Orange Pi 5
| Download Armbian OS images: | Provide logs: |
| Minimal, server and desktops derived from any Debian or any Ubuntu. |
Providing logs with armbianmonitor -u helps with troubleshooting and significantly raises chances that issue gets addressed.
|
Orange Pi 5B is NOT supported at this time. Use Stating forums.
292 topics in this forum
-
Hi, After bleeding edge 6.8 or so, I lost HDMI output. Does anyone run the recent kernels with HDMI? Which ? The 6.1.75 kernel has HDMI, but a lacks Mt7961 wifi, and changing keyboard does not work, which probably is my lack of understanding of wayland. Gullik PS the HDMI issue might be a resolution thing, unfortunately I use an old TV ( 1920x1024)
-
I have the latest armbian 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx (ubuntu with gnome desktop) installed and everything works perfectly except that some videos are hanging in chromium. In dmesg I get [23230.260311] [drm:rockchip_vop2_mod_supported] *ERROR* Esmart0-win0 unsupported format modifier 0x800000000000351 and then boom, the whole thing stops playing and hangs. No other error anywhere. This happens with specific mp4 videos on specific frames. Any suggestions?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The overlay for the ap6275p seems to be missing in the new fresh 6.10 images. Haven't tried to compile a custom image yet (so might just be disabled in current build), but how could I help to bring this overlay to the official image?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm getting the following errors when trying to upgrade rob@orangepi5:~$ uname -a Linux orangepi5 6.1.75-vendor-rk35xx #1 SMP Wed Aug 21 11:45:59 UTC 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux rob@orangepi5:~$ sudo apt upgrade Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these. The following packages have unmet dependencies: armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi5 : Depends: armbian-bsp-cli-orangepi5-current (= 24.8.2) but it is not installed E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution). rob@orangepi5:~$ sudo apt --fix-broken install …
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 5.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have installed the recently released `Desktop images with Armbian Linux v6.10` image (24.8.1, Debian Bookworm, with the Cinnamon desktop) on an OrangePi5 and I'm happy the HDMI support included has finaly enabled the video to my 1080p display. However, my previously supported WiFi adapter is not recognized in this version - it worked with the vendor (5.10) kernel which I used with last year's OrangePi5 image, but how it seems the driver is not installed with 6.10. The WiFi adapter is connected via USB and it's listed as Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8812AU 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2T2R DB WLAN Adapter. Now, there are a few DKMS/out-of-tree drivers that I could inst…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Kodi on Orange Pi 5 with GPU Hardware Acceleration and HDMI Audio Huge thanks to user @roykon the Armbian forums for the directions on this in their various forum posts and Armbian forum user @amazingfate for maintaining the PPAs and software builds required for GPU acceleration. I have simply listed below, for the reference of others, the minimum Steps used to get Kodi running with GPU hardware acceleration (for x264/x265 decode) plus HDR auto switching and with HDMI Audio output*. (I am using the Orange Pi 5 with a Samsung 4K TV) *No instructions added yet for enabling HDMI passthrough. ** No instructions added yet for enabling HDMI CEC. …
-
Reputation Points
- 210 replies
- 181.2k views
- 9 followers
-
-
for some strange reason the content of armbianEnv.txt (rootdev) is not applied in my opi5, if anyone can help me. Thank !!!
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone and thank you in advance for your support! Long story short my system is in Read only mode after a reboot and I don't know what caused it. Some useful info before the reboot: I've been trying to install a RAID1 configuration so at certain point I did sudo update-initramfs -u I have manually updated and upgraded (only busybox was upgraded) with sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade If you need any other info let me know! EDIT: I found out that I'm able to manually mount the root partition, but the problem persist after each reboot. I then added the follong to /boot/armbianEnv.txt extraargs=fsck.…
-
Armbian 24.5.1. I don't have a serial console setup so I can't tell if it's actually starting to boot or not, but it never gets to the point where a video signal is sent to HDMI. It *does* send a CEC on signal to the TV, which does turn on, and power-cycling the Pi then begins a normal boot process. Pi also boots normally headless. Problem noted on one Insignia model and on a Vizio TV, works as expected on another Insignia model, on a Hisense and on an LG. Issue began after updating the kernel from legacy.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hai, im planning to upgrade my local media server to use an external hard drive attached using hard drive docking on USB 3.0 what I'm confused about is. what is the best FileSystem format for my hard drive? I'm not planning to unmount and use the hard drive to another PC (for example: windows PC) So I'm ready to format it with FileSystem that fully optimizes on Linux (I'm using armbian noble) so ext4 or xfs? I hear xfs is better for copying large file sizes. my casual use is downloading movies, and watching it on jellyfin. or maybe I'm just using ext4?
