replaced for silver one without making problem solved. Spoiler cat /var/log/syslog | grep critical May 27 23:32:30 localhost kernel: [ 10.1…
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 12.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I tried to install armbian to my internal sata drive (SSD: Samsung Evo 850). But the device fails to boot after the root fs is moved. I used the command nand-sata-install with following option: Boot from SD - system on SATA or USB I tried different filesystem formats (ext4, btrfs) and armbian builds: Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Debian_jessie_next_4.9.71 (stable) Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.9.71 (stable) Armbian_5.41_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.9.83 (self-built) I dont have a terminal adapter to access the boot logs. Any hints how to get additional information or to fix this issue?
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 11.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi! short question: Best way to create a bootable clone of sd card? I did some reading and found ">>create image on windows >> shrink image via gparted" doesn't work for me since I dont have a second computer running linux (will the linux subsystem on windows 10 help?). In the past, I used the rpi-clone on a raspberry, but reading in this forum has taught me that hotcloning an armbian sd card via script is not necessarily safe. Computers availabel to me are: 1) odroid hc2 running armbian 2) acer laptop running windows 10
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 11.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Armbian Users I'm french, so excuse my poor english I'm having hard times installing Ubiquiti Unifi Controller on Armbian (running on a XU4) Armbian version : Armbian_5.59_Odroidxu4_Debian_stretch_next_4.14.66 I followed different tutorial, but no luck with those no brain tutorial. I must be retarded MongoDB is giving me a hard time, broken dependencies and so on. I understood that some managed to do it with Armbian based on Ubuntu. No luck eitheir for me. I did add the mongodb repository for 3.6 version, which support arm64 architecture. Apt never gave me the ability to install the mongodb-org package an…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 11.1k views
-
-
Hi, I have recently installed armbian-config on my HC1 running OMV and switched to -current kernel from -legacy. Unfortunately, now whenever I soft-reboot following a kernel update, the sda drive is missing: [ 6.161366] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage [ 6.180240] scsi host0: uas [ 6.181260] usbcore: registered new interface driver uas [ 6.182155] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access JMicron Generic 3102 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6 [ 6.193271] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Unit Not Ready [ 6.193290] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Sense Key : 0x4 [current] [ 6.193302] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] ASC=0x44 <<vendor>>ASCQ=0x81 [ 6.194247] sd 0:0:…
-
Reputation Points
- 23 replies
- 10.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all I'm currently using armbian on a Odroid-XU4 and to use a peripheral I need to patch the kernel. So to start that process i run: apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r) which failed: Unable to find a source package for linux-image-3.10.102-odroidxu4 I tried adding adding the sources by adding deb-src http://apt.armbian.com jessie main to the armbian.list but this is aparently not a thing. Do any of you have any idea where i can find a souce repository. Thanks in advance. edit: on a sidenote is 3.10.102 really the newest kernel available for this board using armbian?
-
Reputation Points
- 20 replies
- 10.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does someone know why the kernel reverted to 4.9.* from 4.14.*?
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 10.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
My end game is to use hardware h264 encoding for my security camera streams (using OpenCV, etc) . The first step is testing ffmpeg. It appears that all the necessary pieces are already present in the release I'm using. If I use: ffmpeg -i centaur_2.mpg -acodec aac -vcodec h264 -b:v 2M -pix_fmt nv21 test.mp4 CPU stays below 12% and I get 44 FPS. Seems like hardware encoding is working here. If I use: ffmpeg -i centaur_2.mpg -acodec aac -vcodec h264_v4l2m2m -b:v 2M -pix_fmt nv21 test.mp4 About the same performance, but the file is 10x larger! If I use: ffmpeg -i centaur_2.mpg -acodec aac -vc…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 10.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
I’m running jammy and (I think) I’d like to upgrade to bullseye. But I can’t find a procedure for doing so. I’m guessing I can’t just dist-upgrade since jammy is Ubuntu and bullseye is Debian? I’ve googled for a procedure and searched this forum as well but I’m not finding a procedure. While searching this forum, I saw lots of topics where people had problems after upgrading to bullseye. Should I even do the upgrade? I don’t have much invested in the jammy install so far. Aside from running through armbian-config and getting all the settings the way I want them, the only things I’ve done are 1) installed Docker and 2) installed docker-compose. The latter was …
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 10.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've been running Armbian on an Odroid HC1 board for some time now. We've just had a kernel upgrade and it now boots as an XU4 according to the motd. This used to be changeable with armbian-config (I did this regularly on kernel updates). But, with the new armbian-config I can't find a way to do this any more. *edit A bit more info Running SY017 in armbian-config gives an empty list, and I get this error: ls: cannot access '/boot/dtb/overlay/*.dtbo': No such file or directory In fact /boot/dtb/overlay/ does not exist
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 9.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I suffered a power outage and my odroid hc1 won't boot since. I also updated the kernel to 4.14.141 but the system did come back up after reboot to that kernel, it is just the power outage which seems to have caused problems. I have tried connecting the sd card and the to the laptop and ran fsck on them, no issues were found. Is there a way to debug the booting issues by say, forcing some sort of log to be writen to sd card? LED wise, red (power) LED is on, whereas green (SATA) and blue (system) seem to turn on and off repeatedly; green first, blue second, and then they both turn off at the same time. Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 9.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Since 10 days I try to install NextcloudPi on Odroid HC1. Unfortunately neither the nextcloud image nor the armbian image boots on the Odroid HC1. Also an attempt with OMV failed. In my experience with the raspi, the sd card had to have a boot partition and a rootfs partition. Etcher and dd always create only one rootfs. The blue LED flashes: short, short, pause. Also exchanged hardware was unsuccessful (HC1 and SD cards).