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Is it possible to install emby server in Orange Pi5? Thanks
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I upgraded my 5.10 install to 6.1 kernel got everything working including wifi using armbian-config - change kernel but after I noticed that video acceleration was broken with vlc I decided to rollback. The initial rollback somehow failed, after some tweaking, I've been able to boot the system again and run kernel 5.1 but now I don't have my ap6275 working anymore and the video acceleration modules from 5.x seem to be gone. I have the overlay for the ap6275 but it is not loading any module. What am I missing?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ubuntu Noble had some early day issues with default key ring not being stored properly and or synced to the logged in user and users getting popup prompts about the default keyring locked. A week ago I downloaded Armbian Noble 25.5.2 desktop onto my OPi5. It has been my daily driver for the past week or so. It has been a really nice release for my OPi5. All has been good except the default keyring popups. I have created new users, deleted stored keyrings, changed passwords among other things. At this point I am able to store the default keyring password (which is the same as my login PW). However, when launching chromium, and ProtonVP…
-
I'm trying to use a TP-Link tl-wn722n with AR9271 chipset, but it only shows up in lsusb: Spoiler orange:~:% lsusb Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0cf3:9271 Qualcomm Atheros Communications AR9271 802.11n Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear All, I have a USB wifi device that has always been working fine at boot with linux 5.1, now I upgraded to 6.1 gnome/vendor and I got a strange behavior on my OPI 5: - If I have wifi device plugged and power on the PI5, the USB device is not seen (no trace of it with lsusb). - If I have wifi device plugged and power on the PI5, the USB device is not seen (no trace of it with lsusb). But, with the PI 5 still running, If I unplug it and re-plug it, it is recognized and works fine. Also after that, if I issue a sudo reboot, the wifi device will be seen and work properly. (it does not matter what usb port I use white, or blue, same b…
-
I searched & tried all materials I can find, trying to set up FFmpeg to work with hardware acceleration on Orange Pi 5. But it did NOT work. Anyone else succeeds in using GPU hardware acceleration to encode/transcode video on Orange Pi 5 using FFmpeg? (or using gstreamer?) Could you please share with me the way to do it? Thank you very much indeed!
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 47.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm using the ps2 emulator and when I try to run a game I get an error message "OpenGL is not supported. Only OpenGL 3.0 was found" I'm using the version "Armbian 23.02 Jammy Gnome"
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
After upgrading to kernel 6.8, I've noticed my orange pi 5 running a bit hotter than when using kernel 5.10, even with the CPU load a little bit lower than before. Nothing alarming, just an observation. Did anyone else notice the same behaviour?
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
I purchased this board to use as a gaming station and, among the options, I'm using moonlight with sunshine to stream my steam to the room, which is working wonderfully well, but I'm having a problem. When pairing the control with Armbian, it is recognized as a joystick but I cannot use it in any way. I have two Sony Dualsense joysticks, I tested them both with cable and Bluetooth and the problem is the same. Can anyone guide me where I can start to debug the problem? NOTE: I borrowed an IPEGA joystick and it worked normally. [ 1107.997887] playstation 0005:054C:0CE6.0007: unknown main item tag 0x0 [ 1107.998309] playstation 0005:054C:0CE6.0007: hidra…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, I am trying to create a custom uboot using armbian. it's possible? I am using the following command but I cannot generate the "uboot.bin" to save it to the spi: ./compile.sh uboot-config BOARD=orangepi5 BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no BUILD_MINIMAL=yes BUILD_ONLY=u-boot CONFIGURATION=stable KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no KERNEL_ONLY=no PROGRESS_DISPLAY=plain RELEASE=bookworm UBOOT_ONLY=yes Thank.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello friends, htop does not show me the temperature, I am attaching information about my system (I have the libsensors library installed). If someone can help me please. Thank you. OS: Armbian 24.5.0-trunk.89 trixie aarch64 Host: Xunlong Orange Pi 5 Kernel: 6.8.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 Uptime: 1 hour, 14 mins Packages: 333 (dpkg) Shell: bash 5.2.21 Terminal: /dev/pts/0 CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz Memory: 187MiB / 7687MiB
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
We have tried to connect the MIPI DSI 10.1 inch OPI Display. It is working fine alone but when we tried to connect another display with the HDMI. we expect it to work as our 2nd display but it did'nt work unless i disable the MIPI display from the OPI Config.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
-
-
I finally got wifi working on a fresh install of 24.5.1. Video acceleration is working perfectly in Chromium but I am not having any luck playing h264 mp4 videos with hardware acceleration in vlc or mpv. Is this possible or am I missing something? CPU is around ~30% with chromium playing 4k youtube but if I play one of my mp4 files it's a solid 130%
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I tried both the 6.8.10 and 6.1.43 releases from CI pipeline and none of these has the ap6275p wifi option in the armbian-config tool. There was a previous post that mentioned that the module got merged for the new kernels but is there an ETA to have this one in the CI releases? I'm curious to try vlc but haven't been able to install that one yet with the new releases.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi there Suddenly HDMI output stopped working on my orange Py 5. I've been using the board with an external monitor for a month but on the next boot HDMI connection disappeared. external display using type-c output works fine; I've already tried several HDMI cables and monitors - no results; no visual damages detected on the board; flashing image doesn't help; The system is Armbian 24.2.1 jammy OS with GNOME version 42.9. Any ideas what next steps should I do to find out whats happen?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, sorry for my English. I have an Orange Pi 5 8gb and a 512gb nvme SSD. I would like to use it to install 2 operating systems (Android 12 + Batocera). This way, when starting the orange pi, it asks which operating system I want to start on. Is this possible?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 5.3k views
-
-
Hey everyone, I'm starting to lose my mind here. I've got an Orange Pi 5 which works great with a micro SD card. Now I got myself a nvme ssd and all I want to do is move my system from the sd card to the ssd. I've created an image of the sd card on my PC using "dd" and then wrote it on the ssd using dd again. It seemed to work fine, the only issue seems to be, that the UUID of the partitions on the ssd were the same as on the sd card, that's why I changed the UUID of the root partition on the ssd using "tune2fs -U random /dev/nvme0n1p2". I booted up the Pi with my sd card again and used armbian-config to flash mtdblock0 (boo…
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 29k views
-
-
In March 2023 I bought an OPI5 and immediately went for armbian, but I had problems and reported it in the link in this POST. in 2024: I bought the SD cards and other power supply directly from the manufacturers to see if the OPI5 works. I downloaded and burned the latest stable version of Bookworm and the results were the same, errors and everything froze. Before throwing OPI5 in the trash, I downloaded "nightly builds (unstable)" and installed it on an nvme and... it works without problems, I've had no problems for 13 days. In conclusion, the SD card reader is damaged and I can only use the NVME. HELP: I ask you for help with the command (.…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Been trying to play 4k youtube videos with VLC and I haven't had any luck with vp09 and mp4 files. Is VP9 supported with 24.2.1 + kernel 5.10.160? I have no issues with hardware decoding of mp4/h264 in vlc but is vp9 hardware decoding possible? Browser seems to play youtube in 4k but not sure which codec it is using
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I haven't tried Jammy with 6.1.43 but the kernel doesn't say rc anymore so curious of the status. How does this build compare in terms of feature and performance with 5.10? Is all the video decoding supported? The RK3588 Kernel support page says that hdmi audio is not supported - is that really the case? Is gnome/wayland supported? I see that only KDE is listed there.
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have roughly 30 Orange Pi 5 here in the office setting up for deploying in the field. NVMe boot is working great after using 'nand-sata-install' to flash the MTD. But sometimes (rarely, but happens), when issuing a reboot of Armbian, after full kernel shutdown, the player does not boot back up. Power light is on, no activity blinking LED. Network link and activity blinking. Just won't boot. Requires physically disconnecting power for a few seconds then re-plug to get to boot. I have watchdog set in Armbian and tested that works. So this seems to be before Linux kernel has taken control. Is there any way to enab…
-
Reputation Points
- 33 replies
- 19.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello friends: I have opi5 with the spi removed, which spiloader do I use to boot from the sd card? Thank you so much
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello ! Not found any devices How to make it work? hciconfig -a hci0: Type: Primary Bus: USB BD Address: E8:48:B8:C8:20:00 ACL MTU: 1021:6 SCO MTU: 255:12 UP RUNNING PSCAN RX bytes:1537 acl:0 sco:0 events:148 errors:0 TX bytes:3430 acl:0 sco:0 commands:136 errors:0 Features: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xfe 0xdb 0xfd 0x7b 0x87 Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3 Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK Link mode: PERIPHERAL ACCEPT Name: 'orangepi5' Class: 0x000000 Service Classes: Unspecified Device Class: Misce…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My current TV doesn't have CEC but I'm planning to replace it with something that has CEC support and would really like to automate the on/off thing... Is cec-utils supported or is there an alternate kernel API?
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 3.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, i'm using Armbian 23.11 Jammy-amazingfated Gnome. Kernel 5.10 If to seek a couple of times in h264 1080p BD remux'es it will cause system restart. Any video players are affected. Tried mpv, vlc, kodi and others. Problem affect just h264 1080p remuxes, that typically are 30..40 Gb, smaller h264 or even larger h265 files seem to work fine. I tried fresh install of armbian, where no rkmpp is installed, then h264 files plays/seeks fine, in software mode of course. Once I did sudo update/upgrade, that also installs rkmpp and other rockchip stuff, then videos start to play with rkmpp and problem is back. I've tried disabling hw deco…
-
Hello I'm running the NAS on Orange PI 5. I've run Armbian with EDK2 from https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/5900. The system starts from SSD disk connected via PCIE card with 4 SATA ports. I wanted to run simple fan control via GPIO, but setting the value 1 or 0 on GPIO has no effect and the multimeter connected to GPIO always shows 2.85V. How I did it. I installed wiringOP as the manual says. I selected GPIO 0 and entered the commands gpio mode 0 out gpio write 0 0 I connected a multimeter to GPIO 0 but it always shows 2.85V when I did gpio write 0 1 the multimeter also shows 2.85V gpio readall shows 1 in column V when "gpio write 0 1" com…
-
I'm trying to update python on my armbian bookworm to 3.12 but I cannot find any packages for bookworm. I regret not going with the ubuntu one now 😕 because that one has the deadsnake packages. Any known alternatives? (beside compiling your own packages)
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 10.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A new variation of Orange Pi 5 is now available. I think it's available on AliExpress, but I've seen the item on Amazon.com as well...reasonable price: https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Pi-Rockchip-Frequency-Development/dp/B0C5BZLPZN It comes now with the RK3588 instead of the RK3588s of the 5 and 5B. It's similar in capabilities of the Rock 5B but I believe has a few more bells and whistles. It has two 2.5GB ethernet ports. Separate connectors than GPIO for RTC and fan. Full size HDMI input as well as 2 full size HDMI outputs. Can have m.2 for 2230 WiFi/BT on top side as well as m.2 2280 on bottom of board. I think it can only go up to 16GB me…
-
Reputation Points
- 42 replies
- 44.3k views
- 9 followers
-
-
Is it possible to use the onboard microphone of Orange Pi 5 on Armbian? It does not seem to turn on
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, I have orange pi 5. I searched all over internet for information how to set on startup/power on GPIO pins behavior, but i cannot find anything. Most of GPIO pins are set to IN mode 1. Sadly I need them to output mode 1. I am scared something could burn this way since i set them to though wiringPI after kernel boot sequence is complete. Can some one give information how I can set them up at earlier point when I power on the board? I found that DTB/DTS file could do it. But there is no clear information / pin addresses I should set. Thanks in advance! Regards!