-
Reputation Points
- 28 replies
- 9.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hello, I experimented with various OS-es for my new Odroid-XU4. From what I have learned I like armbian the best because it's the closest to the original debian. A clean, small, tuned up system with the possibility to switch back to sysvinit from system(d). What I would run on it is not a desktop environment but exactly Kodi. The XU4 comes with Ubuntu 16 LTS preloaded to sdcard and I can say this is the OS which maxes out the potential of this hardware. With this after an update & upgrade everything works out of the box: kodi, networking, hdmi-cec, hdmi-audio. With using the unofficial debian jessie for odroid: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=175…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 9.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I have Odroid xu4 with fan mounted on heatsink. I found several tutorials online and I have one problem. I have Armbian buster with Linux 5.4.28-odroidxu4 I tried edit temp curve and I did it with nano /etc/rc.local # Target temperature: 30°C, 50°C, 70°C TRIP_POINT_0=30000 TRIP_POINT_1=50000 TRIP_POINT_2=70000 echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/trip_point_0_temp echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/trip_point_0_temp echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone2/trip_point_0_temp echo $TRIP_POINT_0 > /sys/devices/virtual/ther…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear all. After a update/upgrade and dist-upgrade.. a few weeks a go i think there is something going wrong on my Xu4 After every update and upgrade i still get the same errors: root@odroidxu4:~# sudo apt-get update Err:1 http://apt.armbian.com xenial InRelease Could not resolve 'apt.armbian.com' Err:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com' Err:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com' Err:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease Could not resolve 'us.archive.ubuntu.com' Err:5 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com…
-
Reputation Points
- 19 replies
- 8.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi. I have a Odroid XU4 with Ubuntu Bionic latest release (5.60), powered with this UPS: APC SmartUPS 750 VA. Apcupsd doesn't work. The problem seems related to the missing /dev/usb/hiddev0. After searching on Google, I found that apcupsd requires this feature enabled in the kernel. CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=Y I build my own kernel enabling it, but no change. Here the output of the command # dmesg | grep Smart [ 4.125553] usb 1-1.2: Product: Smart-UPS 750 FW:651.13.I USB FW:7.3 [ 4.205622] hid-generic 0003:051D:0002.0001: hidraw0: USB HID v1.10 Device [American Power Conversion Smart-UPS 750 FW:651 On the Rock64 board it works without…
-
Reputation Points
- 16 replies
- 8.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello community! I have performed an update from armbian 11 to 12 and OMV 6 to 7 and completed it successfully so far. Unfortunately just the package armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4 was not upgraded due to a missing dependency: +++ The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-odroidxu4-current : Depends: base-files (>= 24.5.1) but 12.4+deb12u6 is to be installed E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. root@omv:~# sudo apt install 12.4+deb12u6 Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done E: Unable to locate package 12.4+deb1…
-
Reputation Points
- 17 replies
- 8.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Does anyone know any way to fix the annoying way the fan works on this device? Even on idle load, the fan spins up every couple of minutes, keeps spinning for a few seconds, then turns off again, only to repeat a few minutes later. I can't even sleep in the same room the device is in... I've tried using this: https://github.com/f1vefour/odroid-xu4-fan-control And it hasn't really solved anything, as the fan cannot start on PWM values lower than 100... it instead makes squeaking noises. So having adjusted the script, nothing has really changed. Is there something I could do to fix this in software? Perhaps something that doesn't involve getting the heatsink …
-
Hi All! I was wondering if there is a proper way to deploy a freshly built armbian for Odroid XU4 on an eMMC? Unfortunately, the SD-Card version doesn't seem to work with the eMMC. After searching for this topic I couldn't find anythin in particular related to Odroid. Thanks, Viktor
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 7.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The Armbian htop fork doesn’t show the cores frequencies. Is this a known problem? The frequencies are available like on any other computer in the sysfs entries (cpufreq driver).
-
I just installed Armbian_5.90_Odroidxu4_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.14.127.img which will hang on sudo reboot (fan keeps spinning, no blue heartbeat led). I have another XU4 runnig the same version without the reboot issue. Armbianmonitor info uploded.