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Thank you for maintaining this excellent distribution, I have tried out this evening, via SD card, the new Armbian 23.11 Bookworm CLI Kernel 6.7 and I wanted to share some feedback on it along with some queries please: 1) HDMI works connected to my 4K Samsung TV, although I had to turn off "Input Signal Plus" for it to display the console correctly, otherwise there were all manner of green rectangles and other screen corruption present. Turning off "Input Signal Plus" fixed this straight away. 2) I cannot access either of the SSDs I have connected to my powered USB 3 hub. I tried with the hub connected to the USB-C port …
-
Reputation Points
- 47 replies
- 20.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I tried to setup a network bridge on the Orange Pi 5 to utilize with Qemu/KVM and some virtual machines I have. Here is my armbianmonitor output: https://paste.armbian.com/dajivikohi I edited /etc/netplan/armbian-default.yaml and modified it to setup a simple network bridge. I've done this countless times on other hardware I have. I rebooted, but the bridge fails to initialize and the screen gets an error dumped out every 5-10 seconds: rk_gmac-dumac: fe1c0000.ethernet eth0: Adding VLAN in promisc mode not supported rk_gmac-dumac: fe1c0000.ethernet eth0: failed to initialize vlan filtering on this port Is bridg…
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.9k views
-
-
Needed/wanted to add Bluetooth to my OPi5 and also needed WiFi at the same time. Did not want to use 2 USB ports so I tried the T2UB. Working well. Bluetooth appeared on my Armbian Ubuntu Jammy setup and I plugged in the dongle. It saw a few of my bluetooth devices. Reason I wanted bluetooth is to use a controller for some games/emulators. I'll make another post for that. My PS4 Dualshock controller is not showing up in the list of devices. My version is an older version, Armbian 23.06.420 Jammy with Linux 5.10.160-rk35xx No end-user support: built from trunk Conclusion: TPLink T2UB should work properly on Armbian Ubuntu desktop.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I only have options 1,4,5,7 on my nand-sata-install utility and can only boot from a single armbian microsd card but no other. /dev/mtdblock0 shows no files. Everything has been fine till now! Would love some help. Thanks
-
i am taping in the dark here and in need of some help. i am running openhab on armbian 23.8.1 server and i need to get audio out on 3.5 jack for alerts. openhab has only two options system speaker and web audio. web audio plays on client like browsers using pulse audio. But if i use system speaker nothing comes out. What can i do to get sound on 3.5mm out on opi? is it even possible? i have this but this is also where my knowlege ends so help needed. aplay -l **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices **** card 0: rockchipdp0 [rockchip-dp0], device 0: rockchip-dp0 spdif-hifi-0 [rockchip-dp0 spdif-hifi-0] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card…
-
Good day, I have Opi 5 and bought this display https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005641383181.html?src=google&aff_fcid=66031a1404104c2cb62a43359c4edcd8-1705719622481-01990-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=66031a1404104c2cb62a43359c4edcd8-1705719622481-01990-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=b834b596955b44a1bf643629f5ba5647&afSmartRedirect=y . It was a blind buy ... And now I can't get it work if its even possible. I'm its my first time trying to get display on these boards usually use them trought Monitor or TV and it works flawlessly. Cant find even config.txt . But now im lost at how to get …
-
Hello, I'm trying to install the zfs-dkms package with the latest build (Armbian_23.02.0-trunk.0127_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.110_xfce_desktop.img.xz) and I get the following error: configure: error: *** This kernel does not include the required loadable module *** support! *** *** To build OpenZFS as a loadable Linux kernel module *** enable loadable module support by setting *** `CONFIG_MODULES=y` in the kernel configuration and run *** `make modules_prepare` in the Linux source tree. *** *** If you don't intend to enable loadable kernel module *** support, please com…
-
Reputation Points
- 14 replies
- 10k views
- 2 followers
-
-
and, BTW, this will probably work on any SBC that has pwm and working port of wiringPi (wiringOP is much simpler than the dtbo method, IMO) WHY: I don't like fans that run full speed ALL the time pwm fans are a bit limited on the ground in small size, and expensive The SBC has pwm pins, so why not use them none of the examples I have found are adequate, either gpio off/full or excessive python scripts, 40 lines or more,, the bash script is ~ 10 lines Some of the wiringOP/gpio packages don't work (ubuntu-full desktop) try the commands in rc.local, if they don't work, then,,, dpkg -l |grep wiring; apt remove ..... git clone https://github.com/orangepi-x…
-
Hello, sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. I was just wondering how i upgrade my Orange Pi 5 running Arbmian 23.11.1 Bookworm w/ Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx to the latest Kernel. I tried using `sudo armbian-config` and updating via that with kernel upgrades unfrozen but it doesn't seem to work. Is there something I'm missing? Startup splash below: ___ ____ _ ____ / _ \| _ \(_) | ___| | | | | |_) | | |___ \ | |_| | __/| | ___) | \___/|_| |_| |____/ Welcome to Armbian 23.11.1 Bookworm with Linux 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx System load: 4% Up time: 0 min Memory usage: 8% of 3.83G IP: …
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This https://github.com/Joshua-Riek/ubuntu-rockchip/wiki/Orange-Pi-5 produces nearly 0 dropped frames at 4K 60fps on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ While latest Armbian_23.11.1_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.160_gnome-amazingfated_desktop.img.xz and doing immediately after install, only these commands: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/panfork-mesa sudo add-apt-repository ppa:liujianfeng1994/rockchip-multimedia sudo apt update sudo apt dist-upgrade sudo apt install mali-g610-firmware rockchip-multimedia-config exactly like it says on https://www.armbian.com/orangepi-5/ and sudo reboot produces alot of dropped frames on same youtube …
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.3k views
- 3 followers
-
-
This image works OK, and we now have both a 6.7 kernel AND graphics. Minor issues: EzCast stupid windows Wifi adapter does not plug and play. The vertical USB port does not sense plugging in a device (Wifi) Good work, Gullik
-
Have an incident where I tried installing a newer kernel in an nvme working setup and the device wont post. My original installation flash card is working but is giving me problems. So I got 2 others and attempted to boot new version of the image and Im getting no post. I was able to solve my original problem by installing a legacy version in flash and copying /boot over to nvme. I also attempted rebuilding the mme partitions with no success. But it seems that there is something not working right with kernel 6.7.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
pi@opi5:~/AoC-2023-cplusplus$ lscpu --all --extended CPU SOCKET CORE L1d:L1i:L2:L3 ONLINE MAXMHZ MINMHZ MHZ 0 0 0 0:0:0:0 yes 1800.0000 408.0000 1800.0000 1 0 1 1:1:1:0 yes 1800.0000 408.0000 1800.0000 2 0 2 2:2:2:0 yes 1800.0000 408.0000 1800.0000 3 0 3 3:3:3:0 yes 1800.0000 408.0000 1800.0000 4 0 0 4:4:4:0 yes 2256.0000 408.0000 2256.0000 5 0 1 5:5:5:0 yes 2256.0000 408.0000 2256.0000 6 1 2 6:6:6:0 yes 2304.0000 408.0000 2304.0000 7 1 3 7:7:7:0 yes 2304.0000 408.0000 2304.0000 Why the odd cortex a76 MAXMHZ …
-
FYI. Searching some forums around the web, stumbled on a post that indicated the TU3 Nano would work on the OPi 5. I thought I would give it a try. It worked for me plugged it in reboot. Download speed topped out at 200mb on the usb3 (top plug) connected to 5Ghz wifi. Happy days. Running the Feb.27 stable version of Armbian_23.02.2_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.110_gnome_desktop. TC
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 3.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello people, Happily running Bookworm, because it was the mainstream download for OPI5 a few months ago, I now see that the main download for OPI is back to Jammy. Apart from hardware accceleration, Bookworm runs great for me. In fact HA is not crucial for my server usage, though it would be nice. Question: what is the reason the main OPI5 download is now back to Jammy in stead of Bookworm? And what would be the advantages of going back from Bookworm to Jammy? (Got the aluminium passively cooling case for the OPI5, so far it's been great, 10 minutes of stresstesting all 8 cores doesn't get above 70 degrees celsius. For reference my…
-
I am using Wifi/BT USB dongle to connect network for Orange Pi 5. But it does not work with Armbian. It works smoothly with Orange Pi's Ubuntu and Debian distros. I just need to insert the dongle into USB 3 to work. Is there anything I can do to use the dongle with Armbian? My dongle is "USB WiFi Bluetooth Adapter Dual Band 2.4/5.8Ghz Wireless RTL8821CU Don-ig"; https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/404244701011
-
Anyone tried installing Steam Link? There seems to be an image in Raspberry OS but I cannot find a deb image for aarch64. Official flatpack is x64 only...
-
Reputation Points
- 10 replies
- 10.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Version 20230325-edge with kernel 6.2 (pancsf-midstream). With HDMI USB LAN support. https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Xt36QdVcxRdEDA
-
Reputation Points
- 85 replies
- 54.1k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi, The release notes for Armbian 23.11 state, under Key Improvements in This Release, "Mainline Kernel for RK3588 with experimental HDMI support." I am currently running the default 5.10.160-legacy-rk35xx kernel If I wanted to switch to and try out the mainline kernel for RK3588 with experimental HDMI support, would I do something like this: sudo apt install linux-image-collabora-rockchip-rk3588 After testing, If I want to rollback to the default legacy kernel, what are the steps involved? Apologies if there are instructions elsewhere that cover this. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hello , im a 0 in linux , i have orange 5 with mvme , i folowed how to for boot directly to mvme , the how to made me delete the spi flash. all was good, o5 boot on mvme succesfully but at each reboot , my hardware have new mac adress. any one can show me what to do step by step ? i used : Joshua-Riek/ubuntu-orange-pi5: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS for the Orange Pi5 ( desktop & serveur ) Armbian_23.02.2_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.110.img.xz ubuntu serveur 23.04 ( 64 ) it's the same on all , boot one time i have mac adress , reboot = new mac adress i cant fix ip localy , so i think when i deleted spi flash , may be deleted…
-
Reputation Points
- 13 replies
- 12.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
My Orange Pi 5 appears to be completely dead. No lights turn on when the power is connected and the SD card is freshly imaged as well. This started happening when I connected a USB-C multi-port dongle with a connected PD power supply to it. Is it possible to revive this?
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 8.6k views
-
-
Hello folks, I happily run Armbian Jammy XFCE on my much beloved Meko box (with at least SOME hardware accel) and Bookworm on Orange Pi 5. Both run excellent, but Jammy/xfce is a bit more snappy. probably because of partly harware accell. On the Meko R3588 4Gb box I installed Docker, Portainer, MQTT server container, Home Assistant container. All is well. I operate my boxes via RealVNC, so that it also will work seemlessly when VPN is active. The containers are so extremely light that they hardly take a few percent CPU. Home Assistant container takes 0,5Gig or so, MQTT server takes 0.1Gig. My first encounter with docker is very positive! Next I will try to add open VPN an…
-
I couldn't ping the pi anymore so i hook it up to HDMI. There i see the initramfs prompt What's up with that guys?? When i type df i only see /dev /run Broken m.2 sata?