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 7.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Ok, so after PHP issues I started off with a fresh armbian install and via armbian-config I installed OMV 4. Install finished without any problems but if I copy stuff via smb the tranfer speed is really bad and I don't know why. On an old install with OMV 3 I used to get nice 100 mb/s. The cpu temp also used to be at like 80 °C during copy, now it looks like this: Following extra options are set in smb.conf: min receivefile size = 16384 write cache size = 524288 getwd cache = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY I also checked smbd app, it's running on a big core.... I get the feeling that not all the avaiable resources of my HC2 ar…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.7k views
-
-
Hi, I am using Nextcloudpi Image (Armbian) on an HC1. This setup is obviously not booting anymore after system upgrade. Packages that have been upgraded: - armbian-config - armbian-firmware - linux-buster-root-legacy-odroidxu4 - linux-dtb-legacy-odroidxu4 - linux-image-legacy-odroidxu4 - linux-u-boot-odroidxu4-legacy Insterting the µSD into an Laptop running PureOS (Debian fork) I can access log files. I could investigate so far, that there was a system upgrade (armbian-firmware_21.05.1) on 2021-05-11 6:00 am. After that a message that system will be rebooted on 2021-05-12 4:00 am. That actually happened. I can see this in several log…
-
Unable to start docker after update, due to apparmor I used armbian-config's "edit boot-enviroment", added "extraargs=apparmor=0" and after a reboot I still get: docker start portainer Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: running `apparmor_parser apparmor_parser --version` failed with output: error: exec: "apparmor_parser": executable file not found in $PATH Error: failed to start containers: portainer armbianmonitor: https://paste.armbian.com/ebuburoxeh
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 7.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I'm running OMV on Odroid HC2. I updated to OMV 7.7.1. Armbian to 24.5.1 with Linux kernel 6.6.31-current-odroid-xu4. After reboot the server started to act very slow. I tried to reapply the DBT for HC1/2 via armbian-config but this did not help. armbian-config says I'm on ondemand governor between 200-200 MHz. What could be the issue? Actually my system says I should run dpkg --configure -a but this command hang here and the system reboots after few seconds... steakhutzeee@dk:~$ sudo dpkg --configure -a [sudo] password for steakhutzeee: Setting up containerd.io (1.6.33-1) ... …
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 7.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi! I've been using Armbian on my Odroid XU4 for some months now. It runs LogitechMediaServer, Home-assistant, Openmediavault,... It's great. However, today, I've just ran apt-get upgrade, reboot because of an update of the kernel and then... no reboot! The blue LED of the Odroid is lit (it doesn't blink), there is nothing on the HDMI output, nothing on the network,... It seems like the odroid cannot load the kernel. Is there anything I could do to try to make it boot again ? Yeah, I know, I should have done a backup of the SD card before the update ... Thanks for your help!
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 7.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Dear Readers I had quite some troubles migrating my armbian system from an SD-Card (16GB) to my emmc (32GB). I'd like to sum up my journey for future travelers ;-) I was not successful simply copying the image of the sd to the emmc and resizing the partition. It would not boot. Apparently emmc has additional boot partitions which must be set correctly. I "repaired" the emmc with this https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/emmc/recovery_xu4 and it booted Android all right from emmc. I then rebooted on my SD-Card and used the nand-sata-install command to "Boot from eMMC - system on eMMC". It took some time to copy, but when booting on the emmc, still Android…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 7.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to get my Logitech Quickcam working and tested using Armbian Xenial Mainline 4.9.13. It's worked out of the box on just about every other distro tried in recent years...not sure on Armbian. Here is the output from lsusb: Bus 003 Device 007: ID 046d:08d8 Logitech, Inc. Quickcam for Notebook Deluxe Bus 003 Device 006: ID 0c45:7000 Microdia Honestly, the webcam may work fine now, but I'm having issues installing a package to test it, such as Cheese or guvcview. Can someone assist me with checking it out? Once I get the webcam working, I'd like to use it with Google Hangouts or Skype (via exagear). Thanks!
-
Reputation Points
- 15 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, Here is a DMESG kernel dump that I'm getting everytime I boot the Odroid HC2 with a 5.4.x kernel: Also random crashes related to memory. Spoiler [ +15.195670] 8<--- cut here --- [ +0.001580] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ +0.007017] pgd = 632a7f01 [ +0.002682] [00000000] *pgd=00000000 [ +0.027685] 8<--- cut here --- [ +0.001585] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ +0.007017] pgd = 632a7f01 [ +0.002681] [00000000] *pgd=00000000 [ +0.026593] 8<--- cut here --- [ +0.001589] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ +0.007024] p…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 7.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, A strange error appeared with the last kernel update on an Odroid HC2. From the home in the terminal displays this error under RX totay: RX today: Error: Interface "--oneline" not found in database. The board is hosting an OMV instance under Armbian Bullseye Linux version 5.4.212-odroidxu4. Does anyone have any idea about the origin of this message which does not seem to disrupt the NAS operation. thanks konki
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dears, Is there any recent Kodi compilation for XU4 ? Ive build it myself but whenever i try to load it, it gives me an warning saying that GLX/DRI2 is not supported and it also fails to open swrast. The other try i did is to download the .deb package from the mdrjr repository and unfortunately i get the same error. I believe i am missing the right drivers.... By the way, l today was my first experience with armbian... and honestly, i am very impressed. Any ideas ? Best, hippie
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I've just got the new Orange Pi R1 and as expected it's working just well with the Orange Pi Zero armbian image. The only thing I'm struggeling with is the Wifi driver. The driver compiles succesfully but it seems that the kernel needs patching as well: ... CC [M] /usr/src/rtk8189es-2015-12-15-90ed86d42d/rtl8189ES//hal/OUTSRC/rtl8188e/phydm_RTL8188E.o CC [M] /usr/src/rtk8189es-2015-12-15-90ed86d42d/rtl8189ES//platform/platform_ops.o CC [M] /usr/src/rtk8189es-2015-12-15-90ed86d42d/rtl8189ES//platform/platform_ARM_SUNnI_sdio.o CC [M] /usr/src/rtk8189es-2015-12-15-90ed86d42d/rtl8189ES//core/rtw_mp.o CC [M] /usr/src/rtk81…
-
are there plans to produce a version of armbian for odroid hardware. the new xu4 seems to be amazingly fast... andrew
-
Hello, I am the main developer of NextCloudPlus. NCP is a community project to make it easier to run and setup a Nextcloud instance in ARM boards, by providing configuration tools and setup wizards for typical management tasks such as backups, SSL certificates and more. We have just released the first stable version of Armbian based images with NCP for Odroid XU4 / HC1 / HC2. Check it out at the downloads section. More boards will come soon Feedback, testing and development help are very welcome Cheers,
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I set up an Odroid-HC1 running Armbian which works fine so far. But today I recognized htop only shows 8 CPUs of type .LITTLE running at a max of 1300Mhz while 4 of them were shown as .BIG CPUs with higher frequency before. The output of cat /proc/cpuinfo is: processor : 0 model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) BogoMIPS : 36.00 Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae CPU implementer : 0x41 CPU architecture: 7 CPU variant : 0x0 CPU part : 0xc07 CPU revision : 3 processor : 1 model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l) BogoMIPS : 36.00 Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 t…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Since I had a power supply problem with my XU4 I decided to download the image and start from scratch. First time I recall everything went smooth until my PS failed. Now, starting from a fresh image, when the first boot gets to SSH key regeneration, it hangs forever. Tried several times, tested the sd card, used a different one for test. Still hangs at SSH key regeneration. I had never tried moving the OS to the HD. All the contents there are good and it has passed all the long smart tests. If I reboot after a while hanging at SSH key regeneration it boots and does all the password stuff as expected, and everything else seems fine. Should I worry about it?