-
*UPDATED - The issue is the powered USB3 hub which is actually NOT USB3 as advertised and is instead USB2. Sorry to have wasted your time* Hi, I have a 1TB SATA SSD in a USB3 enclosure (that supports UASP) connected to a USB3 powered hub, which in turn connects to the Top USB3 port of an Orange Pi 5 4GB. Armbian (Debian Bookworm) is installed and running from a 128GB NVME drive plugged into the M2 slot of the Orange Pi 5. If I do an "lsusb -t" I get the output shown below. The SSD is Bus 02, Port 3, Dev 5 and is using the uas driver but is showing USB2 speed of 480M rather than USB3 speed of 5000M. I have also tried pluggi…
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I thought I had read that someone had the T2U working out of the box. Well, it's mostly there. When I tried it, didn't work. Got message in dmesg that firmware file not found. Did a Google search and found that it came down to the mediatek firmware files needing to be in the /lib/firmware/mediatek directory but they are currently in the /lib/firmware directory. FYI, the /lib/firmware/mediatek directory already existed and did not need to be created. Also in the current Jammy Gnome desktop Armbian, the file that was being loaded, mt7610e.bin, was not there and only the backup file, mt7610u.bin, was there in the /lib/firmware directory. What I d…
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.3k views
-
-
I'm trying to use an SPI driven TFT display on the orange pi 5, but I'm stuck on enabling SPI in the first place. Looking at the pinout of the orange pi 5 in its manual, it appears that SPI4...M0 is the only bus broken out to the pins. However, enabling "rk3588-spi4-m0-cs1-spidev" in the armbian-config menu does not seem to do anything, as no /dev/spi device exists after a reboot. Enabling any of the other spi hardware functions seems to work just fine, creating a /dev/spi device as expected, but none of the other spi busses are accessible through the pin header. I'm on Armbian 23.8.1 (image: Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepi5_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160.img). Has anyone used SPI on t…
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 6.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, Has anyone been able to get gpu hardware acceleration to do encoding/decoding on Jellyfin on the orange pi 5? Thank you
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Since I re-installed 23.8 Jammy with the extra ppa:liujianfeng1994 repo - I haven't been able to play any videos on my OPI5. All players I tried seem to have kernel issues decoding any h264. I've narrowed down the error message to a 4Gb memory limit with the selected version of the drivers but I was wondering if anyone had luck with playback. I had better luck with Jammy 23.4 and I regret upgrading. What is the recommendation? Should I try nightly with 6.6.0-rc1 kernel? I assume this one doesn't need panfork drivers anymore or are there other recommendations for h264 playback?
-
Reputation Points
- 9 replies
- 4.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I cloned the master branch of WiringOP one month ago, it reported same version 2.46 and it was working except for the option to activate internal pull up/down. Trying it in C code using: pullUpDnControl(n, PUD_DOWN); or by terminal with: gpio mode 1 down same behavior, nothing happen.. by default, unfortunately in my case, it seem active a pull up resistor for all inputs. I searched on the web and found there was a bug, fixed. I checked again the main branch and in effect it is different now, the new code is: *(gpio + GPPUD) = pud & 3 ; delayMicroseconds (5) ; *(gpio + gpioToPUDCLK [pin]) = 1 <&…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 2.6k views
-
-
Hello! Does anyone, and by anyone I probably really mean @balbes150 :D, know what I need to do when building official Mesa for it to be recognized in the experimental 6.x kernel environment? There's a panfrost focused dev/staging branch that the panfrost devs are using that I would love to try and be able to build for OPi5 but when I do it I always just get llvm. balbes, you are managing to get the GPU recognized would you be able to share how that's done in the building? I'm not asking for you to provide a build I would just love to know how you do it so I can as well and test the new versions as they happen. This is the branch and commits…
-
$ neofetch ubuntu@orangepi5 ---------------- █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ OS: Armbian (23.11.0-trunk.145) aarch64 ███████████████████████ Host: Orange Pi 5 ▄▄██ ██▄▄ Kernel: 6.6.0-rc1-edge-rockchip-rk3588 ▄▄██ ███████████ ██▄▄ Uptime: 4 mins ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Packages: 427 (dpkg) ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Shell: bash 5.2.15 ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Terminal: /dev/pts/0 ▄▄██ █████████████ ██▄▄ CPU: (8) @ 1.800GHz ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ Memory: 196MiB / 15718MiB ▄▄██ ██ ██ ██▄▄ ▄▄██ …
-
I download the following image and encountered serious problem; Armbian_23.8.1_Orangepi5_bookworm_legacy_5.10.160_cinnamon_desktop.img.xz The problem is that after screen blank out, 8 CPU cores get near full 100% usage and OPi5 gets very hot. They all have the following htop profile. Pri NI VIRT SHR S CPU% Command 20 0 5725M 224M R 96% cinnamon -- replace
-
I have 23.8.1 Jammy installed with kernel 5.10.160 and I'm getting plenty of kernel errors during any video playback, and these also cause the playback to freeze. From my research, these error messages come from librga - which I assume come from the panfork and rockchip repos but I was wondering if anyone has been able to resolve these errors.