-
Reputation Points
- 18 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I am trying to get my Xu4 to boot from an emmc card, I am using Armbian Bionic mainline kernel 4.9.y. I can write this to SD card, and it boots and runs OK. I prepared the emmc card using the inbuilt system nand-sata-install script. The emmc card will not boot. I tried a couple of other iso.s same non result. Checking the forum I found this thread started last year:- This thread was HIJACKED by Tkaiser , who turned it into a discussion about OMV, and I cannot see a successful conclusion to the original boot problem! Please can you advise me of the method to get my emmc card to boot on my xu4, using the curre…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 6.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, yesterday I did a apt upgrade and noticed that my omv install also got updated. Now copying from my HC2 I only get like 50 mb/s. I always got like 100 mb/s..at least win explorer showed this, I know it's not accurate. Could the update have erased/overwritten all these nice tweaks @tkaiser made for us to increase tranfer speed? That would be very unfortunate :/ Any chance I can roll back the omv update?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.3k views
-
-
Hello everyone, odroid xu4 user here with buster minimal 5.4 from https://dl.armbian.com/odroidxu4/Buster_current_minimal please have a look at the following output ... May 19 12:58:11 localhost kernel: [ 1581.893003] mmc_host mmc0: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 100000Hz, actual 100000HZ div = 250) May 19 12:58:12 localhost kernel: [ 1582.352546] mmc_host mmc0: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 400000Hz, actual 396825HZ div = 63) May 19 12:58:12 localhost kernel: [ 1582.389396] mmc_host mmc0: Bus speed (slot 0) = 50000000Hz (slot req 300000Hz, actual 297619HZ div = 84) May 19 12:58:12 localhost kernel: [ 1582.426230] mmc_hos…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, just bought a HC1 and tryin to setup Armbian. I installed Armbian_5.37_Odroidxu4_Ubuntu_xenial_next_4.9.71, works with SDHC. Now I put in my ADATA SP550 (480GB) SSD, but something fails, see dmesg: Spoiler [ 5.096332] r8152 6-1:1.0 eth0: v1.08.8 [ 5.118014] r8152 6-1:1.0 enx001e06326386: renamed from eth0 [ 5.207225] usb 4-1: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci-hcd [ 5.228766] usb 4-1: New USB device found, idVendor=152d, idProduct=0578 [ 5.228786] usb 4-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [ 5.228802] usb 4-1: Product: USB to SATA bridge [ 5.228…
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. My dtb skills seem to be lacking, so I'm seeking guidance I'm running Armbian 5.27 from the sd card, kernel is 4.9.20-26 after an Apr 10 update. /boot has the following dtbs: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60782 Apr 10 21:29 exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60031 Apr 10 21:29 exynos5422-odroidxu3-lite.dtb -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 60936 Jul 1 12:55 exynos5422-odroidxu4.dtb I want to change the fan threshold settings and pwm values to try and get more aggressive cooling as I'm not quite staying out of thermal throttling. After converting exynos5422-odroidxu4.dtb with dtc it's easy to see where both the thresholds…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have some HC1 running since last year. Before going into production I did SATA install, NEXT kernel, firmware and stretch update (I need that) and all updates offered through apt since then. I have read about newer armbian releases that my machines do not load and further HC1 optimization which I can´t find in my armbian-config. I wonder whether my setup will receive proper updates. It would be quite a hassle to reinstall. Now I have: Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.38 stable Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.9.61-odroidxu4 Linux HC1 4.9.61-odroidxu4 #2 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 22 16:34:23 CET 2017 armv7l cat /etc/apt/sources.list deb http:/…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello I can not seem to get my USB Ethernet dongle with a r8152b chip to work on the latest armbian focal release. I tied both kernels 4.14.y. and 5.4.y with no luck. It works on "clean" ubuntu focal when i first plug it it without drivers and when i add the drivers. I am also posting in the odroid fourms here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=38713&p=306027#p306027 I am following these directions: tar -xf r8152.53.56-2.13.0.tar.bz2 cd r8152-2.13.0 make sudo make install lsmod | grep r8 If this works, and if the module does not load at reboot, add "r8152" in modules.conf: sudo vi /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf…
-
Hello, I have recently upgraded OMV to version 6 and armbian to bullseye alongside it: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/41361-odroid-hc1-armbian-update-report/ Since the upgrade, I am getting daily emails from armbian-truncate-logs with the following content: Spoiler [0;1;38;5;185mJournal file /var/log/journal/1ded17e370994bc2bfab08257042ce4c/user-1000@8682aaf9b65f4db593fdb2f01a8b3fbc-0000000000000501-0005d513e7226c26.journal is truncated, ignoring file.[0m Deleted empty archived journal /var/log/journal/1ded17e370994bc2bfab08257042ce4c/system@0005d52e63fd8387-4776da5b1e9dd6f3.journal~ (4.0K). Deleted empty archived jo…
-
Reputation Points
- 12 replies
- 6.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
After a major failure of my file server I bought a pair of seagate desktop USB3 drives to use for temporary storage while I sort out the mess. I plugged them into an XU4 and started transferring several 100GBs of data only to have it lock up solid. dmesg indicates a number of uas restarts, the last of which doesn't complete. I had the same thing on another SBC (one of the orange PIs I think, although I can't remember which model) and I also found references to the same problem on x86 boxes, so I think the problem is fairly generic. Apparently it can be worked around by adding a conf file to to /etc/modprobe.d, but I haven't got that to work yet (time has been …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm trying to get a full serial console on my XU4. I currently only get the U-boot output. The last message says "Loading Kernel". I never get any kernel related messages. I understand I will need to start up a getty to actually log in via this console port, but I haven't even gotten that far. In my (unchanged) boot.ini I have console=ttySAC2, 115200n8. And when the system boots up, I cannot manually write anything to that port (as i believe the kernel has it opened) Any Ideas? Thanks! Caleb
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hi, guys. Little help here After being tired of my docker containers loosing connectivity to the internet I've decided to fully update/upgrade armbian (including the kernel) Now my system boots but most applications don't work. Most cases are missing kernel modules The /lib/modules dir contains the new updated content as the /boot too But the system keeps booting the old kernel image (4.14.176) and not the new one (4.14.195). It makes no difference if I upgrade the kernel via apt or via armbian-config I guess the issue is the files still in the SD card used for boot (they are 4.14.176 by it's names). Shouldn't armbian-config update those files? …
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6.2k views
-
-
Hi, I'm using Odroid HC1 for quite a long time and I've observed much degradation on SMB/NFS speed when making upgrades to the board. I'm not sure why? Maybe I'll find some idea what it can be. Previously the board was working with speeds >100MB/s when reading from it on Windows (smb) or Linux (nfs) now max speeds on the same configuration are ~40 MB/s. That's way too slow. I don't see any process to hang on pc, while copying using smb the samba process is using not so big amount of CPU on big cores from what I see. I've grabbed armbianmonitor output so you can check it also: http://ix.io/1zrL Currently I'm working on: 4.14.87-odroidxu4 …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm new here, so please bear with me! I run an Odroid XU4 with Armbian stretch default. Recently I did a normal apt update and upgrade to kernel/dtb/headers version 5.97 (from 5.91), along with all other possible upgrades. This made the system very unstable- it had an uptime of nearly 3 months with 5.91 (all time high for the board) before the reboot, and after the upgrade it lasted a couple of hours before stalling/crashing. A downgrade to kernel/dtb/headers v 5.95 helped somewhat, but it crashed after a week or so - it may just be of those "it just happens". I went ahead and installed 5.91 and it is stable so far a few days in. The board is a bit…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 6.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
The ChangeLog of Armbian says that overlayfs was added in V5.15. I got installed V5.20 (or actually an earlier and then apt-get upgraded) yet the overlayfs is not available (kernel 3.10.103-odroidxu4). I have even tried installing linux-*-next and *uboot*-next (not even knowing what the -next mean) but it didn't help, still no overlayfs in /proc/filesystems. Also, on reboot the Odroid is missing LAN connection randomly. It can be fixed by running dhclient manually but then the ethernet card is named by systemd. Normally it's eth0 and the networking works. I couldn't figure out what is the root cause of this issue, it seems random. I have also read in a ChangeLog that…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I wonder if anyone can help. I have downloaded the latest build for my odroid-xu4 and have the kernel version 4.9.51-odroidxu4. The trouble is I cannot find any where the kernel headers for this particular version. The kernel headers that come with the dist is 4.9.31-odroidxu4 and when I do apt-get kernel-headers-$(uname -r) or apt-get kernel-headers-next I get version 5.0.33 and I cannot seem to download the version that I need to compile drivers. Anyone know where the version 4.9.51-odroidxu4 linux headers are? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello. First of all, thanks for your work and images working for my board :) I am working on S912 game board (board is used for an arcade game hardware) and would like to install gpu drivers. My issue is I don't find any documentation about from official website (ARM) I also wanted to use Panfrost but no documentation exist for installation :( I visited many site and Learn a little about Deb package and dkms package. Now I have a few questions about Can I install deb without dkms or must I install also dkms? How I can install gpu drivers if files like make don't exist on officia…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm using the minimal Armbian Debian-based image as a starting point to install my favorite desktop environment KDE and related software. I've got everything set up so that I got it working partially. I remember trying the Armbian desktop (Ubuntu flavor) but it did not have it set up out of the box IIRC (I could be wrong). I took a look at how the hardkernel guys set up their official Ubuntu image for Odroid XU4 and used that as a guide to set it up on my minimal Armbian. So here's what I've done and what I've learned I need to do according to the official image: 1. apt install mali-t62x-x11-driver xserver-xorg-video-armsoc-sun4i …
-