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 3k views
-
-
Standard install - Armbian Bookworm, full 'firmware install'. I am getting some packet loss over the LAN. A raspberry pi, Synology NAS and Deban x86 install on the same LAN do not seem to exhibit the same loss. Anyone have experience or ideas? Oddly enough this never seems to occur on fresh installs. This is a docker host for pihole and home assistance, no other packages are really installed at all. I've not really tried much, but since this is a standard install, apt-get update & upgrade are about the only modifications outside of docker install that has occurred. 1. This plugs directly in to a Ubiquiti switch 2. I have tried a few differ…
-
Hello everyone, I recently installed my orangePi 5 to pass workload from my x86 servers over to the orangePi. My main focus is to reduce my overall energy consumption of my homelab. TL;DR Kernel thinks, that while being idle the sweet spot for the frequencies in "ondemand" and "schedutil" is: 1024MHz on the small chips (CPU0-3) 816MHZ on the big chips (CPU4+5, CPU6+7) Reason is an internal cost calculation power vs. frequency gain, which sorts out the lower frequencies. Long story: After getting my first orangePi5 in place, I started to play around with the hardware. I am running: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I would like to use my usb wifi adapter from my old Raspi 3. `lsusb` shows: `Bus 007 Device 002: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter` `ip a` shows: ``` 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000 link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever inet6 ::1/128 scope host valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever 2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000 link/ether 76:ac:9a:1c:50:76 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:…
-
I'm looking for information about the Ethernet chip on the Orange Pi 5. I need an SBC that has PTP hardware timestamp support (IEEE 1588). According to OrangePi.org, the Orange Pi 5 has the Motorcomm YT8531C, but I have not been able to find documentation that provides the answer about hardware PTP support. Most likely it does not, but I'd like to confirm on an actual device before purchasing one. If you have an Orange Pi 5, you can test this with this command: ls /sys/class/net |xargs -n1 ethtool -T If there is someone that is willing to run this command and post the output, I would appreciate it very much. Note: This is a cross-post from iot.stack…
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 9.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I don t know for sure a wireless keyboard which works with the Orange Pi 5. Crosstalk Solutions says on his YouTube channel that the Rii (Upgrade) i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad, Blacklit Portable Wireless Keyboard with 2.4G USB dongle for Smartphones, PC, Table works with the Orange Pi 5: https://kit.co/crosstalk/orange-pi-5 But Crosstalk Solutions does not show a proof of function in his video, and I don t know anybody else who confirms a wireless keyboard who is working with the Orange Pi 5. Do you know a wireless keyboard?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Are there any USB WiFi adapters that are supported out of the box? Nothing fancy, just looking for a cheap readily available USB WiFi adapter that doesn't require finding kernel headers and downloading modules to compile that will then be wiped out by the next release. I am currently using Armbian_23.02.0-trunk.0220_Orangepi5_jammy_legacy_5.10.110_xfce_desktop.img installed and booting from a 256GB NVME drive. Ethernet is an option but I'd like to make it more portable. What have you guys used and had success with? My network is WiFi 6+ but not having the best speed is just fine. Thanks in advance.
-
Reputation Points
- 22 replies
- 47.5k views
- 4 followers
-
-
altho there is no warning in the corner any more youtube is a slideshow, or if i am missing something please tell me what or how to enable it.
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 5.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone!👋 I would like to turn off the leds on my Orange Pi 5. I already tried this with no success, since I can't find the mentioned files (I have /sys/class/leds/status_led instead of red/orangepi etc.). Any tips? Thank you in advance! 🙂
-
Reputation Points
- 7 replies
- 16.7k views
-
-
Hi! I'm using armbian Jammy on my orange pi 5 with installed xfce desktop. I'm trying to connect it to a small HDMI screen and it doesn't work. It shows "no signal". I tried to use another screen (different model, resolution, manufacturer etc.) and it works. Then I tried to use non working screen with jetson nano and it works without any actions. So, the problem is with orange pi with armbian and this specific screen. Here is the result of "xrandr -display :0" launched trough ssh: Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1024 x 600, maximum 16384 x 16384 HDMI-1 connected primary 1024x600+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 476mm x 268mm 1024…
-
I need to move my homeassistant from rpi4 to an opi5 but I have some I2C sensors connected. Had anyone any luck configuring python and gpio to work with I2C sensors? This was a bit rough a while ago and the kernel support seems much more limited compared to the rpi4 for this type of use case. Any experience?
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
/boot/armbianEnv.txt rebooting pwm all display working fine
-
Reputation Points
- 4 replies
- 9.1k views
-
-
as the title says i used latest build of armbian cinamon for opi5 and i am tryin to set thing up but chromium is basicaly useless since its reset everytime its closed. i had older armbian build on ssd and after few updates chromium started doing same thing so i guess its not the armbian but some fail within chromium? anyone knows whats wrong with it or how to fix it? so what i mean by useless is it doesnt remeber any logins or passwords so if i open it 100 times i have to login 100 times. thanks for any help
-
Hi all, Is anyone here good with upbringing MIPI panels on Linux via device tree modifications? I've had an attempt with a specific LCD panel but I am not having any luck to be honest. I would love someone to kindly review my Git Diff/device tree changes for any errors. I've attached my LCD init code as well, as well as the DSI portion of the dmesg output log, as well as my schematics for the custom driver board I have designed. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18E5zOGlNpdWLrD43R7bB4N-Mf_8mQFKY/view Thank you! DSI_Debug_Log.txt
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Hello all, Is there any chance to run mainline kernel? Support for rk3588 seems to be starting with 6.2 and 6.3 (mainline has dts for rock 5b).
-
Reputation Points
- 8 replies
- 8.8k views
- 4 followers
-
-
hi all, so i skipped i beleive 2 releases of armbian for opi5 and i just downloaded latest and installed. i am not english native and armbian installs local langauge automaticaly wich is ABSOLUTELY NOT WANTED and quite annoying from my perspective. what i need is just plain en.us or english internatinal for system and keyboard but i cant get it. i tried changing it with armbian config but it doesnt do a thing, local language is always there and its a huge PITA. please armbian dudes, return to manual selection, i beg you. any tips how i can fix it so its just plain english? or how can i force installation to ask me what language to choose? thanks for an…
-
Hello, i have a question about how to configure a 7' touchscreen, in my case i bought this: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005004163930837.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.50.57c1194d914MA4&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp but the the problem is when i connect to my Orange Pi 5, on my laptop the screen works very well but in orange pi 5 with Armbian Jammy 23.5.5 Cinamon and it doesn't recognize it. Is there a solution on how to connect it?