Hello, I'm looking for some support with installing plex media server on an Odroid HC1 running the non-desktop stable release of Armbian Bionic. I first used armbian-config to select and install 'plex' but the service didn't start. I then removed the installed 'plexmediaserver-installer' and any created 'plexmediaserver' files/directories & reinstalled manually as shown below: ahaslam@odroidxu4:~$ sudo apt update Hit:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/bitcoin/bitcoin/ubuntu bionic InRelease Hit:2 http://ports.ubuntu.com bionic InRelease Get:3 http://ports.ubuntu.com bionic-security InRelease [83.2 kB] Get:4 http://ports.ubuntu.com bionic-updates InRelease [88.…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When I run the Linux kernel on the Odroid XU4 board, it enters a loop with this error during boot: U-Boot 2017.05-00008-g6a9ddb8303-dirty (May 19 2020 - 19:48:01 +0900) for ODROID-XU4 CPU: Exynos5422 @ 800 MHz Model: Odroid XU4 based on EXYNOS5422 Board: Odroid XU4 based on EXYNOS5422 Type: xu4 DRAM: 2 GiB MMC: EXYNOS DWMMC: 0, EXYNOS DWMMC: 1 MMC Device 0 ( SD ): 29.7 GiB mmc_init: -5, time 4 *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment In: serial Out: serial Err: serial Net: No ethernet found. Press quickly 'Enter' twice to stop autoboot: 0 reading /boot.ini 2401 bytes read in 4 ms (585.9 KiB/s) ## Executing script at 43e00000 reading config.ini…
-
Howdy, I'm running Armbian_21.05.1_Odroidxu4_focal_current_5.4.116.img on my XU4 for security cameras. It averages about 60 Mbps 24/7. After a couple days usually one adapter disappears (from ip a and nmtui) and sometimes both (I have a USB 1 Gbps adapter too). I'm not seeing anything in the logs to indicate an error. I monitor this system with Zabbix and I see no unusual activity before this happens. Is there a way to get diagnostics for this event?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've flashed: Armbian_25.2.0-trunk.193_Odroidxu4_trixie_current_6.6.65_minimal.img to my eMMC. It boots fine, but after a "armbian-upgrade" it will give a kernel panic upon reboot. I think the new kernel is borked.
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everybody, I have been having an issue lately with my Odroid XU4 running Armbian's Ubuntu Xenial server. The problem is that the ethernet interface would only be detected every once in a while upon a reboot of the system, however, after performing an update earlier today, the ethernet interface is not detected no matter how many times I reboot the system or mess with settings. Please help as I'm sort of a noob with debugging linux issues and this is the main interface for my mini-network. Huge thanks in advance. UPDATE: Apparently the update caused the device name to switch from eth0 to enx001e06311a69 and by reconfiguring my servers to use that interface it…
-
Hi! my Odroid HC2 is running for more than three years now (24/7), hosting a nextcloud instance. Other than two preemptive SD-card swaps no maintenance necessary, armbian performs really great 🙂 Since I was thinking about upgrading to a better machine (Nano Pi M4, if they ever sell them again...) I wanted to install sysbench to compare some CPU specs. But sudo apt-get install sysbench gives: unable to locate package sysbench I'm running a recently upgraded armbian, v22.02.1 with Kernel 5.4.181. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I had sysbench on an earlier version of armbian. EDIT: fixed typos
-
I see the download page says there are USB 3 issues with the mainline kernel (and eMMC, which the board doesn't even have?) and serial console for legacy kernel is broken. I've also read that HMP isn't supported on mainline either. Which kernel is recommended for general mini server usage with an attached hard drive and the OS installed on the hard drive with SD only for boot? I'm thinking of replacing my old cubietruck with it, running nginx as an SSL web proxy and a little bit of web serving.
-
I run armbian on an Odroid HC2. Using hdparm -t /dev/sda I get merely roughly 130MB/s on buffered disk reads. This is way below the expected value for my 2TB Crucial SSD. It is obviously not a major issue as the speed is anyway bottlenecked by the gigabit ethernet. I'm just curious, does anyone get better speeds with a similar setup? I read that poor performance can result from a misaligned partition. Checking the alignment with "align-check" of parted does report that the parition alignment is fine, so I suspect this is not the issue in my case.
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 5.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I needed to downgrade from 4.19 back to 4.14 so I wanted to use armbian-config/system/other. It gave me an empty list. To fix that, in /usr/lib/armbian-config/functions.sh I needed to change the apt-cache command as follows: apt-cache show linux-image-next-odroidxu4 | grep -E "Package:|version:|Version:" | sed -n -e 's/^.*: //p' | sed 's/\.$//g' I added "-next-" That gave me a list, finally. Then the next issue: apt -s -y --allow-downgrades --no-install-recommends install linux-image-next-odroidxu4=5.60 linux-dtb-next-odroidxu4=5.60 failed with: E: Command line option --allow-downgrades is not…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Good Morning! I'm using ODROID-xu4 and did Download your image. I wonder if the image has support for XFS Filesystem? Because I would like to install a Webserber. Grateful! Luis Ferreira
-
Updated several HC1 to Buster. Reapplied the optimized board config, as done under stretch before. Main issue: No matter what CPU governor I set, max. frequency jumps around automagically between 1.8 GHz and 2.0 GHz. I can set performance governor to the range from 1.9 to 2.0 GHz, armbian-config confirms, and when I back out of the menu it says "soc runs between 1800 and 1800 MHz using performance governor". Even at > 90% CPU boards stay below 2.0 GHz. Minor glitches only for boards, I already upgraded from jessie to stretch: - boot.ini misses the hc1.dtb check - must manually edit - systemd misses armbian* entries, as well as the uti…
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Today unattended upgrades ran and installed the following: libtasn1-6 linux-dtb-current-odroidxu4 linux-image-current-odroidxu4 linux-u-boot-odroidxu4-current Afterward, the system automatically rebooted and went into a boot loop. I had a backup I was able to copy to the emmc and get back up and running but it is from October 2024 and I am not really sure what to do. coming here to see if anyone else has experienced the same. I tried to run armbianmonitor -U and it had some weird html. I am pretty good with Linux but everything is self taught. thank you in advance for any help Dan
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 5.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Odroid XU4 with Cloudshell2 Coming from 4.14.69, upgraded to 4.19.14 The fbtft_device module for the Cloudshell-LCD now reports: fbtft_device: display not supported: 'hktft9340' And yes, the source for fbtft_device seems to no longer contain hktft9340. I will ask in the Hardkernel Forum - this is just for info here. Question: When I use armbian-config to switch to an earlier package, I get a nice list, I select one and say ok, but after reboot nothing has changed. Is there something I could be missing in order to make this switch work? Never tried it before - I was hoping this would help me temporarily.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 5.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I'm curious how the CPU temp value is calculated on the MOTD screen when ssh'ing in. Mine is showing 56°C, but if I run the commands: # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone*/temp 45000 44000 48000 44000 41000 # armbianmonitor -m Stop monitoring using [ctrl]-[c] Time big.LITTLE load %cpu %sys %usr %nice %io %irq CPU C.St. 12:16:28: 600/ 600MHz 0.17 1% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% 45.0°C 0/3 Thanks
-
My board is Odroid HC1 Using balenaEtcher under Windows 10 I have instaled today Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_current_5.4.50_minimal.img.xz and also was trying before Armbian_20.05.7_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.187.img.xz. On both images I wanted to increase verbosity to 7 to see in serial console boot process. Changes in boot.ini are not used during boot until symlink /boot.ini is created which point to /boot/boot.ini Until this is done you will se uboot error that script /boot.ini is not found. Please add this symlink to images for XU4/HC1. Second issue is that editing armbianEnv.txt is not overwriting values in boot.ini. I ha…
-
Hi all, The grey wifi Dongle 5 I bought direct from Odroid seems to have stopped working with recent Debian releases. After much troubleshooting, I downgraded to Buster and it works fine - until I run apt update/upgrade. lsusb info is: Bus 003 Device 010: ID 0bda:8812 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8812AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2T2R DB WLAN Adapter What's also interesting is that post upgrade, the device's name also changes to @_____, and its mac address changes to 00:00:00:00:00:00. The blue wifi light on the dongle won't even flash after upgrade. After apt upgrade: root@odroidxu4:~# iwconfig enx001e06361f54 no wireless extensions. docker…
-
This is something I've just realized has been popping up for me for as long as I've been using armbian the past year or so with my ODROID. After a clean setup, I use armbian-config to edit the network settings (ethernet connection) to a static IP address, and everything works fine. I reboot the changes and go on my way. The problem comes after I reboot days/weeks later for kernel updates or if I lost power. The board turns on fine but refuses to show up on my network and therefore cannot SSH to the system. Looking through the SD card and checking the files shows that /etc/network/interfaces is devoid of any static IP changes made through the config, although i…
-
My System: ODROID XU4 Armbian stable: Linux odroidxu4 4.9.56-odroidxu4 USB-3 HDD Cage with 3 SATA drives, connected to XU4 via USB2-HUB (Since XU4 onboard USB3 does not recognize drive cage, never has) The drives are 1.5TB, 3TB and 4TB in size. All have one partition of full size and are encrypted with luks/dm-crypt. I'm switching from a Debian 8 system on the XU4, which had no problem with disk decryption. After the initial setup on Armbian I'm now trying to use those disks. I can successfully decrypt and mount the 1.5 TB disk. But when I do cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/disk/by-uuid/9ef4da01-8c26-48f1-a945-d2f419068e2f somename th…
-
Reputation Points
- 11 replies
- 5.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I learned that the cpu on my hc2 has 4 'slow' cores and 4 fast ones. Now I would want certain apps to always use the fast cores. I found `taskset` to do so. My idea was to just add `taskset --cpu-list 4,5,6,7` in the .service file of the desired app in the execstart line in front. To have it always use the big cores. Would this work? Also I have apps 'calling' unrar to extract files. I don't know how I would do it in this case. I think it'll be a bit complicated to tell the apps to call unrar with `taskset --cpu-list 4,5,6,7`. Is there a way to have unrar always run on the big cores?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.1k views
-
-
Hi armbian staff and users, i must/try to connect through uart (HC1 /Dev/ttySAC2) to an external uart device. 1. As uart /dev/ttySAC2 is used by boot/kernel, /sbin/agetty has been renamed to stop its launching / lock rather than rebuild uboot/... 2. So as powers supply of 2 uart are differents, 2 converters UART/USB are installed on 2 sides HC1 <-> UART/USB(CP2102N) <=======> USB/UART(XR21V14xy) <-> device. External PS 5v is connected on USB(vcc:gnd), red light on CP2102N is up. I precise 2 points : HC1 <-> UART/USB(CP2102N) <=======> laptop=OK DEVICE <-> UART/USB(XR21V14xy) <=======> laptop=OK Nothing TX/RX, where i…
-
Hi, Tried searching on docs.armbian.com and the forums but got more confused than anything else. I just installed legacy armbian on my xu4 and the only thing missing is proper video decoding ( vlc won't show any image and mplayer complains that my configuration is too slow ). Could somebody point me to a tutorial on how to enable hardware ( mali t628 ) video decoding ? Thanks for your help !