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi. By updating the system today caused the hardware acceleration to fail. Start-Date: 2023-08-04 12:26:33 Commandline: apt upgrade Upgrade: armbian-jammy-desktop-gnome:arm64 (23.02.2, 23.08.0-trunk--1-Vf900-B4c8e), system-monitoring-center:arm64 (1.43.9, 1.43.10), ufw:arm64 (0.36.1-4build1, 0.36.1-4ubuntu0.1), libmutter-10-0:arm64 (42.9-0ubuntu1, 42.9-0ubuntu4), libpoppler-cpp0v5:arm64 (22.02.0-2ubuntu0.1, 22.02.0-2ubuntu0.2), mutter-common:arm64 (42.9-0ubuntu1, 42.9-0ubuntu4), poppler-utils:arm64 (22.02.0-2ubuntu0.1, 22.02.0-2ubuntu0.2), libpoppler-glib8:arm64 (22.02.0-2ubuntu0.1, 22.02.0-2ubuntu0.2), gir1.2-mutter-10:arm64 (42.9-0ubu…
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Guys, i'm new. I enabled the sata module in armbian-config then i did sudo dd bs=1M if=/path/your/armbian.img of=/dev/sda status=progress && sudo sync overlays=opi5-sata is in mnt/boot/armbianEnv.txt Without the sd, the orangepi boots in initramfs. I've added a screenshot with the shell output on hdmi. I can boot from SD but that's not what i need. Any thoughts whats going on?
-
Reputation Points
- 6 replies
- 6.5k views
-
-
I've setup the pwm overlay but while it shows up the pwm devices in /devices - it is missing the pwm0 control I've read couple posts where ppl have been able to override the overlays by decompiling the original one, but I can't make sense of the dtc dtb dtbo and dtsi files 😕 Any guides or other suggestions to fix the pwm control? Temperature and fan control on OPI5 - Orange Pi 5 / 5B / 5 Plus - Armbian Community Forums Rock Pi4 pwm control - no overlay? - Rockchip - Armbian Community Forums
-
Reputation Points
- 1 reply
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I built apt packages for the OPI 5 wiring pi and have them hosted in lauchpad https://launchpad.net/~erik1220/+archive/ubuntu/wiringpi-opi Any way to contribute them to the official build? Btw apt-add-repository is broken on 25.8 - I assume it is a side effect of python 3.11... seen similar errors on ubuntu
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If anyone is looking at fixing the access for gpio and i2c - I found you can fix it with the following udev rules addgroup --system i2c addgroup --system gpio create in /etc/udev/rules.d/60-i2c-tools.rules SUBSYSTEM=="i2c-dev",KERNEL=="i2c*", GROUP="i2c", MODE="0660" create in /etc/udev/rules.d/61-gpio-tools.rules SUBSYSTEM=="gpio",KERNEL=="gpiochip*", GROUP="gpio", MODE="0660"
-
Reputation Points
- 0 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, what is the appropriate way to upgrade from the earlier 23.5.1 to the latest 23.5.5 on the orange pi 5? Thanks
-
Has anyone successfully migrated from 23.2 (stable) to 23.5 (stable)? Is that scenario possible today? I'm looking to get the Bluetooth working, I know it has been fixed in 23.5 but that one is currently broken.
-
Reputation Points
- 3 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! Has anyone tried to play straight unconverted hevc video from a GoPro 11? Iv'e tried ffplay and gst-play but I'm just getting a static image and a bunch of these errors, [swscaler @ 0x7f49d399c0] [swscaler @ 0x7f49d47a50] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly I have successfully played example jellyfish videos of hevc and hevc 10bit formats, ffmpeg reports the following details from the GoPro footage, Stream #0:0[0x1](eng): Video: hevc (Main) (hvc1 / 0x31637668), yuvj420p(pc, bt709), 3840x2160 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 119725 kb/s, 119.88 fps, 119.88 tbr, 120k tbn (default) …
-
I got my Orange Pi 5 board to boot v6.1.20 I took all the patches from here: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/packages/core/linux-rk3588/-/tree/main/ and built from Armbian's latest trunk source. These patch(es) will need to be modified to support v6.2 & v6.3. > uname -a > Linux orangepi5 6.1.20-rockchip-rk3588 #trunk SMP Tue Apr 25 11:47:11 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
-
On my Orange Pi 5, I have successfully installed the X11VNC server. I followed the guide at the following link X11VNC and everything works as expected. I can connect with Real VNC from another device and see the desktop of the Orange Pi as if I were in front of its display. However, when the Orange Pi 5 is powered on without a display connected to the HDMI port, the access with Real VNC doesn't work as before. I get a black screen and I am unable to interact with the Orange Pi. I had a similar issue with Raspberry Pi, where I could resolve it by setting a default screen resolution. How can I achieve this with Armbian? How can I configure an alternative resolution when the…
-
Reputation Points
- 2 replies
- 8.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone have any success getting this module for new MediaTek WIFI 6 adapters? I've tried this backport of the mainline driver but get this compilation error. https://github.com/astsam/mt7921/issues/1 Anyone any ideas?
-
Reputation Points
- 5 replies
- 6.1k views
- 1 follower
-