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5k views
-
-
Hi all, I'm running a couple of ODroid XU4's as a server. Yesterday I ran an update and after this update the board no longer boots... (I was running Armbian Focal kernel 4 I have tested a 'fresh' armbian image and then the system boots without issues. I have saved what packages are updated and wonder if I would be able to restore this somehow? A log of the update (never mind the dutch) https://pastebin.com/WWP2DFfC I used to have kernal 5.4 on this board, but I downgraded about 6 months ago. Could that be the issue? Because in the log I read: Uitpakken van .../77-linux-image-current-odroidxu4_21.02.2_armhf.deb wordt …
-
Hello everybody, I am a new user on this forum : I received the Odroid XU4 this morning and installed Debian on the eMMC card. I booted, and everything is working except the cooling fan: it seems not to start, even when I plug in the adapter before it boots. Is that normal, because even at 66 °c, it doesn't start...
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am now testing armbian on my XU4 and...AMAZING...I have very little fan noise. I am using the Noctua fan as per; http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=15310 and I haven't even implemented the fan control script [yet]; https://github.com/nthx/odroid-xu3-fan-control Silence is golden... armbian ROCKS!
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As previously posted, I have been looking to buy another board. My research continues. But today I came across this, and wanted to ask if this was something I should jump on, or do they always sell for this price? ODROID-XU4 at Hardkernel shop shows a price of $59.00, which is crossed out and now $49.00 is shown instead. I added an 8GB EMMC module, and then went to my cart to check shipping, which was $28.00 to Eastern US! I have emailed them asking if there is any cheaper shipping option, as that is almost 50% of the price! I will report back their reply if/when I receive it.
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
First I have to thank all maintainers for their work. I ran this server for 1.5 years before something broke. Since armbian is maintained by volunteers I want to cheer you up and thank you for your hard work. However just today my little server would die after apt-update/upgrade. I use a SATA drive together with a boot SD-card (only containing /boot). I can observe the following behavior: The system leds indicate that booting is sucessful (blue LED does blink regularly, I can detect HDD usage by observing the green LED), yet SSH login that I have been using for years now is impossible. The device is also not responsive when pinging it. From my rout…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So my sshd service won't start after a system upgrade. I have no uart access, so currently no console access. I do have access to the root drive on a usb device. I suspect systemd is having a problem starting sshd from the ssh.service unit file. But I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Here are the contents of my ssh.service file. I checked that /etc/ssh/sshd_not_to_be_run doesn't exist. I'm a little confused about the runtime directory, so I made a folder in the root directory called sshd with 0755 permissions, but that doesn't seem right. Strangely I couldn't find anything in the syslog file that mentioned s…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, first of all please excuse my bad englisch! I have an Odroid HC1 an running OMV 5 with armbian since 1,5 year. When I`m check dmesg i see some problems: root@odroidxu4:~# dmesg |grep imprecise [ 47.446247] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ 47.511679] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ 47.521702] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ 47.591656] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ 47.601670] Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000 [ 47.666068] Unhandled fault: imprec…
-
I have my ODROID XU4 configured so that the SD /boot files boot the machine on a SSD formatted to ext4. This works fine with 4.9.30, but fails with the 4.9.33 kernel I installed today. The only useful message I see is that it can't find my SSD's uuid. The uuid is correct so I suspect that the kernel does not have or is not loading a USB driver. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to boot using the 4.9.33 kernel? Thanks, Michael
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all! :-) To those who made the excellent work for my oroid! Well done, very well done! Well, just one point, maybe: Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: Starting Atop process accounting daemon... Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 atopacctd[17567]: /run/pacct_shadow.d: File exists Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: atopacct.service: PID file /run/atopacctd.pid not…ctory Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: Failed to start Atop process accounting daemon. Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: atopacct.service: Unit entered failed state. Sep 08 13:47:55 odroidxu4 systemd[1]: atopacct.service: Failed with result 'resources'. Hint: Some lines wer…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I installed Armbian_5.00_Odroidxu4_Debian_jessie_3.10.96_desktop.raw on my ODroid, plugged a 2TB external drive into the USB 3 port, and ran nand-sata-install. I chose /dev/sda1 as the root. After completing, and rebooting, it appears it installed an operating system on /dev/sda1, but I'm still using the SD card as the root: root@odroidxu4:~# mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=remount-ro,commit=600) .... I tried changing boot.ini to point to /dev/sda1: setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 loglevel=1 root=/dev/sda1 rootwait ro fsck.repair=yes" but it would not boot with this setting. Is there any more information I can p…
-
Hi all, I am trying to add SSH Keys to an HC1. The commands I am using are: sudo mkdir ~/.ssh sudo chmod 700 ~/.ssh sudo nano ~/.ssh/authorized_keys Then I select all the PUBLIC key from PuTTy Gen and copy/paste it on the file above, close and save the file. sudo chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys sudo chown -R $(whoami):$(whoami) ~/.ssh/ sudo reboot I then try to SSH with PuTTy and SSH keys. Immediately I get an error saying "Server refused our key" and then it asks me for my normal password as a user. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
-
Hello, Since debian buster switched to nftables as default, when i want to use the ufw-firewall, the following happens: root@homecloud:~# ufw enable Command may disrupt existing ssh connections. Proceed with operation (y|n)? y ERROR: problem running ufw-init ip6tables-restore v1.8.3 (nf_tables): unknown option "--icmpv6-type" Error occurred at line: 36 Try `ip6tables-restore -h' or 'ip6tables-restore --help' for more information. Problem running '/etc/ufw/before6.rules' root@homecloud:~# I installed both iptables and nftables, and also tried the buster-backports versions of both programs, same issue. When i run the ufw-check-requirements script, i …
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 4.7k views
- 1 follower
-